The Marshall knobs are nice!

BigBusa

Whoever said these were cheap looking was way off. The ones I just paid $2 each for are really nice. My pics don't do them justice. Do they look like the original Scott knobs? I don't know because I haven't been able to compare them yet. I would pay $2 for one of these before I'd pay $5 for a used original knob.

PB240002.JPG

post-7446-1381925042132_thumb.jpg

BB,

First you're talking about a new Sheriff in town, then the Marshall's knobs. Do you have some sort of "Old West" fixation? Since I have so many mental quirks of my own, I'm pretty quick to spot these in others. It's sort of my job here.

fini

Okay lets put some fact to work here. Ryan I have no clue where you get these Idea's from if you look at the pictures below you will see a really nice brass ring inside the body of the knob this is what the set screw threads into which is actually way better then the originals which did simply thread into the Bakelite and often are stripped out and ruined. The looks are just about Identical I just do not get you at all. Even if the originals are better looking there not better looking if the Cap is gone so what is the point ??

Original on the left Marshall on the right

Knob1.JPG

Knob2.jpg

craig the only way to tell the marshall from the original (from the top side) is that the marshalls machined metal cap and plastic body looks new.

They really are sweet and I thank you for mentioning them a while back. If "those knobs are ugly" and they look exactly like the originals then what does that make the originals ryan? Ryan is smoking his breakfast as usual. 9.gif

These new knobs, my near mint cabinet, deans cleaning and your restoration will make my scott 340B like new!

Can you provide a link to that thread please?

----------------

On 11/24/2003 8:59:50 PM fini wrote:

WOW! This thread is almost getting as hot as the DC Sniper thread down in the General Forum! Better check that one out before it's erased, and I'm banned! I love/hate those knobs!!

fini

----------------

I agree Gary. My opinion is that all original is better and generally worth more.

----------------

On 11/24/2003 10:54:01 PM garymd wrote:

I have to admit the Marshalls look pretty nice from the pics. I'd still rather have originals though. I'd pay the extra $3 if I was missing only 1 or 2 but there certainly doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the new ones.

----------------

----------------

WOW! This thread is almost getting as hot as the DC Sniper thread down in the General Forum! Better check that one out before it's erased, and I'm banned! I love/hate those knobs!!

fini

----------------

Darnit Fini - went to that post after reading this and was both amused and irritated. I went into a rather well thought out and eloquently stated (he humbly said) response that mentioned everyone that was participating in the thread and developed a solution that would have cleared the fog and allowed a concensus to develop. Somewhere between my writing the response and clicking submit, the thread was pulled.

Now that made me angry. I am taking my template for world peace and going home. Take that Moderators...3.gif

----------------

On 11/24/2003 11:52:46 PM hwatkins wrote:

----------------

fini

----------------

Darnit Fini - went to that post after reading this and was both amused and irritated. I went into a rather well thought out and eloquently stated (he humbly said) response that mentioned everyone that was participating in the thread and developed a solution that would have cleared the fog and allowed a concensus to develop. Somewhere between my writing the response and clicking submit, the thread was pulled.

Now that made me angry. I am taking my template for world peace and going home. Take that Moderators...
3.gif

----------------

Henry, I am sorry I didn't get to read your solution. Maybe that one was yanked too fast? I don't know. You've gotta let the pot boil if you want the potatoes to cook.

That way you have something to eat with your whirled peas.

fini

There is no reason to pick sides or even argue. I'm just making a point that some poeple are full a bullsh!t up to there eyeballs. I would rather have originals also but there is very short supply. The marshalls are a nice viable option and are not POS there are very well made. If you ask me in the SET screw department better than the originals wouldn't your rather have your set screw threading into metal rather then bakelite.

Craig