Ordered a new SVS sub

TIbor

Hi

I bought the bullet and purchased a SVS PB2-ISD. Unfornutaley I will need to finish my basement first. The wife is already up my butt about the size of the speakers(no complaints are heard from her when wwatching a movie though). The SVS sub is much larger than my KSW 12. The living room isnt really big enough for all the speakers and stuff. So I guess that will be motivation to get the basement done.

Should I save the ksw 12 or sell it somewhere..could I use both or would it make the bass sound funny. The room size is about 15 x28..but the vieiwing, listening area will be about 15x15

Any tips on finishing the basement types of insulation or sheetrock or such, would be great

Thanks

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 11/12/2003 8:47:48 PM TIbor wrote:

Hi

I bought the bullet and purchased a SVS PB2-ISD. Unfornutaley I will need to finish my basement first. The wife is already up my butt about the size of the speakers(no complaints are heard from her when wwatching a movie though). The SVS sub is much larger than my KSW 12. The living room isnt really big enough for all the speakers and stuff. So I guess that will be motivation to get the basement done.

Should I save the ksw 12 or sell it somewhere..could I use both or would it make the bass sound funny. The room size is about 15 x28..but the vieiwing, listening area will be about 15x15

Any tips on finishing the basement types of insulation or sheetrock or such, would be great

Thanks

----------------

Tibor, great choice in subs10.gif it will definatly give you bass to feel, now on the topic of keeping the Klipsch ksw 12, as long as you have the room, YES YES YES, you can never have enough, 1 in each corner, or even 2 together. Did you get it yet? Let me know what you think

about the SVS.

Smilin

Klipsch Rocks, But we need to be in BASS heaven2.gif

----------------

On 11/12/2003 9:40:30 PM TIbor wrote:

Hi

No I didnt get it yet...probably about 2 weeks, I was afraid the boommines of the ksw 12 might make the bass effect sound less than optimal..I guess I will have to wait and see

Regards

----------------

Try it out and see if you like it. Does not hurt to try the other sub in your setup, since you already have it. Hell, I put my old cheapy Yamaha YST-40 sub in my setup, and it seems to work pretty good with everything else. That PB2-ISD ought to be nice. I am serisouly thinking of getting the PB2-Ultra when it comes out. I'd like to get more bass slam out of my system than I currently have (although that REL Storm III is no slouch, especially when it comes to accuracy and tightness of the bass).

Welcome to the world of SVS, once you join you never leave 11.gif muahaha. I think you will LOVE that sub, Tom was SO trying to get me to buy one when I was looking for another SVS, but I love the cylinders too much to buy a box sub. I know their box subs rock and I wish I could afford to get one on top of the current triple 20-39's I have. If I were you I would try the SVS ALONE first, then see if you need more, I think the KSW might just "boom" to much compared to the clean deep bass of the SVS, and you may have to mess too much to get them to be perfect together. Stick the KSW in the bedroom or in the PC setup, that would be a good sub for a PC surround setup for sure 1.gif

tlbor,

i have to agree w/orange peel. svs has such a clean sound to it that i would first try the pb2.

another thought is that if you use more than one sub, depending on you room and sub phase control, you could actually reduce your db's buy one of the sub cancelling out (out of phase) with the other.

if you go with both, take spl readings with the svs, then both and see if you are losing anything at you listening position...i didn't let my nasty filthy rotten old subs even mingle with my svs...i already was disgracing my klipsch's by having such trash hooked up, but it was all i had...15.gif

writing the old subs names here is like speaking the black tongue of mordor...11.gif bad, evil.....(shudder)

----------------

On 11/12/2003 11:00:20 PM tankhokie wrote:

writing the old subs names here is like speaking the black tongue of mordor...
11.gif
bad, evil.....(shudder)

----------------

Let me guess - you tried to hook up a Bose "bass module" with the Klipsch - now that would be evil and definitly a sin! 11.gif No seriously, I'll admit, the Ysmaha YST-SW40 that I recycled from my old setup is nothing compared to the likes of SVS or my REL, but still, I could not let a perfectly good sub sit there doing nothing, and it does actually produce a pretty clean bass.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

Hi

Thanks

----------------

Hey Tibor,

You will love the sub, don't worry be happy2.gif

I talked to eric at SVS today And gues what, My SVS B4plus was shipped today and is on the truck as we speak, BAX delivery either friday or monday. I'll post more and photo's after set up and trial and error calculations...Check out the B4 on the SVS site.

We can rock together.9.gif

Smilin

Tibor-

SELL THE KSW-12!!! As soon as I setup my SVS Ultra, the KSW-12 got the dump and I put it up for sale. There is simply NO comparison between a SVS & KSW series subs. The Ultra was soooo clear and seamlessly integrated with my system I had to check 3 times that it was getting power. But when it kicks in....WOW, talk about pissing off neighbors!

-Dave

Great sub, you won't be the least bit disappointed, it's easily the best sub under $1K.

I would sell the KSW12 and put the money towards a parametric EQ like the BFD. It's only $120 shipped and I guarantee it'll have much more positive impact on your bass than adding the KSW12 ever will. With the money left over buy the wife something to keep her quiet9.gif.

----------------

On 11/13/2003 2:49:17 PM dubai2000 wrote:

And there is simply no contest to the REL Stadium II (next one up from the Storm) - deeper, tighter, simply more of a good (THE REAL) thing! Enjoy it, you won't be disappointed!

Wolfram

----------------

Yeah, I'd love to get one, but REL (it is now the Staduim III) is so friggan expensive here in the United States, but yeah, you cannot beat the accuracy and tightness. The Storm III was over $2,000 - but I was able to get somewhat of a discount on it, so I got it for around $1,800.

From your username, I am assuming you are in/from Dubai. Is that the case?

Skonopa,

no, I am a German, but have lived in Dubai for some years - and I also noticed that I wasn't clear in my post: The SVS blew the REL away though it is considerably cheaper than the Stadium! All those years I had noticed that whenever I had been to a live concert, particuarly drums sounded somehow not right at home (usually too small). Of course I could turn up the REL, but somehow the upper bass became a bit too 'fat'. With SVS there is no such problem. At last classical orchestras, organs etc. sound real (though on a smaller scale - but after all one doesn't live in a concert hall/church LOL). I had listened to a similar performance only once before when I came across a Revel B15 - but that's even more costly than the RELs. So for me the speaker quest has ended: Khorns and the SVS PB2-ISD - THAT'S IT!

Wolfram

----------------

On 11/13/2003 5:57:35 PM dubai2000 wrote:

no, I am a German, but have lived in Dubai for some years - and I also noticed that I wasn't clear in my post: The SVS blew the REL away though it is considerably cheaper than the Stadium!

----------------

Ahh, okay, I went back and re-read your post. Yeah, I am actually seriously considering getting an SVS PB2-Ultra when they become available. Still, although the REL may not have the slam as the SVS, but I have yet to hear anything that comes close to the sheer accuracy and tightness of the bass. Now, granted, I have yet to hear any of the SVS, though. I'd still like to get with somebody that has such a setup so I can listen.

----------------

Should I save the ksw 12 or sell it somewhere..could I use both or would it make the bass sound funny?

----------------

I agree with those who said "sell the KSW 12." Or, at the very least, use that sub in another part of your house (with a different system). I have a PB2-ISD, and it is incredible. However, that SVS puts out such tight, clean bass that you will notice the different sound of your KSW 12 in comparison. Plus, with the PB2-ISD, you should not immediately need another sub. The only reason I am still running my 20-39PCi in conjunction with my new PB2-ISD (phase adjusted) is because they both have the same drivers and vocally sound very similar.

You will love your PB2-ISD.

Downstairs

Harmon Kardon AVR 525

Mains: Klipsch RF3II

Center: Klipsch RC35

Surrounds: Klipsch RS35

Rear: Klipsch KLF-C7

SVS 20-39PCi

SVS PB2-ISD (incredible!)

Upstairs

Yamaha RX-V1300

Mains, Center: Onkyo SKS-HT500

Surrounds: Axiom QS-8

HSU VTF-2

It's a pity Germany isn't exactly round the corner, otherwise you'd be most welcome. Anyway, I was slightly reluctant for a while to buy a product which couldn't be tried out in advance, but I am really glad I took the plunge. I only noticed the less than tight upper bass of the REL (in MY room) after getting the SVS. So as you live in the US and SVS offers a money back guarantee, I really think you should give them a try!

BTW: I am in no way affiliated to the company - just a very happy customer 9.gif .

Wolfram

I have the PB1 ISD. This sub is totally insane. The PB2 is even bigger than the PB1. I can probably break windows with the PB1 so you can probably bring the house down with the PB2.

Whe calibrating with the Avia disk I basically subject my listening room to a low freq vibration sweep. This uncovers the resonant frequencies in the room. For example at a certain low freq, the blinds over the windows start to dance, and at another freq, the HVAC lines above the drywall ceiling begin to howl. this is never a prob when listening to movies or music.

I love my SVS and I am sure you will too.