Guest Anonymous

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 12/18/2003 12:01:40 AM garymd wrote:

Thanks Smilin and everyone else who responded.

If there's anyone I was supposed to email or call or whatever, I'll try and get back to you as soon as I can. I've been running back and forth between the hospital, work and home without much rest.

Hope everyone is ready for the holidays. Happy Hannakah and/or Christmas. We'll be lighting the candles in the hospital this weekend, God willing and if the staff lets us.

I'll be talking to you soon Smilin.
----------------

Gary,

I get the FEELING your grandparents are gonna be alright, at least for the holidays, chearish every moment. Great times are ahead of you.16.gif BTW I have been talking to Mark, the seller of the zebras, do you want them? Also if I decide to take the plunge on the mac's would you help to guide me thru everything? Thanking you in advance. Call me or email me2.gif

Smilin with friends6.gif

It takes time to find this information, that is why Trey has suggested, in a past post, it is not something easy to find, do to the shipping information being in a locked room with very limited access.

12R244 was shipped from the Hope factory on 4-25-77 to Acoustic Ultimate and was walnut oil. 243 was it's mate.

12R245 was shipped on 4-25-77 to Matthews TV & Stereo and was birch raw, 246 was it's mate.

The letter could not have been a "F" because the s/n numbers could not be 12F244, the s/n numbers are unique.

They could only have been 12R244 & 45.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 12/19/2003 8:24:56 AM Steve P wrote:

It takes time to find this information, that is why Trey has suggested, in a past post, it is not something easy to find, do to the shipping information being in a locked room with very limited access.

12R244 was shipped from the Hope factory on 4-25-77 to Acoustic Ultimate and was walnut oil. 243 was it's mate.

12R245 was shipped on 4-25-77 to Matthews TV & Stereo and was birch raw, 246 was it's mate.

The letter could not have been a "F" because the s/n numbers could not be 12F244, the s/n numbers are unique.

They could only have been 12R244 & 45.

----------------

Steve P, and Trey,

Thank You thank you

Now I have decisive proof that theownerof Treadway auction house, DON, is a FOS bastard, and has the ethics of a Thief. At least I do not feel bad in any way sticking the 60's vintage now 77 up his proverbial poop shoot. All you guys here on the Klipsch forum should Appreciate Klipsch for providing all the superb EXTRA service to thier Vintage Heritage fans. Have a happy health Wealthy holiday and NEW YEAR to Klipsch and thier Top Notch Team

6.gif3.gif9.gif These guys have researched the serial # on the cornwalls for over a week now, how can you beet that.

Thanks Klipsch, I'm sold for Life

Steve smilin with Klipsch3.gif

It's too cool to have this kind of support from Klipsch for the forum members!

Now Smilin... a diplomat can tell someone to go to HeII in such a way,

that they are looking forward to the trip!!!9.gif

congrats on getting this thing sorted out. Hope things have gone well to get straight with the seller.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Ebay seems to be sucking more than usual today! I was reading about the corns and la scalas being pulled minutes before the close of the auction today8.gif and I feel bad for you guy's. Today I tried to go on ebay and bid on a few items, when I looked at my page it showed no items in any catagory except the purchase of the BS dated corns from the treadway auction14.gif I could not believe after emailing the info to ebay they would start an investigation and issue me a Non-Paying bidder warning and warnning ME that they might suspend me! The fools and the gaul of these a-holes. May they stick the 1960 circa 1977 corns up there where the sun or moon don't shine3.gif

This should be an interesting waste of time and energy to get it resolved!!!!

Ebay should really rethink their policy and procedures better, dontcha think11.gif

Thanks,just wanted to get your feelings and help

steve smilin9.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/9/2004 4:00:21 PM Piranha wrote:

Audiogon Steve!
----------------

Yeah, no sheet, another class in itself, huh11.gif They just do not have the steady diet of stuff though, oh well I do know you are right13.gif

Steve,

Treadway attempted to commit a fraud, and the value of the transaction would place it as a federal felony. Although not directly responsible, EBay did provide consent to use interstate communications as a means to conduct the fraudulent auction, therefore incurring partial responsibility. If they choose to pursue or discipline you in ANY fashion, they become an active participant and are subject to direct judicial review, ie direct participation in committing a fraudulent transaction. Tell them this in your normal sweet conversation, and they will *run* from any action9.gif9.gif9.gif Tell them to pluck themselves if sense does wake up...

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/9/2004 5:27:32 PM sheltie dave wrote:

Steve,

Treadway attempted to commit a fraud, and the value of the transaction would place it as a federal felony. Although not directly responsible, EBay did provide consent to use interstate communications as a means to conduct the fraudulent auction, therefore incurring partial responsibility. If they choose to pursue or discipline you in ANY fashion, they become an active participant and are subject to direct judicial review, ie direct participation in committing a fraudulent transaction. Tell them this in your normal sweet conversation, and they will *run* from any action
9.gif9.gif9.gif
Tell them to pluck themselves if sense does wake up...
----------------

Dave,

thanks for the input, when it gets that far I will definatly use the suggestion, I get so friggin mad when I think about it. But in reality, I guess it's really a Joke, and it should not bother me, BUT it DOES11.gif

You the man-thanks

Smilin10.gif

I just want them to GO AWAY!

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/9/2004 5:58:35 PM 3dzapper wrote:

"May they stick the 1960 circa 1977 corns up there where the sun or moon don't shine"

Corn holes!!!!!!
6.gif11.gif

Rick
----------------

Rick,

Bless you bless you bless you, and would you believe I leave my office for 45 minutes and when I get back I have a message from this ******* owner of treadway gallery's, what a jerk, I will wait for him to call me again, cause I don't want to waste the long distance call on this crap!

Smilin2.gif

What about all of us starting a petition to boycott EVERY auction they hold and take a grass roots approach by email all the bidders inviting them to this thread? Perhaps a mention of this backed up by an email form all of us will get the point across??? There's strength in numbers.. and it won't cost anything but a little time.....10.gif

• 2 weeks later...

----------------

On 12/15/2003 12:20:34 PM smilin wrote:

Sometimes I just get SSSOOOO pissed off!!!!, On December 7th I won a pair of "1960" vintage cornwall speakers from the treadway gallery live auction on ebay, I wanted to collect this early speaker even if it did not sopund as good as the 62's and later(according to Trey Cannon) when I called before paying for the speakers(850 plus 22% premium)I asked for the serial #'so I could give them to my insurance co.(they were to busy before the auction, but verbally guaranteed 1960) and they give me the serial # 12R244, I look at my S/N list and see 1977! Well I was real pissed OFF If ya know what I mean
7.gif
And very depressed
14.gif
Cause I was so exited about WINNING them. At that point I was not sure what to do, cause I have perfect feedback on ebay. I emailed them a note that they misrepresented the speakers and that actually the speakers were made in 1977, and I offered 500 for them. A couple of days later I recieved a Fax from THE Owner of the gallery named DON(fool)who told me taht in fact He bought them himself in 1967, and he bought them from the factory in Hope Ark. He went on to explain that he IN FACT knows that they are from 1967 or befor and when I told him I had talked to Trey Cannon from the forum he tells me I am wrong, Klipsch is wrong, He dont care about the serial#'s cause he remembers from his collge dayz exactly when he bought the cornwalls! What unmitigated audacity
7.gif
What does he take us for, FOOLS?

I personnaly don't believe a word he is saying

aWhatcha guysa think?

What should I do?

Smilin an wanting early cornwalls
2.gif3.gif9.gif
----------------

Is he still hounding you?

Hi Smilin.....I my self was burned by a mis-represented item on ebay. The item was a pair of 1968 Cornwalls. I paid $1200 for the speakers, and had to spend an additional almost $400 to get working. When I received the speakers and opened them up, I found a missing a woofer and a fried crossover. The seller's ebay log-in is listenerexchange, (Andy Griffin) beware of this seller.

When I called the ******** to find out what the story was... all I got was a story, a BS story............. Anyway, months later, the matter is still unresolved. I've been dealing with SquareTrade to resolve the matter, but they suck. SquareTrade is pretty much worthless, unless you want to have false or untrue negative feedback removed. All SquareTrade wants to do is collect $20.00 to remove feedback. They can do nothing else.

Against the recommendations of a couple of fed. law enforcement buddies of mine, I personally will deal with dichead when the time comes. It won't be long before I have to make a trip to his neck of the woods. And I'll pay ******** a visit and sort it out my way.