Rare recording done with Cry-O-Matic StuderFunken!

mobile homeless

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 11/21/2003 3:40:27 PM paulparrot wrote:

----------------

On 11/21/2003 3:32:36 PM neo33 wrote:

What a great recording, Kelly. Too funny though.
1.gif

----------------

You don't mind thousands of clipped waves in a one minute ditty? A "great" recording!!!???

----------------

Now, now, parrot, Mobile was just having a little fun. Calm down.

Ahhh, Dodger....knees and all, produces yet another one out of left field, seemingly in its own vacuum-packed container. Here's to another signature edit!

Fini, I hope you are using the term "album" figuratively. This is ONLY on SACD now, that is, unless you have the other CRY-O-StuderFunken prototype. IF so, I would watch your step. There is much intrigue surrounding this piece. I hear the Republicans are considering hush-hush use in Iraq. Democrats are trying to make sculpture...

kh

Ironic, isn't it, that a guy who claims to be able to hear the differences in turntable mats, and whether the LED is lit on his CD player, doesn't mind thousands of clipped elements in a short song. Then tries to blame it on mp3--although mp3 doesn't automatically make files clipped.

To me, this speaks volumes. To others, who reside in the upside-down Orwellian world of KellyLand, where measurements are meaningless and where, when the facts go against you, you make a joke, this is a great recording.

Whatever, dudes. Was that clipping? No, man, that was my tubes thawing out after being cryogenically treated. Hear the magic, man?

Jesus PArrot, I just realized that you might actually be SERIOUS. I hope for the love of god you arent serious here. All this time, I thought you were talking tongue in cheek and it almost appears as if you are being as literal as others feared. Christ, I hope not. I actually had more respect for you than this. Even so, this line of humor is bordering on a serious comparison with the guys in the Prototype thread. Please, tell me you arent serious? IF you are, then you have absolutely no concept of humor, either tongue in cheek or otherwise. If you arent, it's the same thing, sadly enough.

That recording was COMPLETELY saturated as it was done with a $1 omni mic that came with my Dell, Windows 2000 Recorder, and jacked up levels with echo to boot. IF you somehow were mistaking it for high fidelity, I feel sorry for you.

A bird with ruffled plumage is usally a male out to attract a mate. I dont know what this means exactly but it appears as if Parrot is willing to find out. It's a love-hate thing, ever since he painted that first HF-81 satin black.

How much did you get for your ebay HF-81 that you didnt offer to the forum first? What was it? $350? As I remember, you used my own text to sell it. You are yet one more example of biting the hand that feeds.

kh

----------------

On 11/21/2003 5:31:45 PM mobile homeless wrote:

A bird with ruffled plumage is usally a male out to attract a mate. I dont know what this means exactly but it appears as if Parrot is willing to find out. It's a love-hate thing, ever since he painted that first HF-81 satin black.

How much did you get for your ebay HF-81 that you didnt offer to the forum first? What was it? $350? As I remember, you used my own text to sell it. You are yet one more example of biting the hand that feeds.

----------------

Whew, Mobes, you make it tough to respond when you edit your post every two minutes. Is this your 4th revision now?

Dumb me, I forgot that YOU INVENTED BLACK PAINT! You must be rolling in royalties.

A Forum member did buy an EICO of mine and is very happy with it. It was a real fine amp. My text was my own. I did suggest searching on the internet for reviews, which will turn up some of your pages.

Now as to this matter of you thinking male birds are in love with you, I'm not sure how to respond except maybe you need to take half of what you're taking.

----------------

On 11/21/2003 6:00:53 PM neo33 wrote:

Just because Kelly's writing skill is better then mine, does that make him better altogether? No! It's all relative, Paul. In all seriousness, if you can't take a humor, categorically speaking, then I don't know what more to say.

----------------

Neo, there is nothing wrong with your writing skills. I find them superior to Mobile's, with his overly wordy posts, but then we're not here to critique English.

I enjoy a good joke. My requirement for a good joke is simple: It needs to be funny.

Actually, I should have said MS Paintbrush... pretty sure ole Parrot is a PC man, for better or worse. Maybe not. I actually do have a MS PaintBrush graphic made by Jeff that is priceless, but am leary about posting it.

Where have you been, tbabb???

kh

ps Parrot your singlemindedness is pretty evident. Why didnt you post that HF-81 here first for a forum member to get first shot? IT went on ebay without a mention. Only luck that a forum member got it. Nice reference to the SET comparison, though.

----------------

On 11/21/2003 2:56:21 PM mobile homeless wrote:

I have the DVP-NC685V plugged into my EL-34 POWER HOUSE and BOSTON sounds sublime!

----------------

yea baby!!!

now you're entering the 21st.century!!! no more dusty/musty vinyl---SACD all-the-way!!!

2.gif

BTW-i have 'boston' on SACD 2-ch.1.gif

avman.

----------------

On 11/21/2003 5:49:50 PM mobile homeless wrote:

Hey Parrot, what is your infatuation with Michael Jackson? Lord, so you got caught up in the hype too? Every idiot has this running on his station, and now we have to see it here too? Seems like you have been looking everywhere for anything you could find. Nice graphic. McPaint?

----------------

Is this all the better you can do, Mobile: Claim that I'm in love with Michael?

Okay, now you've changed your story enough times about the clipping that you've confused some people. First, it was offered without comment. Then it was the thawing out of the tubes. Third it was the mp3 that did it. Fourth, it was SACD. Fifth, it's the $1 mic. Plus Windows. Plus improper levels.

If I hadn't take a Print Screen of part of the waveform, you'd have gone back and re-recorded it without overloading it and said I was imagining things.

This truly is not worth making such a big deal over. Some people are happy with clipped sound and lo-fi and don't even know how bad something they're listening to really is.