Where's Smilin? MIA in Mexico?

Piranha

Guest Anonymous

]

Smilin,

Next week I'll be hooken you up with someone who may help you make some extra ducketts for more gear purchases.3.gif Everyone's been in NY this week with the rating agencies trying to get ours up. Things should settle down and we can do business (I hope). I think Chi-town would be a great city for us to invade.6.gif I'll give you a call Monday.

I wish I could come up the 25th. Way too much going on with the GPs. I'm dealing with the POA issue so I got medicaid papers to go through, etc. I also have to pluck some of their CDs out a little early to pay bills. Luckily I convinced them to put all their money in my bank so I can avoid the early withdrawal penalties. PITA. Hate owing favors.

Have fun. I'd love to meet all you guys in person. Some day.1.gif

----------------

Gary,

Sorry your going thru all the sh** but, you are a GOOD man, father, grandson, and friend. You seem to be handling it well, I look forward to seeing you too3.gif and having a chance to put some FUN times in your life. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know, you have all my #'s. I look forward to putting something together next week and combining friendship with $$$$$ it is never a bad thing10.gif. Best wishes on all your craziness!

Smilin 16.gif

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 1/9/2004 3:27:00 PM smilin wrote:

----------------

On 1/9/2004 3:23:07 PM NOSValves wrote:

Spend some $$$$ ????
9.gif"
----------------

Ya man,

On New toys, not old one's like You have
2.gif
your work is already passe
6.gif
and Iforgot how much I

may owe U
3.gif
Hey did ya hook the 272 to the corn's yet? Ya need money today?
9.gif

Call me and then go to your cash station buddy.

Smilin
13.gif

----------------

Craig, did you happen try out the 272 on the verts??

----------------

On 1/10/2004 12:56:31 AM NOSValves wrote:

Not yet but I will its cooking in my Livingroom system as I type !! I can't wait to have time to do mine I've had the darn thing for 6 months and haven't rebuilt it yet so its not being run.

Craig
----------------

How's the volume level and sound compared to a 299D? Night and day? Is it really that close to the Mark III's as I believe Smilin said in an earleir post?

Its not a issue with volume maybe old Steve misunderstands me. In volume it has slightly more headroom but geez how loud do you need to get ?? The amp you have makes about 32 watts or so and the 272 makes about 38 watts on my scope the 6 watts isn't going to do all that much to overall volume. Its the mid range and upper volume clarity that will shine through ! Also the difference in output tubes and dual rectified power supply is huge. I would take a EL34 over a 7591 any day of the week in my book. The EL34 is the midrange king of the hill. The dual rectified PS give the amp headroom to make that 38 watts clean !

The Mark III's I'm comparing the 272 to are wired in Triode output and put out 30 watts but its 30 glorious watts. You both need to give up this SLP quest here !! Its not quanity its quality ! I rarely listen to music over maybe mid 90Db peaks but at time the 11.gif comes out and yes I crank it way up 30 very clean watts does this just fine !

Craig

----------------

On 1/10/2004 1:21:36 AM NOSValves wrote:

Its not a issue with volume maybe old Steve misunderstands me. In volume it has slightly more headroom but geez how loud do you need to get ?? The amp you have makes about 32 watts or so and the 272 makes about 38 watts on my scope the 6 watts isn't going to do all that much to overall volume. Its the mid range and upper volume clarity that will shine through ! Also the difference in output tubes and dual rectified power supply is huge. I would take a EL34 over a 7591 any day of the week in my book. The EL34 is the midrange king of the hill. The dual rectified PS give the amp headroom to make that 38 watts clean !

The Mark III's I'm comparing the 272 to are wired in Triode output and put out 30 watts but its 30 glorious watts. You both need to give up this SLP quest here !! Its not quanity its quality ! I rarely listen to music over maybe mid 90Db peaks but at time the
11.gif
comes out and yes I crank it way up 30 very clean watts does this just fine !

Craig

----------------

Maybe it was I who misunderstood Steve's post? Darn, do I need to keep my Adcom and Sansui SS? I was hoping to sell them and buy more tube gear someday.

Hey, what can I say? I readily admit that I like to hear Rock and Roll extremely loud with thumping bass at when I have the luxury of being able to do so. Like this weekend. It's not too often that I get these opportunities anymore. 9.gif

Oh, and I have yet to hook my 299D to my CW's. They are in the garage waiting for me to sand and refinish them when I have some energy. I have only listened to it on the Heresy's. Maybe tomorrow I will lug the amp out to the garage and hook up the CW's and give them a listen.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

The Mark III's I'm comparing the 272 to are wired in Triode output and put out 30 watts but its 30 glorious watts. You both need to give up this SLP quest here !! Its not quanity its quality ! I rarely listen to music over maybe mid 90Db peaks but at time the
11.gif

Craig

----------------

Craig, you are such a *****cat, how can you say you love rock and roll and ONLY listen at 90db, gotta have 110 minimum. Just ask Piranhaman, he knows what I speak of. We also need to have big balls bass, but I guess a sub with 2500 watts will take care of that

11.gif I hope your ears don't bleed saturday night!!!before all the guys get to you you could be deaf2.gif3.gif I guess I will have my work cut out for me just to make you beg me to turn the volume down13.gif *****cat!!!6.gif

WTF hook up the verts with the 272 vs mark III's so we can have some peace of mind, than take 24 hours and build your own damn 272 heh heh heh11.gif 110Db rocks, thats what we need, ya know16.gif

*****out10.gif

Guest Anonymous

Maybe it was I who misunderstood Steve's post? Darn, do I need to keep my Adcom and Sansui SS? I was hoping to sell them and buy more tube gear someday.

Hey, what can I say? I readily admit that I like to hear Rock and Roll extremely loud with thumping bass at when I have the luxury of being able to do so. Like this weekend. It's not too often that I get these opportunities anymore. "<ahttp://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif">

--------------

Piranhaman,

Make sure to have craig give your mark III's the full 60 plus watts he was telling me about, than your's will be King, and I would need to check em out, than maybe I will learn what mono is

2.gif Cause I thought mono was a desease from partying to much6.gif

Smilin3.gif

----------------

On 1/10/2004 1:45:03 AM smilin wrote:

----------------

11.gif

Craig

----------------

Craig, you are such a *****cat, how can you say you love rock and roll and ONLY listen at 90db, gotta have 110 minimum. Just ask Piranhaman, he knows what I speak of. We also need to have big balls bass, but I guess a sub with 2500 watts will take care of that

11.gif
I hope your ears don't bleed saturday night!!!before all the guys get to you you could be deaf
2.gif3.gif
I guess I will have my work cut out for me just to make you beg me to turn the volume down
13.gif
*****cat!!!
6.gif

WTF hook up the verts with the 272 vs mark III's so we can have some peace of mind, than take 24 hours and build your own damn 272 heh heh heh
11.gif
110Db rocks, thats what we need, ya know
16.gif

*****out
10.gif

----------------

LMFAO Smilin. You're hilarious.

What do you think? Maybe I should get a B-4 myself so I can blow my plumbing apart like you did?

Didn't "The Who" regularly play in concert at like 104db? I thought I read that in Guiness Book anyways. Man, I wish I still had a few brain cells left.

Have a nice weekend all! 10.gif

----------------

On 1/10/2004 1:48:17 AM smilin wrote:

Hey, what can I say? I readily admit that I like to hear Rock and Roll extremely loud with thumping bass at when I have the luxury of being able to do so. Like this weekend. It's not too often that I get these opportunities anymore.
9.gif"

--------------

Piranhaman,

Make sure to have craig give your mark III's the full 60 plus watts he was telling me about, than your's will be King, and I would need to check em out, than maybe I will learn what mono is

2.gif Cause I thought mono was a desease from partying to much6.gif

Smilin3.gif

----------------

Oh don't worry, he is. We already talked about it. I figure that I will have the 272 in the 38wpc range and the MK III's in the 60wpc configuration. I am rather excited about hearing those beasts on my CW's.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

LMFAO Smilin. You're hilarious.

What do you think? Maybe I should get a B-4 myself so I can blow my plumbing apart like you did?

Didn't "The Who" regularly play in concert at like 104db? I thought I read that in Guiness Book anyways. Man, I wish I still had a few brain cells left.

Have a nice weekend all! "<ahttp://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/10.gif">

----------------

2.gif3.gif6.gif Uh UH oh wha bain cels13.gif

Guest Anonymous

Oh don't worry, he is. We already talked about it. I figure that I will have the 272 in the 38wpc range and the MK III's in the 60wpc configuration. I am rather excited about hearing those beasts on my CW's.

----------------

C ya gettin smater al da tim2.gif way to go!!!6.gif lets blow our ears out11.gif yipee12.gif now ya need 300 watt mono's, yes tube of course with the Right iron

heh heh heh9.gif

----------------

On 1/10/2004 2:03:40 AM smilin wrote:

----------------

C ya gettin smater al da tim2.gif way to go!!!6.gif lets blow our ears out11.gif yipee12.gif now ya need 300 watt mono's, yes tube of course with the Right iron

heh heh heh9.gif

----------------

First I need to get a real job like you have before I can afford expensive toys like that. I have Rolls Royce taste with a Hyundai income.

I am trying to get a hall pass from the Mrs. to fly out to Chitown on the 25th. I see Spirit Air is offering $169 round trip out of LA. Of course I will have to leave at 6AM Saturday to get that price. What time is your shindig at anyways?

Guest Anonymous

First I need to get a real job like you have before I can afford expensive toys like that. I have Rolls Royce taste with a Hyundai income.

I am trying to get a hall pass from the Mrs. to fly out to Chitown on the 25th. I see Spirit Air is offering $169 round trip out of LA. Of course I will have to leave at 6AM Saturday to get that price. What time is your shindig at anyways?

----------------

The shindigs on the 25th, but if ya come sat, I put ya\ou up at my home! Craig is coming sat to put everything together. I should have at least 3 pair of cornwall here, 1-2 pair chorus, many amps including a mac 240 w/ c22 pre. and we will see what else gets delivered by than, alcahol, cubans, and we can put $$$ in the kitty for the dancers. If your here sat that is, that way only 3 of us heh heh heh cause I got my wife and daughter going to the inlaws

11.gif someones gotta do it6.gif

Smilin

you got my #'s if ya wanna call me too2.gif

BTW can I borrow some $$$$15.gif

----------------

On 1/10/2004 2:17:39 AM smilin wrote:

----------------

The shindigs on the 25th, but if ya come sat, I put yaou up at my home! Craig is coming sat to put everything together. I should have at least 3 pair of cornwall here, 1-2 pair chorus, many amps including a mac 240 w/ c22 pre. and we will see what else gets delivered by than, alcahol, cubans, and we can put $$$ in the kitty for the dancers. If your here sat that is, that way only 3 of us heh heh heh cause I got my wife and daughter going to the inlaws

11.gif someones gotta do it6.gif

Smilin

you got my #'s if ya wanna call me too2.gif

BTW can I borrow some $$$$15.gif

----------------

Thanks Steve, that's awfully hospitable of you.

Alchy, Cubans, and dancers?How can I go wrong? Now you're talking my language!

OK, so that's what you want to borrow some $$$$$ for? And to think I was thinking you wanted more audio gear. Silly me. Now I get it.

I am going to try and pull a rabbit out of my hat to make it. It's going to be touch and go. Especially if my better half gets on here and finds out what we're up to there. lol 11.gif

Guest Anonymous

Alchy, cCubans, and dancers? Now you're talking my language!

So that's what you want to borrow $$$$$ for? Now I get it.

I am going to try and pull a rabbit out of my hat to make it. It's going to be touch and go. Especially if my better half gets on here and finds out what we're up to there. lol

11.gif

----------------

2.gif2.gif3.gif If your wife is reading this, I smilin am just a harmless FOM typing all night long cause I gots nuthin better to do6.gif man oh man tom, stop worrying so much, we both have great wifes with a sence of humor11.gif Right?

cya16.gif

----------------

On 1/10/2004 2:37:23 AM smilin wrote:

Alchy, cCubans, and dancers? Now you're talking my language!

So that's what you want to borrow $$$$$ for? Now I get it.

I am going to try and pull a rabbit out of my hat to make it. It's going to be touch and go. Especially if my better half gets on here and finds out what we're up to there. lol
11.gif

----------------

2.gif2.gif3.gif If your wife is reading this, I smilin am just a harmless FOM typing all night long cause I gots nuthin better to do6.gif man oh man tom, stop worrying so much, we both have great wifes with a sence of humor11.gif Right?

cya16.gif

----------------

That's what I am thinking too Stevie! 2.gif My wife is great. Besides, I am who I am. She knows me too well.

And, what happens in Chitown stays in Chitown right? Just like Vegas brother! 11.gif

----------------

11.gif

Craig

----------------

Man,

I really don't get you here.

How can you detect a "standard" watt and "glorious" watt.

For mid 90 DB's of SPL's there's no need for a 30 watter more likely that a 3 watter will have enough reserve for 100+ DB peaks.

Guest Anonymous

I really don't get you here.

How can you detect a "standard" watt and "glorious" watt.

For mid 90 DB's of SPL's there's no need for a 30 watter more likely that a 3 watter will have enough reserve for 100+ DB peaks.

----------------

Guy,

I agree with with you on the issue of GLORIOUS watts, but are you shure 3 watts is enough for 100Db plus peaks?

Smilin