Is it me or did T3 suck??

Orange Peel

m00n - I don't think you will like T3, I liked Revolutions up to a point, I loved it for what it was, the continuation to Reloaded, but I just felt they didn't conclude it and are leaving it open for another movie. The effects were great, sound awesome, and the movie all in all was good. But T3, nada, total crap, you may get a hint of excitement here and there, but you just can't get over the fact it's a sequel to T2 and how mich is sucks 3.gif I would recommend it just for the sound effects, don't get your hopes up for a good movie though 9.gif

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T3 was absolutely horrible. There was no character development with any of the new characters. I think that is where they blew it along with the lack of a plot. I think they should have made more out of the father-in-law, etc. It would have made the movie more interesting. It was way too cliche.

As for CA Full Throttle...was it just me, or did the movie appear to be made by three teenage girls who think they are so cute that whatever they do is so adorable and funny. Come on Lucy Liu, your cross-eyed and Drew, your a sloppy mess. BTW, Cameron Diaz, you looked way too convincing in a mullet...scary actually. I think it was just an excuse to see how many different kinds of outfits they could wear in 1.5 hours. What was this, Spice Girls the Movie?!?

Actually if you really think about it, T3 tied up pretty much all loose ends and unanswered questions/scenerios from the first two, and gave a sense of finality to it. It showed just how the underground resistance got started after the war, etc. It also could be left as the ending movie to the series, as let's face it, Arnold will be way too old for a 4th one (although I did read somewhere that they were considering getting the Rock to replace Arnold if the series were to continue). Besides, the way it ended, where could they go with a new one anyway? It's at the point now where they couldn't ever send anymore back through time into the past now.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Anyone got any other concert/music DVD's to recommend?"

KISS Symphony. You get heavy metal/hard rock along with a full 60 or 70 piece symphony orchestra all at the same time (not to mention more explosions than a typical action movie to boot).

Liked T3 and Revolutions. Don't trust any of these guys Moon. It's at least worth a rental! I am one of the few that liked Revolutions as well. I thought it was really good on many levels. Not a GREEATT movie, but definitely very good. I won't go into detail. It would take way too much time. But seriously Moon... you must feel my pain with all these people that hated revolutions. I was quite shocked coming out of the theatre when all my friends said it sucked... Couldn't believe it. Just goes to show how subjective the movie going experience can be.

Revolutions was great. I thought they they did a good job of recapturing some of the rawness of the first one. The special effects scenes in the dock reminded me of The Empire Strikes Back -- and I thought the storyline was strong. The only weakness in the whole movie was the sappy scene where Trinity is dying. At one point I thought to myself, "Yeesh, just freaking die already".

Cut me a break, no one watches the Terminator Series for it's deep plot -- it's about the special effects. I don't want to THINK when I rent this stuff -- I just want to have fun.

I haven't seen T3 yet, but I can say that I did enjoy Revolutions. I thought the first Matrix was cool, albeit a bit overrated. It is a stylish action movie, and too many people looked WAY too deep. The second Matrix movie BLEW. It had some awesome action sequences, but he first hour made it suck big time. Matrix 3 was a good flick.

But, the best thing to come out of the franchise yet is Animatrix. I think that DVD blows all 3 movies away. And it gives the Wachoski bros. a sense of credibility, since they are actually giving credit to what was their obvious inspiration for these films, Anime. When I first saw the matrix, I was appalled at how much it was a HUGE ripoff of Ghost in the Shell(right down to the wires sticking out of the bodies and the green code), one of my favorite filmes of all time.. But, they do cite it as an inspiration, so I'll give them a break.

Also, if you haven't seen the Animatrix, you won't understand half of the crap in the last two movies. The 'kid' who saves the day at the end of Revolutions backstory is shown in the animatrix. Also the origin of the conflict between man and machine is outlined (we started it, which is why it is good that the machines weren't annhilated at the end of Revolutions). Anyway, check it out.

i watched t3 in my ht room last night, and while the plot was weak, the special fx and sound JAMMED. the chase and shoot-em-ups were full of action and stuff blowing up.definitely good for later release on tnt's 'movies for guys who like movies' show!

jmo-avman.

ok, just watched it and while I will admit there was a bit of cheeze (just a little) I thought it was for the most part a really good movie. Loved it. I would give it a "B". Yeah a "B" not because of it's strong acting or directing, but because both audio and visual affects were excellent!!!

Damn nay sayers! 2.gif

I have to agree T3 sucks in plots, no new FX after all these yrs after T2. Same plot & tricks as T1 and T2. That's my major complaint.

M3, I love Matrix, but Revolution really kills the trilogy. Quite a few things are not explained, For example, how can Leo see the orange image in real life with his eyes wrecked ?

To my surprise, I have always put off watching LOTR. I finally watched LOTR 1 and 2 together for the FIRST TIME last weekend. OMG, it was a GREAT movie. Yes, a little slow, but the story rocks. FX and sound are great too. I guess I will watch Return of the King in theater, can't wait for the DVD.

----------------

On 11/26/2003 11:56:58 AM yada wrote:

M3, I love Matrix, but Revolution really kills the trilogy. Quite a few things are not explained, For example, how can Leo see the orange image in real life with his eyes wrecked ?

----------------

Do you not recall what the oracle told Neo? She told him that "The Ones" power would extend beyond The Matrix and into the real world....

Ohh hummmmm... Neysayers just kill me.15.gif

2.gif

----------------

On 11/26/2003 10:59:05 PM m00n wrote:

I have no urge what's so ever to go see it. This is definitly a movie I can wait to see on DVD. Hmm speaking of DVDs, Pirates of the Cribbean comes out soon. What a good movie.

----------------

I pre-ordered Pirates and got 7 free rentals at blockbusters. I haven't seen it yet but looking forward to it.