OMG, is this thing NIB? Scott 130- pre

Tom Mobley

WOW, lots of nice gear but that seller is a cheeseball! He's taking the cages off the amps and selling them seperately. What a greedy a$$. This is just one instance. There's many more!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50593&item=3065843296

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50593&item=3065844840

I hope he has a fully staffed shipping dept! All his auctions end about the same time. Packing and shipping 300 items is a lot of work!

6.gif

Steve, that's like a free-for-all, AFAIC. It's completely out of my price range. WHat I would do if I were you is go to www.auctionsniper.com sign up, set up for that auction. take a deep breath, decide what you're willing to pay to have that as your very own, put in a bid for that amount. set it to snipe at 3-4 seconds left. Good luck, I've got a feeling that auction is going to be very busy in the last few seconds.

Tom

Tom

thanx, I got the same advice from Craig. I've never used the sniper method, though I've bought and sold on eBay numerous times.

Craig gave me some $$ figures this thing might go for, and he had some good advice to go along with it. I'm looking for a vintage tube preamp to go with my Assemblage 300B, as most modern day tube pres don't have tone controls. Either I like them too much or my music room needs them..I haven't decided which. At any rate, I don't want to overspend, but again, I'd like to get it over with!! Does that make sense?

Again, thanx for the advice..I'm sure I will be holding my breath, or stop breathing altogether after I see what this thing sells for!!

Steve

----------------

On 12/16/2003 8:53:43 AM BigBusa wrote:

WOW, lots of nice gear but that seller is a cheeseball! He's taking the cages off the amps and selling them seperately. What a greedy a$$. This is just one instance. There's many more!

I hope he has a fully staffed shipping dept! All his auctions end about the same time. Packing and shipping 300 items is a lot of work!

6.gif

----------------

Im surprised he hasnt taken the grills of the speakers and selling them separately!

That wasn't Mint, that was Minty!

Minty is even more valuable, because it means that for all these years of use it had one of those mint flavored car freshener thingies hanging from one of the knobs, and now that minty fragrence has permeated the wax in the capacitors importing a minty quality to the sound....very cool and minty. This is a well known audiophile phenomenon and I suggest you start hanging one of those fragrance things from your knobs now because it take years to have the effect, Pine is nice too. I have seen other Minty items on eBay go for big bucks. Do not confuse Minty with Mint condition . A similar effect can be obtained by dropping a Junior Mint into the works.

CbS

If I were that buyer's insurance agent, I'd be looking long and hard at market- appraised rather than transaction-established market value for insuring these bad boys. Collectible is one thing, gonzo value is yet another. Neither item meets gonzo. How the heck did this fool and his money meet each other in the first place?