Help me identify these Heritage speakers

tankhokie

ok, it has been a couple of weeks, but i finally snuck a picture of the klipsch speakers in my church.

the resolution is poor but it came from a palm pilot...discrete11.gif

anyway, the only thing you can't see is the klipsch badge at the bottom center of the grills. it says "Klipsch" in a 3-d cut-out letter format (not printed on a plate/placard) and the letters are white with black edges.

i haven't been able to find any pics like these on the site or on the net...

do you know what they are???

thanks!

post-10593-13819250156676_thumb.jpg

They sort of look like Heresys to me, but without a size, we won't know. Why don't you just ask someone at the church? I'm sure they won't mind, and you'll probably make someone's day (the guy that decided to install them), by noticing. Barring this "honest" approach (it IS church, after all), if I were in your shoes I'd hide a 5 mp digital camera in a modified hymnal. Make sure you wear REALLY thick glasses, so they think the reason you're holding the hymnal up to your face is to read the music. Believe me, I've done WAY sneakier things in church. I'm pretty sure God's on to me, though.

fini

amidst the wife's scornful looks as i was secretly snapping pics of the speakers in church, i noticed how i missed doing sneaky things.

fini, i am thinking that the hymnal is not thick enough to hollow out for my larger camera w/zoom.

11.gif but i am going to figure out how to get a better pic of these. it would be no fun to just ask...so i am thinking of hiding the bigger camera in a heavy coat (as it is getting cold) and then snapping a few up close pics.

i will also work on an estimated size for the cabinets. this has turned into way too much fun for what it should be.9.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 11/17/2003 12:23:56 AM tankhokie wrote:

amidst the wife's scornful looks as i was secretly snapping pics of the speakers in church, i noticed how i missed doing sneaky things.

fini, i am thinking that the hymnal is not thick enough to hollow out for my larger camera w/zoom.

11.gif
but i am going to figure out how to get a better pic of these. it would be no fun to just ask...so i am thinking of hiding the bigger camera in a heavy coat (as it is getting cold) and then snapping a few up close pics.

i will also work on an estimated size for the cabinets. this has turned into way too much fun for what it should be.
9.gif

----------------

11.gif I gotta love the way you think!!

Tank, you one sneaky fellow....and I think I like it, we gots to get together sometime.

Smilin

PWK personally supervised the installation of Heresys for sound reinforcement in countless churches. It was his ideal choice; crisp and clean at the top where the "intelligibility" frequencies fall. There would be few rooms that would require bass support for the human voice.

One of his most notable installations was Saint Mark's Episcopal Church in Shreveport in which the Heresys were disguised as chandeliers!

Try your Minolta on that one!

Why didn't you just ask your clergyman if you could stay a few minutes after services to click a few pics. We are NOT a hard bunch to get along with.

Father Bill+

drbill,

i am sure he would have no problem w/me asking about the speakers and i am sure he wouldn't hold anything against me.

this is tough to put into words, it is sort of like playing spy...without the real possibility of being captured and killed. you get to be sneaky and under-handed but all at the risk of being thought of as "possibly disturbed"2.gif -- and with the added bonus that you are still doing legal and moral things.

i guess deep down, i have an additional (and secret) level to my maslow pyramid of needs...the need to be naughty11.gif. it is just a good thing that my naughtyness only extends into the legal/moral realm as i am a God fearing man and also have a healthy phobia of prison6.gif .

now back to my sneaky ways...heh heh heh11.gif

I know. Really, I do! Believe it or not, even clergymen have a fun-loving, michevious thread woven into the fabric of the "cloth". I have seen brilliant stunts pulled of in the midst of divine service. It is a matter of honor not to give away trade secrets, so you will just have to trust me on this one. The real art involved in all this is the discipline to keep an absolute poker face and otherworldly gaze. Our profession is so intense, that were it not for some occasional holy mischief, we would go quite mad. And I am absolutely convinced that the diety has a sense of humor. Why else did he create orangutans and school boards?

FATHER BILL+

We were attending a wedding this past summer and while even in the 3rd row, the speech was almost unintellegable. I looked up on the column toward the speaker then whispered to my family, "Do you see why we can't understand a thing they are saying?" They rolled their eyes at me as they read "BOSE" on the speaker. My son laughed out loud of course. He's my only family ally when it comes to audio.

• 3 weeks later...