Where is Kelly?

neo33

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure it does. You've had extensive correspondance with him via email, and if you wanted to know where he was -- you could have easily emailed him. Why ask us? At any rate, I was just playing around.

Seen these yet? They are supposed to sound very good, and have several things you might find desirable. At one time, I would have bought these myself.

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?ampstube&1078288227&class&3&4&

standard.jpg

Gawdamn that's one heinous amplifier...I'm sorry, I'm sure it sounds just wonderful, and from what I've read it has super reviews. But it looks as if some schmuck just knocked the damn thing over on its side and was too lazy to pick it back up! Just my opinion, natch...but it's plum ugly nonetheless.

----------------

On 1/3/2004 12:25:48 AM jt1stcav wrote:

Gawdamn that's one heinous amplifier...I'm sorry, I'm sure it sounds just wonderful, and from what I've read it has super reviews. But it looks as if some schmuck just knocked the damn thing over on its side and was too lazy to pick it back up! Just my opinion, natch...but it's plum ugly nonetheless.

----------------

Yes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I think the Garber FI-X and FI-Y are both good looking pieces of industrial design. Their design is an excercise in form following function. The X and Y formations allow short signal paths. The FI-Y preamplifier is a very coveted piece by many, and one reason you seldom see any available for sale used. I can only remember seeing one listed on Audiogon in the last two years, and it did not last a day. I know someone who owns a FI-Y and is not about to give it up. Don Garber makes outstanding equipment, but is better known in the New York City area where he lives.

Klipsch out.

Good point Mark I have never looked at that amp from that perspective. It would be a real pain to have to work on ! I have absolutely no clue what the guy was thinking when he designed it. What mind state would of brought on such a layout ?

Craig

----------------

On 1/3/2004 9:13:35 AM NOSValves wrote:

Good point Mark I have never looked at that amp from that perspective. It would be a real pain to have to work on ! I have absolutely no clue what the guy was thinking when he designed it. What mind state would of brought on such a layout ?

Craig
----------------

He was thinking: short signal path.

I thought the shape of that Fi X amp look quite interesting since you can never tell whether someone has knocked it over or not. Actually Dean, I was looking for the Fi XY monoblocks version. They would make a nice piece of art aside from being amps.

PS. Where is Hepta Bronte? He seems to disapear from here after Christmas.