klipsch classifieds

t-man

My $.02 worth...

I too think this would be an excellent idea. My Heresy's have been longing for some company of the Heritage variety. You know, like Aunt Belle and cousin Cornwall. Smile.gif

And while I can understand the nervousness with regards to legal questions, I can't help but wonder how an on-line "For Sale" section of this BB would be any different than a printed version in a newsletter or newspaper. So quitcher stalling legal dept. Smile.gif

Thanks Klipsch for supporting an excellent suggestion.

Tom Adams

Fantastic idea!! Really i think it's a great idea seeing that I love to buy, sell and trade audio equipment online. COUNT ME IN!!

Horned: since were on the subject, I just want to let you know seeing that we live 2 hours from each other. If you ever decide to sell a pair of those KLF 30's keep me in mind. (hehe)

Monty

Actually, Monty, some of my key purchases have been made by driving up to your area (Davis) after scoring a web contact. I have family ties to Auburn and (further up the North Fork of the American River)Foresthill. I also participate in the annual medieval festival now held in Vacaville.

It looks like I have just acquired a pair of Cornwalls (thanks to Dougdrake's alert) but they will likely wind up as a part a music-oriented system. At least I come by the "HornEd" alias honestly!

If I run across any more good KLF 30 deals in your area, I will let you know...

I sure have enjoyed trading with other Klipsch enthusiasts... more fun than the local Good "Guise" and their Bose bozos. cwm27.gif HornEd

I like the alerts that notify me of good deals at other sites,

lately the growth of the Net seems to be more useless than useful, a Trading Post feature would keep the Klipsch forum my first site to surf

I may be selling my beloved Cornwall I's (CWO) shortly ... stay tuned!

I also have a Heresy (HWO) available for possible center channel use ...

------------------

Denon AVR-4800

McIntosh MC-2105 (Fronts)

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Klipsch Cornwall I's (LF/RF)

Belle Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Any update on how the legal department is doing on this???

A simple disclaimer like all other "for sale" or classified sites is all that is needed to take Klipsch itself out of the deal.

------------------

Home Theater System:

Klipsch Quartets - mains for both systems

Klipsch KV3 - center

Klipsch KG.5's - rear surrounds

Klipsch KSW12 subwoofer

Denon AVR-1601

Music System:

Adcom GFA-555 Musical Concepts Modified

NAD 1600 Pre/Tuner

Sony C-67ES CD Player

I purchased a K33V from Audio Classics. I paid $110 plus $14 shipping. I'd be happy to sell it for $110 o.b.o. You pay shipping but I'm glad to carry it over to UPS.

I have never installed it and it doesn't figure in my future plans. Now maybe some one out there would like to build a center channel for their Heritage.

Please e-mail me. It needs a good home.

A trading post is a great idea. However, dealers would have to be excluded. We could be decended upon by strangers dumping goods which went through unknown channels. It could get ugly. On the other hand, amateur magazines have long had trading posts for individuals and I don't see too many gripes.

Also, may thanks to the good Klipsch people for providing the forum for so many questions, issues, and general discussion. We've been good citizens and no one from above has stepped on us. The system works.

Regards,

Gil

Mr.Blorry, nope,no Heresy's.I have got a pair of superb

KG5.5's,a new KLF-C7,a KSF-C5 center,a pair of new KT-DS THX surrounds,a pair of DCM Timeframe 400's,a DCM center,a KV-2,and I don't remember what else.All are black.

Keith

I think it's a great idea, and I'm truly impressed by Klipsch allowing this, considering your not buying from them, but 2nd hand from someone else. Try that with any other company and they'd probably boot you off their site.

I to have posted several Heritage series I have found while cruising the newsgroups and was abit worried about after feedback.

You guys at Klipsch are truly class BobG Cool.gif

for anyone who uses the newsgroups try rec.audio.marketplace I've seen quite a few Klipsch pieces there.

The Klipsch Classifieds - What a great idea!!!!!

WANTED ---- Looking for an Academy, KV-3 or maybe KV-4 to match with my Quartets. Walnut Oil would definately be a plus.

I just found this forum a couple of weeks ago and find myself coming back all the time. Yall seem like a bunch of great, knowledgeable folks. Very limited sarcastic remarks and those are usually just in good fun. Guess its because most of yall are passionate about your audio and are willing to help us less knowlegeable ones out. I have learned lots in my many visits over the past couple of weeks.

Just wanted to thank yall.

Scott

------------------

Front - Quartets (Walnut oil)

Center - KG1.2v (Walnut oil)

Rear - Optimus (haha)

Receiver - Marantz SR-680 (upgraded from Denon AVR-810)

CD - Denon DCM-320

Tape - Denon DRW-850 (soon to be back in the box)

MD - Sony MDS-JE330

DVD - coming soon

Sharp 27"

There is a KV4 on ebay right now with a "buy it now" of $270, and that is damn cheap for that speaker.

http://cgi.ebay.aol.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1249920869

Good Luck!

------------------

Home Theater System:

Klipsch Quartets - mains for both systems

Klipsch KV3 - center

Klipsch KG.5's - rear surrounds

Klipsch KSW12 subwoofer

Denon AVR-1601

JVC 36D201 36" TV

JVC HR-S3600 SVHS Player

JVC XV-M565BK DVD Player

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 Digital Cable box

Music System:

Adcom GFA-555 Musical Concepts Modified

NAD 1600 Pre/Tuner

Sony C-67ES CD Player

Playstation 2

Monster Power HTS-2000

MIT Speaker Cable

RS Gold Interconnects

Monster S-Video and Component Cables

Scott, the KV-4 was the "matching" center meant for the Epic series.

I think you would be better off holding out for an Academy, KV-3, or KLF-C7.

Take care and good luck!

Mike

Oh ya...whats up with those rear speakers Scott?! Smile.gif

This message has been edited by Mikekid on 06-27-2001 at 03:58 PM

Yeah, Optimus. I was embarrassed to have mentioned them. I have them because of their small size and have a great mount.(swivel mounted from the ceiling). I have a really odd shaped room - 12' x 35' with a 2' offset. One of these days I am gonna post a picture/sketch of the room for some suggestions of better placement. Also, with my old receiver (Dennon AVR-810) only had pro logic 3.1 hardly anything came from them. Originally had Pinacles.

I am open to suggestions for replacements.

Scott

------------------

Front - Quartets (Walnut oil)

Center - KG1.2v (Walnut oil)

Rear - Optimus (haha)

Receiver - Marantz SR-680 (upgraded from Denon AVR-810)

CD - Denon DCM-320

Tape - Denon DRW-850 (soon to be back in the box)

MD - Sony MDS-JE330

DVD - coming soon

Sharp 27"

In all fairness to Scott, those Optimus speaks aren't "that bad". My brother has a pair of those dipoles which are their top of the line, and you can get them for around $70 on sale. They sound pretty decent, and work well for Pro-logic applications which require a dipole, for the budget minded. In fact, he uses them with his Kef speakers and Paradigm sub, running of the Marantz receiver. He know's what he's doing... I can't convince him to convert to Klipsch, though. Maybe he's an idiot after-all.cwm30.gif

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

Well now, if Scott could get his hands on a pair of old KG1.5's, or KG2.5's (they are pre-drilled for omnimount brackets) he would see the light! Reach deep into your pockets...(Do I sound like an evangelist or what??) Smile.gif

Take care

Mike