• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 1/6/2004 3:33:10 PM tillmbil wrote:

Yeah, he is busy allright. Trying to figure out how many interconects, linear feet of speaker wire, aquire schematics, and placement of all the d** gear he bought.
9.gif

Life is sure hard on you sometimes. I hope there is a rat shack near his house.
----------------

lmao....good one Bill!

----------------

On 1/6/2004 1:37:50 PM Guy Landau wrote:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh, don't wake him.

I finally enjoy the quiet atmosphere here
2.gif

----------------

LOL. I miss the guy. He definitely adds color to this forum!

Mobile's the one who seems to stir things up around here although I miss his presence at times also. He's a walking encyclopedia of all things audio. There are others like that also but Mobile lets you know. If there's something he doesn't know, it must not be important, eh?

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/6/2004 1:32:12 PM Piranha wrote:

Haven't heard from him for a while? Did he make it back from vacation? I better buy all I can while I still have a realistic chance! lol
----------------

Piranha,

Hey hey hey, keep on Buying.

Man oh man, I have had a headache since I been back, first a leak developed from a faulty pvc connection in my lower level, yeah, right behind my HT. Thankfully no damage to my HT but the wall is being tore apart as I write this. Yesterday I had the Top Cat install guy from tweeter to my place to complete some work on my system, I pointed out some awkward problems, and NOW I have to start from scratch on my System. The b&k 507 is being replaced next week by the B&K 200.7 and the Ref 50 pre. Than We need to swith the Denon 2900 with another ? SACD/DVD/DVD-A and I do not know which one I should get(any suggestions?). On top of that I tried using my chorus 1's for center channel and there was lousy seperation with it! It seems my whole system is going down the tubes.15.gif Oh yeah, I found some imperfection on the cabinet when we were moving the B4-plus to a Hopfully better placement in my room and now I do not know what to do about the damn sub( It's so frikin BIG) I probably need to return it for faulty workmanship on the cabinet8.gif This is getting to be too much work.

On top of all that, I need to get back to work!!!! cause I want a bunch more toy's.

Problems. issues, hassles and still working on this HT system5.gif

I did TT craig and I cant wait to hear the 272 he is working on today(he says it sound fantastic) and he is bringing the amps and the 67 verts in a couple weeks6.gif

The wife has not been feeling good and she wants me to work and stop playing around with my stuff14.gif Oh well, suchn is the ups and downs of life.

BTW Piranha, did you win the 272 on ebay today(bigpiranha)was the high bidder, if so congrats!3.gif Use it in good health

Gary, Thanks for the email hope the GP's are doin better, and I see some nice corns for sale your way!

Dave, did george get you the money for the amp? I hope so2.gif

Everyone please have a Happy Healthy and WEALTHY new year9.gif

Gotta run to a meeting now Talk laters if I can

Smilin11.gif

greymd-- How do those RS3's work with the cornwalls? I have chorus II's for my mains, academy for center, and haven't figured out what to use for surrounds. I would love to get another pair of Chours II's, but to big....or some heresy's, again, to big.....so next logical would be rs3's or rs7's. Though I have thought to use rb5's or rb's. What do you think?

Smillin-- Getting rid of the 507?? You recomended it to me!! Is there a big difference with the 200.7 and preamp combo? Hope the HT works out for you man.

----------------

On 1/6/2004 7:20:16 PM smilin wrote:

----------------

On 1/6/2004 1:32:12 PM Piranha wrote:

Haven't heard from him for a while? Did he make it back from vacation? I better buy all I can while I still have a realistic chance! lol----------------

Piranha,

Hey hey hey, keep on Buying.

Man oh man, I have had a headache since I been back, first a leak developed from a faulty pvc connection in my lower level, yeah, right behind my HT. Thankfully no damage to my HT but the wall is being tore apart as I write this. Yesterday I had the Top Cat install guy from tweeter to my place to complete some work on my system, I pointed out some awkward problems, and NOW I have to start from scratch on my System. The b&k 507 is being replaced next week by the B&K 200.7 and the Ref 50 pre. Than We need to swith the Denon 2900 with another ? SACD/DVD/DVD-A and I do not know which one I should get(any suggestions?). On top of that I tried using my chorus 1's for center channel and there was lousy seperation with it! It seems my whole system is going down the tubes.
15.gif
Oh yeah, I found some imperfection on the cabinet when we were moving the B4-plus to a Hopfully better placement in my room and now I do not know what to do about the damn sub( It's so frikin BIG) I probably need to return it for faulty workmanship on the cabinet
8.gif
This is getting to be too much work.

On top of all that, I need to get back to work!!!! cause I want a bunch more toy's.

Problems. issues, hassles and still working on this HT system
5.gif

I did TT craig and I cant wait to hear the 272 he is working on today(he says it sound fantastic) and he is bringing the amps and the 67 verts in a couple weeks
6.gif

The wife has not been feeling good and she wants me to work and stop playing around with my stuff
14.gif
Oh well, suchn is the ups and downs of life.

BTW Piranha, did you win the 272 on ebay today(bigpiranha)was the high bidder, if so congrats!
3.gif
Use it in good health

Gary, Thanks for the email hope the GP's are doin better, and I see some nice corns for sale your way!

Dave, did george get you the money for the amp?
I hope so
2.gif

Everyone please have a Happy Healthy and WEALTHY new year
9.gif

Gotta run to a meeting now Talk laters if I can

Smilin
11.gif

----------------

Wow.....sounds like a nightmare over there Smilin. Sorry to hear about all of the post vacation chaos. I hope it all works out for you bud.

Yeah you are definitely rubbing off on me. I have been on a buying frenzy while you've been gone. In the past week or so I have bought a pair of Dynaco MK III's (on the way to NOSValves), the Scott 272 today (also on the way to NOSValves), a Sony ES DVP-NC555ES (NIB), and another pair of Cornwalls (77's). I am going to be buying a MapleTree Line 2A ES tommorow with all the mods. I am still looking to buy a pair of LaScalas locally (somewhere around 73-77's). I would like to be able to look at them and pick them up direct.

I got my 299D back from NOSValves today so I am looking forward to hooking it up and letting her rip tomorrow!

So goes my week.

----------------

On 1/7/2004 12:11:28 AM Guy Landau wrote:

Are you guys in some kind of competition?----------------

Yes we are. You know the old phrase, "he who dies with the most toys wins!" right?

j/k/ No we aren't in competition. But I do think Smilin is possesed. Or at least he was. I am just plain old looney.

I knew old Smillin was hiding away on us !! Cheer up dude it will all work out in the end.

Between you and Tom I think I'll head to Mexico for week ! Not complaining here but I have never seen 2 guys buy so much gear 2.gif

I wonder if there was a point to Kelly's post ? Some things never change..........

Hey Smilin I am curious about your post.

1-changing out the B@K amp? Problem with it?

2-changing the B@K 50, I thought that was a decent performer. What are you replacing it with?

3-Denon, did I read right and you are replacing it?

Many other forum members just bought theirs and the reports are good. Why replace and what are you replacing it with?

Looks like you have some info others would like to know about. If you are replacing these items were are they going?9.gif

----------------

On 1/6/2004 11:46:39 PM risingjay wrote:

greymd-- How do those RS3's work with the cornwalls? I have chorus II's for my mains, academy for center, and haven't figured out what to use for surrounds. I would love to get another pair of Chours II's, but to big....or some heresy's, again, to big.....so next logical would be rs3's or rs7's. Though I have thought to use rb5's or rb's. What do you think?

Smillin-- Getting rid of the 507?? You recomended it to me!! Is there a big difference with the 200.7 and preamp combo? Hope the HT works out for you man.

----------------

That's OK. I've been called worse things!

The RS3IIs work fine for surrounds. I'm not a big believer in big rears (speakers that is) unless you listen to a lot of 5.1 music. Even then it still isn't entirely necessary. Movies sound great with the 3s. Music sounds better when I use my heresys there but it's not a significant difference. The RS3IIs are nice and small and fit nicely on a shelf or hanging on a wall. The WAF is very high, especially when you go with white like I(we) did. That was our compromise when doing the HT. I got to keep my corns, add the academy and the big sub but had to go small on the rears/sides. I don't regret it for a minute.