A Question for Dean

Vital

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time I heard Khorns was in about 79, I was a kid and I was floored with the impact and loudness they put out. The Scala's set up in my basement with cement and minimal absorbtion give me some tight bass impact that I like. In some cases it can actually be to much over the rest of the frequency, depending on the recording. On recordings with CORRECT eq'ing it sounds great.

I can see how the mids and up should be the same in both due to same driver setups, but when I start hearing the cabintry and corner positioning contribute to a better enviorment for those drivers creating a more coherent musical experience, I say, interesting, very interesting.

Tom

Dean, if this could possibly be your last purchase go with the new Klipschhorns so that you never have to look back. Settling for something else would only keep you guessing again. New cherry floors, remodeled room begs for WAf new Khorns.

I caution you only on the fact that new ones would not get you your money back if you tried to sell them.