Ya man,

On New toys, not old one's like You have
2.gif
your work is already passe
6.gif
and Iforgot how much I

may owe U
3.gif
Hey did ya hook the 272 to the corn's yet? Ya need money today?
9.gif

Call me and then go to your cash station buddy.

Smilin
13.gif

----------------

Speaking of that 272. I have a great idea. What do you say we just have Craig ship the rebuilt one he has at his house (yours) out to me? After all, mine will be shipped to him next week. I am sure he'll still have plenty of time to rebuild it before he heads down to Chitown on the 25th? We'll just do a straight swap OK? After all, I did pay $500 for mine, so that means it has to be better right? 2.gif

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Anonymous

Speaking of that 272. I have a great idea. What do you say we just have Craig ship the rebuilt one he has at his house (yours) out to me? After all, mine will be shipped to him next week. I am sure he'll still have plenty of time to rebuild it before he heads down to Chitown on the 25th? We'll just do a straight swap OK? After all, I did pay $500 for mine, so that means it has to be better right?
2.gif

----------------

Piranhaman,

my scott is better than your scott

2.gif My scott is better than yours, cause mines ready to PLAY6.gif and your is not7.gif If craig gets it soon enough hell be able to a/b them and than we will C12.gif

You are started to PISS me off6.gif I have to work harder to keep up with the Piranhaman11.gif

Friendly competition is FFFFUUUUNNNNNN3.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/9/2004 4:14:12 PM Guy Landau wrote:

How do you know that his doesn't play?
----------------

OMFG guy you are so right6.gif I really do not know this fact, I am soooo sorry for being so presumtuous. I will try to curtail my fingers today2.gif Just for U

Piranhaman, does the 272 work?

Godd question huh?

Smilin15.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/9/2004 4:36:12 PM Guy Landau wrote:

It sure looks great
and if the seller tells the truth, it is working.
----------------

Guy, just went to your link, thanks for bringing it to my attention. Piranha should love the amp, it looks GREAT, and may it bring him many years of sonic joy9.gif

----------------

On 1/9/2004 4:36:12 PM Guy Landau wrote:

It sure looks great
and if the seller tells the truth, it is working.

----------------

The key word is if.

The 299D I bought cost me $450 to rebuild. But it sure sounds awesome.

I can't wait to hear my 272 and MK III's. The 299D may be on the auction block after I get those two setups back from NOSValves? Only time will tell.

----------------

On 1/9/2004 4:27:28 PM smilin wrote:

----------------

On 1/9/2004 4:14:12 PM Guy Landau wrote:

How do you know that his doesn't play?----------------

OMFG guy you are so right
6.gif
I really do not know this fact, I am soooo sorry for being so presumtuous. I will try to curtail my fingers today
2.gif
Just for U

Piranhaman, does the 272 work?

Godd question huh?

Smilin
15.gif

----------------

I hope so. 9.gif

Guest Anonymous

Piranhaman,

If and when Craig recieves your 272, if he tells me it looks as good as mine AND he can have it ready for delivery on time, you and ONLY you can have MY baby2.gif3.gif10.gif Hope he gets it soon. Talk to him, he says it's right there with the mark III's!!!!11.gif

Smilin

Smilin,

Glad you're back. Much more interesting reading with you here. Only problem is others may go broke trying to keep up with you. 6.gif

I'm going broke buying lps these days. The ones I've been buying aren't the 50 cent library/thrift store variety anymore. I'm really starting to acquire a killer collection though.

So what am I doing with 2 SACD players you may ask? I haven't the slightest idea. The one I just bought is in the shop getting fixed. Luckily the warranty transferred because it arrived DOA from CA. The price was just too good to pass up.

Thanks for holding the zebras for me.9.gif I assume you're still getting them?

Heck Smilins 272 worked fine as soon as I installed jumper wires all over it to bring voltages up to spec to run it before a rebuild. There is a huge difference between "working" and "working right and safe" They all work but very rarely are any vintage pieces working right !! Tom's 299D that he mentioned above had 4 get this 4 dead shorted output tubes and all the high voltage cans were shot to hell ! I bet it was plugged directly in the wall rescently !! I'm sure some of these wise people would of just said plug it in and try it !! That would not of been a pretty sight. Running bone stock 40 to 60 year old gear is careless anyone doing it doesn't deserve to own the gear they have. Its pretty obvious to me that they do not respect it. I could careless who does the rebuild or if they do it themselves. Heck I have walked many on this forum through the procedure on my phone bill !! I just get totally frustrated at the electrically challenged people giving electrical advise.

Heck the first HF-81 I ever bought back in my tube audio newbie era was a rats nest with the fuse wired out of the circuit. I didn't think it was a good idea to plug it in. What did one fine member try prodding me into doing..... word for word "Are you crazy fire that baby up" Give me a break.

Rant over.

Craig

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/9/2004 6:30:54 PM garymd wrote:

Smilin,

Glad you're back. Much more interesting reading with you here. Only problem is others may go broke trying to keep up with you.
6.gif

I'm going broke buying lps these days. The ones I've been buying aren't the 50 cent library/thrift store variety anymore. I'm really starting to acquire a killer collection though.

So what am I doing with 2 SACD players you may ask? I haven't the slightest idea. The one I just bought is in the shop getting fixed. Luckily the warranty transferred because it arrived DOA from CA. The price was just too good to pass up.

Thanks for holding the zebras for me.
9.gif
I assume you're still getting them?
----------------

Gary,

Thanks, and I am glad to be back, hope everything is setteling down for you and had a great happy new year. with that said, we need to keep making $$$$ so we can keepspending it (wisely I hope)

2.gif BTW good luck withyour damn sony's, I also am having an issue with my denon 2900,oh well as well as my B&K 507, another happy hassle. 6.gif As for the Zebras, they should be delivered this weekend, and when you decide to fly here and drive backhome, you may take them with you11.gif So far I have not bought a TT after the debacle with the thorens, thus I do not have YOUR problem of buying and storing LP's, I guess that is good for now! Miss ya and our talking.

BTW why dontcha fly in for the 25th, and go home with another pair of Zebras13.gif That would put a smile on your face!

Smilin for U10.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/9/2004 6:36:41 PM NOSValves wrote:

Heck Smilins 272 worked fine as soon as I installed jumper wires all over it to bring voltages up to spec to run it before a rebuild. There is a huge difference between "working" and "working right and safe" They all work but very rarely are any vintage pieces working right !! Tom's 299D that he mentioned above had 4
get this 4
dead shorted output tubes and all the high voltage cans were shot to hell ! I bet it was plugged directly in the wall rescently !! I'm sure some of these wise people would of just said plug it in and try it !! That would not of been a pretty sight. Running bone stock 40 to 60 year old gear is careless anyone doing it doesn't deserve to own the gear they have. Its pretty obvious to me that they do not respect it. I could careless who does the rebuild or if they do it themselves. Heck I have walked many on this forum through the procedure on my phone bill !! I just get totally frustrated at the electrically challenged people giving electrical advise.

Heck the first HF-81 I ever bought back in my tube audio newbie era was a rats nest with the fuse wired out of the circuit. I didn't think it was a good idea to plug it in. What did one fine member try prodding me into doing..... word for word "Are you crazy fire that baby up" Give me a break.

Craig,

Thats why ALL my vintage tubes go to you first, I would kill myself

2.gif2.gif BTWI do have a POS HK for you when you get here13.gif If ya need $$$ call me

Smilin, Have I gotta loan for U11.gif

----------------

On 1/9/2004 6:13:35 PM smilin wrote:

Piranhaman,

If and when Craig recieves your 272, if he tells me it looks as good as mine AND he can have it ready for delivery on time, you and ONLY you can have MY baby
2.gif3.gif10.gif
Hope he gets it soon. Talk to him, he says it's right there with the mark III's!!!!
11.gif

Smilin----------------

Smilin,

I was just kidding about the swap. Thanks though.

Yeah Craig told me about the awesome sound of your 272. That's why I was busting your chops. I appreciate your generousity however. I am really excited about getting mine back from NOSValves. We'll probably get them about the same time? Actually, you'll probably get yours before I get mine. I am guessing that you will.

I suppose I'll have the best of both worlds since he's rebuilding both my 272 and MK III's for me. He's also modifying my Maple Tree preamp. He's the man.

BTW...the 299D he rebuilt for me sounds incredible. But I will probably sell it when I get my 272 and MK III's? That may be overkill. I am sure with the demand for the Scotts currently that it wouldn't be a problem selling it and getting my money back or close to it.

I guess I'll just wait and see about the WAF after I receive all my new toys. 2.gif She's going to sh.t a brick! I may even have to buy something for her? lmao!

Yo Smilin man, when are you going to buy a set of monos?

Guest Anonymous

Smilin,

I was just kidding about the swap. Thanks though.

Yeah Craig told me about the awesome sound of your 272. That's why I was busting your chops. I appreciate your generousity however. I am really excited about getting mine back from NOSValves. We'll probably get them about the same time? Actually, you'll probably get yours before I get mine. I am guessing that you will.

I suppose I'll have the best of both worlds since he's rebuilding both my 272 and MK III's for me. He's also modifying my Maple Tree preamp. He's the man.

BTW...the 299D he rebuilt for me sounds incredible. But I will probably sell it when I get my 272 and MK III's? That may be overkill. I am sure with the demand for the Scotts currently that it wouldn't be a problem selling it and getting my money back or close to it.

I guess I'll just wait and see about the WAF after I receive all my new toys. "<ahttp://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif"> She's going to sh.t a brick! I may even have to buy something for her? lmao!

Yo Smilin man, when are you going to buy a set of monos?

----------------

Piranhaman,

Do you know mono, I dunno mono, I had mono when I was in college, but I got it from drinking to much tequila! So why the heck would I want a pair of mono6.gif would I have to drink tequila and cognac and stay up for a couple weeks, would I than have a set of mono2.gif ?

Maybe this audio stuff is just too complicated, yaknowwhatImean3.gif

Not smilin anymore cause I gots no mono11.gif

----------------

On 1/9/2004 6:48:50 PM smilin wrote:

----------------

On 1/9/2004 6:30:54 PM garymd wrote:

Smilin,

Glad you're back. Much more interesting reading with you here. Only problem is others may go broke trying to keep up with you.
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/6.gif">

Thanks for holding the zebras for me.
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif"> I assume you're still getting them?
----------------

Gary,

Thanks, and I am glad to be back, hope everything is setteling down for you and had a great happy new year. with that said, we need to keep making $$$$ so we can keepspending it (wisely I hope)
2.gif
BTW good luck withyour damn sony's, I also am having an issue with my denon 2900,oh well as well as my B&K 507, another happy hassle.
6.gif
As for the Zebras, they should be delivered this weekend, and when you decide to fly here and drive backhome, you may take them with you
11.gif
So far I have not bought a TT after the debacle with the thorens, thus I do not have YOUR problem of buying and storing LP's, I guess that is good for now! Miss ya and our talking.

BTW why dontcha fly in for the 25th, and go home with another pair of Zebras
13.gif
That would put a smile on your face!

Smilin for U
10.gif

----------------

Smilin,

Next week I'll be hooken you up with someone who may help you make some extra ducketts for more gear purchases.3.gif Everyone's been in NY this week with the rating agencies trying to get ours up. Things should settle down and we can do business (I hope). I think Chi-town would be a great city for us to invade.6.gif I'll give you a call Monday.

I wish I could come up the 25th. Way too much going on with the GPs. I'm dealing with the POA issue so I got medicaid papers to go through, etc. I also have to pluck some of their CDs out a little early to pay bills. Luckily I convinced them to put all their money in my bank so I can avoid the early withdrawal penalties. PITA. Hate owing favors.

Have fun. I'd love to meet all you guys in person. Some day.1.gif