Got the new banana plugs!!

Orange Peel

On 4/6/2004 9:03:57 AM dantfmly wrote:

As long as you get a good tight connection why would it matter what kind of connector that you have.

With banana plugs you ususally end up with a smaller contact area (even if it is tight).

I wasn't posting that the plugs made my system sound better at all, I was just trying to post about a quality plug, and how CHEAP they are for the quality. I was using Monster Cable ones and they sucked hard, rubber cover, etc! What I meant with the sound part was they didn't make my system sound any worse than before I used them, so the system sounded just perfect, like, the way it did all along. I would hope going to a different plug wouldn't make the system sound worse, so if it sounds just as good as before the new plug, that's "perfect" to me 3.gif

And yes, I agree, what I got them for is convenience, I hate unscrewing the wire with no plugs, PITA!

Well i got banana connectors today. and it made quite a difference in bass and imageing quality of the speakers. I think the problem was in the reciever not accepting 12 gauge wire very well into the connector. WOO HOO. 9.gif I'm happy with the 40 bucks i spent. i bought mine from partexpress. dayton audio i believe is the brand i paid 3.25 a pair X10 pair. 32.50 before shipping. I think the banana connectors only help if you are getting a bad connection to begin with. I got them because the plugs on the back of the reciever did not like to accept 12 gauge very well. I basically had to cram the wire in and twist down. They would even come out. I have to take my TV out to get the best angle at my reciever so i got tired of doing that and finally broke down and bought the banna connectos. Plus the next time i go to move the stuff. it will be really easy to unplug then plug everything back in. 3.gif

----------------

On 4/6/2004 11:32:01 PM toddvj wrote:

----------------

On 4/4/2004 10:17:20 PM TauRus wrote:

The kind of plugs I would stay away from are the ones you can see on many of the Monster cables (screw on design).
----------------

What are you talking about?

----------------

toddvj, I was referring to the banana plugs that Monster is using on M Series cables. THey actually have a screw on adapter from a pin connector to a banana plug. I think this just adds to the chances of poor contact. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, so take a look.

post-12165-13819250223646_thumb.jpg