The difference between Liberals, Conservatives, and Southerners...

Deang

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yea and the last 3 years we have been paying for Clintons great times !! The Bush policies are just now fixing what Clinton screwed up. Old Clinton enjoyed the prosperous economy setup for him by Bush one. The effects of a president are generally never felt fully until they leave office !!

Craig

Geez mdeneen, I don't think anybody that's posted here disrespects librarians or teachers or plumbers or any other worker. But the fact is, people have choices. Some plumbers make a great deal of money and some don't. They each make the choice of how hard and how smart they work. Some teachers take the summer off. Some teachers pursue further education. Some have 2nd jobs and others volunteer their time to help others. They have a choice. It's freedom. TBrennen is a union guy that has been successful. I personally know a couple exec guys that are hurting. A lot of people got greedy during the 90s stock market run. A lot of people made bad decisions. A lot of people sat on their hind ends and felt sorry for themselves. I'm sorry but I don't look down on anybody that gives it a try. I don't despise Bill Gates for what he's accomplished either. He's created a few jobs ya know. He's created a pretty good tax base ya know and he donates a good bit of money. Does he need all the money he has? No! Should he give it away? How much? To who? Geez, the hatred and jealously is killing me!

Well enough wrangling. I'm gonna celebrate my birthday tonight with my pals up at the Harlem Ave. Lounge at Harlem and Ogden. It's Blues jam night and maybe I'll sit in and play a little drums or bass.

Come on and I'll buy you a drink, just look for the big guys that are laughin' and rollickin'.

Thanks Boomac. Just concentrate on the beat; the relationship between the snare and bass drums, then work in the high-hat. Forget for now all about the toms and playing fills and cymbal crashes, other musicians just ignore that stuff anyway. Work the beat, the beat, the beat.

----------------

On 1/8/2004 5:43:03 PM NOSValves wrote:

Yea and the last 3 years we have been paying for Clintons great times !! The Bush policies are just now fixing what Clinton screwed up. Old Clinton enjoyed the prosperous economy setup for him by Bush one. The effects of a president are generally never felt fully until they leave office !!

Craig

----------------

That means Jimmy Carter was responsible for it being "morning in America" back in 1984 and that also means Gerald Ford was responsible for runaway inflation and the Iran crisis back in the late 70's. I KNEW IT!!!

Okay lets take every thing literally here. Give me a break ! So where are these homeless poor teachers or police officers living in poverty please show me ? I have done many home improvment jobs for police officers and teachers none of them looked or lived poor to me. In fact every single one of them lived at a much higher standard then me or most of my friends ! I did one job for a everyday ordinary patrol officer 2 years ago she spent $60k in one summer remodleling her home in the nice town just outside of the bankrupt city of Flint where she happened to work. Sure didn't seem to be poor to me ! Teacher maybe should get paid more but heck whats wrong with working 9 months a year ? They choose to do this because they love there work. Who forces cops to be cops?

Classic left wing arguements here ! If you can't make sense of it skew what someone says or the facts to fit your beliefs !

God of love you Mark until it comes to politics !

Craig

----------------

On 1/8/2004 6:52:52 PM fini wrote:

Allan,

Geeze, don't get me started on Carter! What's he thinkin', pounding nails to build houses for the poor?----------------

How many nails have any of you guys nailed into poor peoples homes ? Please answer what any of you have done for the poor in your life times I'm real curious. This is a serious question. Oh and getting paid in anyway to do it does not count.... Umm tax break item should not count either ! I'm talking totally unselfish help ?

Craig

PS you won't here me talk bad about Jimmy Carter I thought he was a great, honest and caring President. The Clintons are scum bags !

I have PERSONALLY worked on over a DOZEN Habitat For Humanuty projects over the last dozen years (even if the overtly Christian overtones tend to creep me out a little bit) and I give them money every year. I have done landscaping, taped and mudded sheetrock, installed plumbing fixtures, installed flooring, etc. I have also written more than a few reference letters for people I have found deserving. One deserving and VERY lucky woman I know now owns her own home in North Long Beach because of Habitat for Humanity. It's a REAL charity!

----------------

On 1/8/2004 1:33:45 PM NOSValves wrote:

Mark,

I'm a cold hearted blue collar semi republican conservative (talk about a weird mix). I believe that anyone can go out and make a reasonable living in this country if they have the balls and gumption. Why do I say this !! Because I have done it now in 2 careers with nothing more then determination and willingness to work and learn. The problems with this country are mostly the people becoming lazy and wanting everything handed to them on a silver platter. Why else do people from all nationalities come to this country and flourish? Its simple hard work and determination.

The average income in this country has fallen because of the publics laziness ! No other reason that I can see at least from my vantage point.

Craig

----------------

I will have to agree with Craig on this one, to a point. I was born and raised in Nor Cal. The city where I lived enjoyed 15% unemployment and 45% welfare. My dad was a gas station mechanic and my mom worked as a casher for Woolworths for 43 years so I was not exactly born with a silver spoon etc., etc.

It seamed that I was drafted 4.49000 seconds after I dropped out of high school and was lucky enough to get a free vacation in a far away place. I reenlisted for a second tour because all there was to come back to was blight, joblessness and . Hell that was it.

After my second tour I came home and was still not old enough to purchase a handgun in California (two years carrying a real Assault Weapon as a grunt and I was not mature enough to buy a pistol?).

Anyway, I spent the last year in Berlin where I received my GED and started some college courses. When I returned to the States I worked any menial daytime job that would allow me to go to school during the day and I was a security guard at night. Believe me, the GI bill only helps, it does not pay the way. After four years and a degree later I still took menial jobs just for the business experience. Now, I dont worry about my sons education, my retirement, or if I can afford new toys occasionally (Klipsch comes to mind) but it took hard work and determination. Would I have received a degree without the GI bill, in a word, yes!

But it was not a handout and I dont think that I am any better/different than anyone else.

People are as a whole lazy but I find it hard to believe that anyone cannot succeed in this life with just a little hard work.

----------------

On 1/8/2004 7:02:54 PM minn_male42 wrote:

hey what happened to all the talk about guns?????

----------------

Of all of the firearms I own, my favorites are (by category):

Concealed: Walther PPKS

Pistol Target: 1911A1 (heavily modified)

Pistol Hunting: Custom Contender 7X30 Waters

Rifle Target: M1

Rifle Hunting: Weatherby in 300 Weatherby Magnum

*****: Browning O/U *****/***** Choke

Upland Game: AH Fox 20 ga side by side

"I have PERSONALLY................ Habitat for Humanity. It's a REAL charity!"

Allen,

My hat is off to you! It's a great charity.

When I was in business, because of the number of solitation calls, I limited myself to two charities. The Meeting Street School for disabled children (March of Dimes affiliate) and the Salvation Army for their work feeding and clothing the homeless. I used to enjoy putting hundred dollar bills in the kettles. I will again when we get our finances straightened out.

Rick