Rare recording done with Cry-O-Matic StuderFunken!

mobile homeless

----------------

On 11/21/2003 6:14:36 PM neo33 wrote:

"yea baby!!!

now you're entering the 21st.century!!! no more dusty/musty vinyl---SACD all-the-way!!!"

Uhh, at least to my ears (that's two), vinyl can have way more dynamics then even SACD!

----------------

A particular vinyl record can have more dynamics than a particular SACD, but the potential dynamic range of vinyl is pitiful compared to the potential dynamic range of SACD.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All this time, I actually thought you were joking. I cannot believe you are this ignorant, Parrot. A 56 second joke done on my computer is somehow interpreted as some sort of audiophile recording? Are you this dense or pretending to be? That fact that you actually MEASURED that crap is sad enough!

Everyone here laughed but you, who somehow seemed to think I was posting this for recording quality. It's amazing and I STILL cant believe you were serious.

It's actually embarrassing.

Though not as embarrassing as your post in 2 Channel on 4/2/2002

PAULPARROT 4/2/02:

"I also miss mobile homeless. He had a lot of excellent posts."

You never recovered when I questioned the merits of a $250 Sony DVP-NS500V player. Ever since that day, you have been a 100% A-hole after most of my posts. Sadly, that is the truth.

kh

"but then we're not here to critique English."

Subconsciously, you're criticizing his writing of being attached to an idol for the purpose of impressing or influencing others. Admit it Paul, the "Great" Kelly is only a figment of your imagination.

----------------

On 11/21/2003 6:28:32 PM mobile homeless wrote:

All this time, I actually thought you were joking. I cannot believe you are this ignorant, Parrot. A 56 second joke done on my computer is somehow interpreted as some sort of audiophile recording? Are you this dense or pretending to be?

Everyone here laughed but you, who somehow seemed to think I was posting this for recording quality. It's amazing and I STILL cant believe you were serious.

It's actually embarrassing.

Though not as embarrassing as your post in 2 Channel on 4/2/2002

PAULPARROT 4/2/02:

"I also miss mobile homeless. He had a lot of excellent posts."

You never recovered when I questioned the merits of a $250 Sony DVP-NS500V player. Ever since that day, you have been a 100% A-hole. Sadly, that is the truth.

----------------

I needed to quote your text so you wouldn't be able to change it later and play dumb.

Mobile, you fancy yourself an audiophile with golden ears. Even have studio recording experience. But you post a recording that is poor, at best, that is clipping frequently. I think that indicates something. You can go ahead and deny it until you're blue in the face, but those flat waveforms don't lie.

And certainly you had a lot of excellent posts in the past; I'd hope so out of close to FIVE THOUSAND. And sometimes you still have a couple good thoughts. That's not in dispute.

As for SACD, it's just another case of you having to act like a know-it-all. Since you couldn't afford a $250 machine to hear how it sounded, you needed to denigrate it without hearing it. Or maybe because you couldn't take credit for introducing it to people. I don't know your motive. But SACD has been out since 1999, since 2000 in the US, and you still have barely heard it. For someone who claims to be able to hear if his CD player's LED light is on or not, you'd think you could maybe just maybe hear a wee little improvement going from CD to SACD.

PARROT SAYS:

"Mobile, you fancy yourself an audiophile with golden ears. Even have studio recording experience. But you post a recording that is poor, at best, that is clipping frequently. I think that indicates something. You can go ahead and deny it until you're blue in the face, but those flat waveforms don't lie."

There is no need to respond to this. Just READ the above quote by PARROT and let it sink in, this in relation to the recording and subject post in this thread.

kh

----------------

On 11/21/2003 6:01:04 PM paulparrot wrote:

Whew, Mobes, you make it tough to respond when you edit your post every two minutes. Is this your 4th revision now?

----------------

Oh, that's nothin'. For a primer on revisions, see this thread, in the "Website" forum.

fini