On 1/14/2004 2:23:01 AM Piranha wrote:

----------------

On 1/13/2004 6:15:51 PM risingjay wrote:

----------------

On 1/11/2004 1:24:46 PM smilin wrote:

Jay,

You better get some more digits
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif"> Cause I have a a pair of chorus for you to p/u to round out your HT on the cheap, let me know if ya want em
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/12.gif">

Smilin
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/11.gif">

----------------

If the Chorus's aren't sold by the 25th, that may be a possibility. I'll have to check again and see if there is room for them. BTW, what finish are they?
----------------
Smilin, I have never heard the Chorus's myself. So, how do they stack up against the CW's?

----------------

Piranha,

They are a bit more efficient 101 Db vs 98.5 Db for the corns, they have the same squaker and tweeter as the conwall II's and a 15" woofer but the woofer cuts off at a higher frequency, and is LOUDER than the corns. The sound is A1, they produced the chorus 1 to replace the cornwall even though Klipsch was making both for a few years together. I think they wanted a smaller footprint for the speaker(but I could be wrong)

Smilin

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 1/14/2004 12:49:08 PM smilin wrote:

----------------

On 1/14/2004 2:23:01 AM Piranha wrote:

----------------

On 1/13/2004 6:15:51 PM risingjay wrote:

----------------

On 1/11/2004 1:24:46 PM smilin wrote:

Jay,

You better get some more digits
2.gif"
Cause I have a a pair of chorus for you to p/u to round out your HT on the cheap, let me know if ya want em
12.gif"

Smilin
11.gif"

----------------

If the Chorus's aren't sold by the 25th, that may be a possibility. I'll have to check again and see if there is room for them. BTW, what finish are they?

----------------

Smilin, I have never heard the Chorus's myself. So, how do they stack up against the CW's?

----------------

Piranha,

They are a bit more efficient 101 Db vs 98.5 Db for the corns, they have the same squaker and tweeter as the conwall II's and a 15" woofer but the woofer cuts off at a higher frequency, and is LOUDER than the corns. The sound is A1, they produced the chorus 1 to replace the cornwall even though Klipsch was making both for a few years together. I think they wanted a smaller footprint for the speaker(but I could be wrong)

Smilin

----------------

Why not go with a Chorus HT then instead of CW's?

Guest Anonymous

Why not go with a Chorus HT then instead of CW's?

----------------

Cause I still love the cornwalls more

2.gif although the chorus would certainly be great too6.gif

my opinion anyway. Any other thoughts out there is Klipsch wonderland?

Smile16.gif

----------------

On 1/14/2004 12:45:17 PM smilin wrote:

----------------

----------------

Jay,

Sorry, Craig is going to take them and p/u on the 25th, hope to meet you at my place then!

Smilin

----------------

8.gif8.gif8.gif15.gif15.gif15.gif

How do you expect me to get a raise?

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/14/2004 2:10:54 PM Piranha wrote:

Hey Smilin,

What suburb of Chicago do you live in?

----------------

Wilmette, North of Chicago by the lake12.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/14/2004 2:11:44 PM garymd wrote:

----------------

On 1/14/2004 12:45:17 PM smilin wrote:

----------------

----------------

Jay,

Sorry, Craig is going to take them and p/u on the 25th, hope to meet you at my place then!

Smilin

----------------

8.gif8.gif8.gif15.gif15.gif15.gif

How do you expect me to get a raise?

----------------

Gary, as we said when we were talking a few minutes ago, I will try to razzle dazzle Craig

2.gif so you can get a raise, and then buy a set of AMPS from HIM6.gif OK?

Smilin12.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/14/2004 2:35:59 PM garymd wrote:

OK. I felt I had to post anyway.
2.gif
You know, sympathy factor and all that.
15.gif

----------------

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I just love it when I put my foot in my mouth

6.gif it streches it till it Hertz2.gif

Smilin13.gif

----------------

On 1/14/2004 2:19:51 PM smilin wrote:

----------------

Hey Smilin,

----------------

Wilmette, North of Chicago by the lake
12.gif

----------------

Cool. How far are you from O'Hare? What other cities are around you? Just trying to get a bearing on where you are.

Thanks,

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/14/2004 2:44:29 PM Piranha wrote:

----------------

----------------

Hey Smilin,

----------------

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/12.gif">
----------------
Cool. How far are you from O'Hare? What other cities are around you? Just trying to get a bearing on where you are.

Thanks,

----------------

I'm about 20-30 minutes north east of ohare, primarily east, I am surrounded by Skokie, Evanston, Glenview, and Winnetka, just east of the edens expressway and just weat oke Lake Michigan. about 12-15 miles from the airport.

Are ya gonna come in, I will pick you up Saturday from ohare and you can stay at my crib

2.gif Not to worry you will be smilin if you do decide to come.

11.gif

----------------

On 1/14/2004 3:47:49 PM smilin wrote:

----------------

On 1/14/2004 2:44:29 PM Piranha wrote:

----------------

----------------

Hey Smilin,

----------------

12.gif"

----------------

Thanks,

----------------

I'm about 20-30 minutes north east of ohare, primarily east, I am surrounded by Skokie, Evanston, Glenview, and Winnetka, just east of the edens expressway and just weat oke Lake Michigan. about 12-15 miles from the airport.

Are ya gonna come in, I will pick you up Saturday from ohare and you can stay at my crib

2.gif
Not to worry you will be smilin if you do decide to come.

11.gif

----------------

Unfortunately I won't know until the last minute

Guest Anonymous

[img src="http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif"> Not to worry you will be smilin if you do decide to come.

"<ahttp://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/11.gif">

----------------

Unfortunately I won't know until the last minute

----------------

TOM

do not be a wimp, get a ticket and fly on by, party with smilin you wont wanna cry

2.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/15/2004 4:07:42 PM Piranha wrote:

Steve,

Let's have the reviews of that 272 on your CW's please
9.gif

----------------

Pirhansman,

I cannot and will not2.gif cause I don't got em yet, but on the 24th I will hook uo the 272 to 2 corn's(zebra) and svs B4-plus, than I will hook up the 233 to 3 verticle corns, center channel 67 vert on side on top of rptv, and 71 verts. Than I can let you know how it sounds6.gif plus Craig will have his mark III's and his custom amps, Markbk will brung his tricked out mcintosh 240/C22 pre-amp combo, We will have at least 3 pair of corns 1 pair of chorus and 1 pair of heresy 1.(14.gif unfortunatly I could not YET find a pair of local khorns to buy,(but ya never know2.gif )and also no la scala or belle13.gif oh well it should still be a BLAST. The blast will also ci=ome from the new B&K 200.7/REF 50 combo traded in for the 507. The Ref 50 will have all the new updates10.gif and should MOVE some serious AIR on our favorite HT tracks. Watch out guys, Smilins going to BLOW you away literally with the Darth Vader of subs/crown K2 2500 watter(hope I don't cause any structural damage to my home)but I have to let it RIP, heh heh heh3.gif4.gif9.gif10.gif11.gif I may have the flu, but I wont next week

Rock on

Smilin with my Klipsch12.gif

----------------

On 1/15/2004 11:02:20 PM smilin wrote:

----------------

Steve,

9.gif

----------------

Pirhansman,

I cannot and will not
2.gif
cause I don't got em yet, but on the 24th I will hook uo the 272 to 2 corn's(zebra) and svs B4-plus, than I will hook up the 233 to 3 verticle corns, center channel 67 vert on side on top of rptv, and 71 verts. Than I can let you know how it sounds
6.gif
plus Craig will have his mark III's and his custom amps, Markbk will brung his tricked out mcintosh 240/C22 pre-amp combo, We will have at least 3 pair of corns 1 pair of chorus and 1 pair of heresy 1.(
14.gif
unfortunatly I could not YET find a pair of local khorns to buy,(but ya never know
2.gif
)and also no la scala or belle
13.gif
oh well it should still be a BLAST. The blast will also ci=ome from the new B&K 200.7/REF 50 combo traded in for the 507. The Ref 50 will have all the new updates
10.gif
and should MOVE some serious AIR on our favorite HT tracks. Watch out guys, Smilins going to BLOW you away literally with the Darth Vader of subs/crown K2 2500 watter(hope I don't cause any structural damage to my home)but I have to let it RIP, heh heh heh
3.gif4.gif9.gif10.gif11.gif
I may have the flu, but I wont next week

Rock on

Smilin with my Klipsch
12.gif

----------------

Sounds like a lot of fun. I hope I can make it.

I hope you had all the PVC replaced with copper or something REALLY strong.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

Piranha,

My place seems to be falling apart no matter what, thank god we bought the home buyers warantee2.gif it's just a bit more hassel but well worth it! so whatcha buying next? and waht did you buy when I was away?

we need to compare notes, heh heh haha12.gif

----------------

On 1/16/2004 2:46:43 AM smilin wrote:

----------------

Piranha,

My place seems to be falling apart no matter what, thank god we bought the home buyers warantee2.gif it's just a bit more hassel but well worth it! so whatcha buying next? and waht did you buy when I was away?

we need to compare notes, heh heh haha12.gif

----------------

SMILIN,

Last Friday I bought a MAD Ultra 4A SE preamp to go with the Mark III's that I acquired while you were gone. I figured that combo was already tried, tested, auditioned, and given a big thumbs up by several Forum members besides Craig.

When you were gone I bought a pair of 1977 CW's, the pair of Mark III's (at Craigs) and the Scott 272 (at Craigs).

I am currently in negotiating with someone in No Cal and another person in Phoenix that both have LaScalas for sale. They are both about 6-7 hours away, but I think I'd want the ones in Phoenix if I can get a fair and reasonable price.They are almost exactly what I am looking for. LS-BR 1975 vintage with alnico drivers. The pair in No Cal are 1979 vintage which is OK, but they are in the black cabinets which I am not all that fond of. Plus the 1975's would be much better for the WAF.

I will get the black 79's if the price is right though. 2.gif9.gif

----------------

On 1/16/2004 1:54:30 AM Piranha wrote:

----------------

On 1/15/2004 11:02:20 PM smilin wrote:

----------------

Steve,

9.gif"

----------------

Pirhansman,

I cannot and will not
2.gif"
cause I don't got em yet, but on the 24th I will hook uo the 272 to 2 corn's(zebra) and svs B4-plus, than I will hook up the 233 to 3 verticle corns, center channel 67 vert on side on top of rptv, and 71 verts. Than I can let you know how it sounds
6.gif"
plus Craig will have his mark III's and his custom amps, Markbk will brung his tricked out mcintosh 240/C22 pre-amp combo, We will have at least 3 pair of corns 1 pair of chorus and 1 pair of heresy 1.(
14.gif"
unfortunatly I could not YET find a pair of local khorns to buy,(but ya never know
2.gif"
)and also no la scala or belle
13.gif"
oh well it should still be a BLAST. The blast will also ci=ome from the new B&K 200.7/REF 50 combo traded in for the 507. The Ref 50 will have all the new updates
10.gif"
and should MOVE some serious AIR on our favorite HT tracks. Watch out guys, Smilins going to BLOW you away literally with the Darth Vader of subs/crown K2 2500 watter(hope I don't cause any structural damage to my home)but I have to let it RIP, heh heh heh
3.gif"4.gif"9.gif"10.gif"11.gif"
I may have the flu, but I wont next week

Rock on

Smilin with my Klipsch
12.gif"

----------------

----------------

Yo Smilin,

Who's confirmed to be attending your blowout on the 25th?

Guest Anonymous

http://hollowstate.netfirms.com/ultra4.htm" target=_blank>MAD Ultra 4A SE preamp to go with the Mark III's that I acquired while you were gone. I figured that combo was already tried, tested, auditioned, and given a big thumbs up by several Forum members besides Craig.

When you were gone I bought a pair of 1977 CW's, the pair of Mark III's (at Craigs) and the Scott 272 (at Craigs).

I am currently in negotiating with someone in No Cal and another person in Phoenix that both have LaScalas for sale. They are both about 6-7 hours away, but I think I'd want the ones in Phoenix if I can get a fair and reasonable price.They are almost exactly what I am looking for. LS-BR 1975 vintage with alnico drivers. The pair in No Cal are 1979 vintage which is OK, but they are in the black cabinets which I am not all that fond of. Plus the 1975's would be much better for the WAF.

I will get the black 79's if the price is right though. "<ahttp://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif"> "<ahttp://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif">

----------------

Piranha,

How can you say I am beating you, when as soon as i turn my back you go hog wild like this

2.gif your a madman and I gotta lovya12.gif