a pair of klipschorns walnut for sale

jazzmansound

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no room for Klipsch Horns no way no how or trust me I would be wheeling and dealing for sure well maybe. I would never part with my Lascalas just like I still have my Heresy's there all very good speakers in there own way. In fact the Khorn is not top on my list. I want VOT's actually. I'd rather have a speaker with a versatile placement its just the way I am.

Craig

I've heard them with great tube gear and they are just awesome. Incredible speakers. They do need good tube gear just like your khorns Don. I'm not talking about the little Santiagos I have either. I'm talking the big mamas. I've heard a number of different models too.

Wardsweb, can you give me any history of the oriental dolls that you have in the glass cases? My wife has had some of them for years and some detail would possibly impress her and make her think that time spent on this site is actually worthwhile! 1.gif Thanks.

Keith

I'm in the VOTT camp as well. IMHO, a properly setup Heritage, when compared to a properly setup VOTT, will be out classed everytime. The VOTT is far superior. At least as far as my ears are concerned. A K33 is not even in the same league as a 515B. This is without a doubt one of the best woofers ever made. Nor can a K55 and K400 compete when compared to a 290, 288, 802, 806 or 902 attached to a 311, 805 or 511. The midrange, once again, is FAR superior. Furthermore, if a tweeter is required, a JBL 2404 is much better than a K77 as well. When using these components in a ATLEC A7 or JBL 4560, properly damped and braced along with a high quality passive or active crossover and quality tube gear upstream, they are absolutely AMAZING!!!! By far one of the best speakers I have ever heard. No matter what the cost. As a result, I can never go back to Klipsch. Even though I still love my Heritage!! Anyone who would say otherwise just hasn't heard a VOTT that has been tweaked to the enviornment in which it resides.

Johnellis,

I have to agree with you about the top end improvement, and also say that the 290/311 is the best combination from the drivers and horns that you mentioned. Myself and at least one other forum member here also agree with you about the far superior JBL 2404H tweeter.

I have to disagree about about the 515B in a Vott cabinet. A K33E in a Klipschorn bass horn wins hands down.

I find that if you marry the three different manufactures mentioned above with a custom network that this combination is about as good as it gets.

----------------

On 12/21/2003 11:11:21 PM johnellis wrote:

I'm in the VOTT camp as well. IMHO, a properly setup Heritage, when compared to a properly setup VOTT, will be out classed everytime. The VOTT is far superior. At least as far as my ears are concerned. A K33 is not even in the same league as a 515B. This is without a doubt one of the best woofers ever made. Nor can a K55 and K400 compete when compared to a 290, 288, 802, 806 or 902 attached to a 311, 805 or 511. The midrange, once again, is FAR superior. Furthermore, if a tweeter is required, a JBL 2404 is much better than a K77 as well. When using these components in a ATLEC A7 or JBL 4560, properly damped and braced along with a high quality passive or active crossover and quality tube gear upstream, they are absolutely AMAZING!!!! By far one of the best speakers I have ever heard. No matter what the cost. As a result, I can never go back to Klipsch. Even though I still love my Heritage!! Anyone who would say otherwise just hasn't heard a VOTT that has been tweaked to the enviornment in which it resides.

----------------

Wow - that is one of the more interesting posts on VOTT vs. Klipsch I have ever read. I am quite different here in that I too have heard most of the systems mentioned above and couldn't trounce either manufacturer. It is hard for me to hear the differences in the same way. I would love to mix and match the strengths of each sound to get what would match my ear well. The mids in the VOTT and the rest of the Khorns is a great place to start, but to each their own....

----------------

On 12/21/2003 9:45:45 PM Wardsweb wrote:

Sorry guys, I know this is a Klipsch site, but I've went with VOTT too.

"<a
http://www.wardsweb.org/audio/altec_images/new_livingroomthm.jpg" width="400" height="300">

----------------

Oh Baby - that is an absolutely gorgeous looking wall. Green with envy here...