Rare recording done with Cry-O-Matic StuderFunken!

mobile homeless

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

moron.jpg

This waveform picture is of the beginning of the "song." Man, Mobile, if you can't hear the clipping on this recording of yours, it's no wonder you are happy with your low-powered amps. When you play something loud, you're probably clipping almost constantly and you don't even know it!!! What a loon.

Parrot, this was from the original Cry-O-Studerfunken and the dropouts and saturation are noted. Indeed, I cannot play this too loud for fear of frying a horn. Yes, there is massive saturation duly noted but some of this might be from the non-linear reproduction of the prototype StuderFunken after a transfer to SACD.

I did tell you this was an SACD reproduction of the StuderFunken did I not?

I just purchased a Sonys DVP-NC685V JUST TO PLAY this Studerfunken recording! So far, I am disappointed but some of it may be due to the Cry-O-Matic tube(z) patent pending.

I have the DVP-NC685V plugged into my EL-34 POWER HOUSE and BOSTON sounds sublime!

Hello:

That's a hoot.

Kell, it really would have been funnier if a company name had been mentioned for the "recording device" and special oils would have to have been applied and then all announced to the world.

Then everybody could say "wow" and their hearts would "flutter."

But we need more, what type of reels were the tapes on?

dodger

Edit: The post and the recording are funny, with no criticism of talent or recording.

Parrot, is this some of your best circumstantial evidence?

Dont you want to hear the recording as captured in all its purity? I have done my BEST here, but the transfer to MP3 has done even more damage.

I think this marks the first time someone has taken the time and effort to run a digi-SCOPE on an MP3! I am both flattered and taken aback by the gesture.

Please send your address; I would like to forward the entire SACD recording for your listening pleasure.

kh

ps C&S, I just broke two knuckles...

"I just broke two knuckles..."

those ceramic Moroccan bongos are murder on the hands. Like Mongo and Poncho, I am a firm believer in adhesive tape as a preventative measure.

Have you ever heard Richard Feynman on bongo? He does this chant about Orange Juice which was reminiscent of your vocal style with bongo accompaniment.

Will you be studying in Cuba anytime soon?

C&S

----------------

On 11/21/2003 2:44:36 PM paulparrot wrote:

----------------

On 11/21/2003 2:42:34 PM bclarke421 wrote:

Holy crap! Get a life, and on your way, look around for a sense of humor while you're at it.

----------------

Now, now, bclarke, Mobile was just having a little fun. Calm down.

----------------

I was talking to you, Bobo. Do you work at NASA by any chance?