Where's Smilin? MIA in Mexico?

Piranha

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/10/2004 1:57:05 PM Guy Landau wrote:

with a 104 db speaker, most probably yes (depending on how far you sit from your speakers). an 8 watter will definitly do the job.

----------------

Guy my speakers are the corns, and they ONLY have 98Db, how much wattage I need for these?2.gif BTW do you know anyone in the chicago areas selling Khorns? I do feel it's time for a change6.gif

Thanks in advance

Smilin11.gif

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man,

I really don't get you here.

How can you detect a "standard" watt and "glorious" watt.

For mid 90 DB's of SPL's there's no need for a 30 watter more likely that a 3 watter will have enough reserve for 100+ DB peaks.

----------------

Guy,

What are you going to do when you get banned for your constant baiting and harassment of me ??

Craog

----------------

On 1/10/2004 2:35:39 PM NOSValves wrote:

Man,

I really don't get you here.

How can you detect a "standard" watt and "glorious" watt.

For mid 90 DB's of SPL's there's no need for a 30 watter more likely that a 3 watter will have enough reserve for 100+ DB peaks.

----------------

Guy,

What are you going to do when you get banned for your constant baiting and harassment of me ??

Craog

----------------

Craig,

I'm not harassing you. Just wanted an honest answer regarding the glorious watts determination issue, and the need of a 30 watter for 90 db listenning (something that a flea power amp, not just SET, can do even better).

Guy,

Your being ridicules and trying every way possible to catch me up in my words this is absolutely obvious. Read closely I listen at 90 dB or so normally but the DEVIL in me loves 110dB blast that 30 watts of glorious clean power can produce !! Do that with a 3 watt amp heh !! I can play with total satisfaction and appreciation of my gear from 75 db to 110dB. This is watt 30 glorious watts does.

I sure wish you could find a better pass time then harrasing me.

Craig

Craig,

This is not a matter of harasment.

Your opinions are highly regarded by some of the guys here who are willing to accept everything you say, blindfolded.

Unfortunately, I need a better proof and you last answer is not satisfactory, since every 30 watter will give you that 110 db peaks when mated to your LaScalas.

Some people think that hexfreds sound better than regular diodes and you gave a scientific/measured proof, that they do measure the same so it's possibly voodoo.

Can you supply the same kind of proof regarding the glorious watts as well, or finally, you started using your ears for evaluating equipment, instead of the scope?

Guy,

This is harrasment and as far and I'm concerned you should be banned. I have completely had it with this Bull. This is a official request. I request that you completely quit posting to me in anyway. If you post to me or about me in anyway in the furure I will have to point this request to the moderators and they can take it from there.

Craig

This is your last chance to leave me alone !! Your hatred and dislike for me is absolutely obvious.

Guy's posts hold absolutely not one shred of direct personal attack. HE makes a valid point, especially in this last post. How could you possibly construe this post into a direct personal attack? He is simply questioning some of your statements, something you do with ease as evidenced by many of your posts, whether dealing with 3Dzapper, Me, Guy, Ryan, or anyone for that matter. I personally cant count how many times you have randomly jumped in an exchange out of the blue, even just recently, to call something I say hype, magic, or worse. I saw no one, including me, calling for you to be banned. I surely see nothing in Guy's posts above that even REMOTELY call for his banning in the forum. If anything, his last post surely posed an interesting take and wasnt even delivered in a remotely pointed fashion.

kh

Yeah I know I'm the bad guy.

I truely hope that it will be my LAST post to you as well.

I'm sorry to be one of the minors that can clearly read you, and can not be fooled by you, like those suckers that never die,and are only replaced by worse suckers. You do such a great job locating them.

Sionara, or should I quote Arnold - Dazvadania a*$*ole.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/10/2004 3:59:10 PM Guy Landau wrote:

I truely hope that it will be my last post to you as well.

I'm sorry to be one of the minors that can clearly read you, and can not be fooled by you, like those suckers that never die,and are only replaced by worse suckers. You do such a great job locating them.

----------------

Guy

Are you calling ME one of Craigs SUCKERS

6.gif I certainly hope not. Please explain this comment for I take it VERY personnal and it does seem like your are on hte attack.15.gif I just do not understand.

Smilin and wondering about the comment12.gif

----------------

On 1/10/2004 4:06:23 PM smilin wrote:

----------------

On 1/10/2004 3:59:10 PM Guy Landau wrote:

I truely hope that it will be my last post to you as well.

----------------

Guy

Are you calling ME one of Craigs SUCKERS

6.gif
I certainly hope not. Please explain this comment for I take it VERY personnal and it does seem like your are on hte attack.
15.gif
I just do not understand.

Smilin and wondering about the comment
12.gif

----------------

That comment is pretty offensive to me as well. Are you are calling anyone who has had Craig work on their amp or that asks his opinions a sucker?

I think some people take this audio craze a little too seriously. Don't sweat the small stuff. And as Smilin says, just smile and be happy!

Smilin & Piranha,

Nothing personal here, It takes much longer time to completely understand and see it.

You guys haven't spent long enough time here, and I strongly recommend that you to go back, 2-3 years, and read some of the posts (you'll bump into some really nice guys that had chose not to post here anymore, for some reasons).

It used to be a nice place and I shurely miss them.

"The Mark III's I'm comparing the 272 to are wired in Triode output and put out 30 watts but it's 30 glorious watts. You both need to give up this SLP quest here !! It's not quanity its quality! I rarely listen to music over maybe mid 90Db peaks but at time the 11.gif comes out and yes I crank it way up 30 very clean watts does this just fine!"

What is there not to "get" here? You and Kelly actually think asking Craig what constitutes a "standard" watt as opposed to a "glorious" watt is valid. YOU guys are the triode freaks, one would think the answer is obvious. I think the post above is pretty self explanatory.

Well Craig, Kelly has a point. I don't think Guy's post is any more provacative then the stuff we throw into their threads. Turn about is fair play. You know, we ought to still be able to all give each other some grief -- I just have a problem with the name calling, and posts that have no purpose but to simply demean someone.

----------------

On 1/10/2004 5:22:16 PM DeanG wrote:

"The Mark III's I'm comparing the 272 to are
wired in Triode
output and put out 30 watts
but it's 30 glorious watts
. You both need to give up this SLP quest here !!
It's not quanity its quality!
I rarely listen to music over maybe mid 90Db peaks but at time the
11.gif"
comes out and yes I crank it way up 30 very clean watts does this just fine!"

What is there not to "get" here? You and Kelly actually think asking Craig what constitutes a "standard" watt as opposed to a "glorious" watt is valid.
YOU
guys are the triode freaks, one would think the answer is obvious. I think the post above is pretty self explanatory.

Well Craig, Kelly has a point. I don't think Guy's post is any more provacative then the stuff we throw into their threads. Turn about is fair play. You know, we ought to still be able to all give each other some grief -- I just have a problem with the name calling, and posts that have no purpose but to simply demean someone.----------------

The point is its a pretty openly known fact that Guy hated my guts and if you can not see his constant harping and questioning my every word as a character attack then your blind. Why should I have to answer to someone that has professed his dislike for me time and time again ? I don't ever post directly to him only in replies to his constant loaded questions. He hates me why would he want my advise or opinion ?? Geezz look at the Jolida thread I never posted to Kelly or Guy until a post from them was directed right at me from Kelly and then Guy. All I did was share my experience on Jolida's why is this such a crime ?

Oh and since before christmas I do not enter threads about there favorite topics at all ! I'm trying to keep the peace while others are just trying to disrupt it.

Craig

Guest Anonymous

Alright already folks, bottom line is different strokes for different folks. Craig is performing a great service to me and many of those on the forum with the caring work he is doing to help fulfill our audio fantasies. Some of the guys here on the forum are much more into getting esoteric in their own audio needs. it seems to me that most all of you have valid points, but than here we going nitpicking 1 phrase or a few choice words and taking it either personnaly, aurgumentative, insulting, or whatever2.gif Each person here on the forum is intitled to have personnal preferences and tastes, remember it's our own EARS that count, along with our pocketbooks6.gif along with there being may different levels (gotta go daughter is killing me) more later11.gif

Smilin

----------------

On 1/10/2004 1:21:36 AM NOSValves wrote:

Its not a issue with volume maybe old Steve misunderstands me. In volume it has slightly more headroom but geez how loud do you need to get ?? The amp you have makes about 32 watts or so and the 272 makes about 38 watts on my scope the 6 watts isn't going to do all that much to overall volume. Its the mid range and upper volume clarity that will shine through ! Also the difference in output tubes and dual rectified power supply is huge. I would take a EL34 over a 7591 any day of the week in my book. The EL34 is the midrange king of the hill. The dual rectified PS give the amp headroom to make that 38 watts clean !

The Mark III's I'm comparing the 272 to are wired in Triode output and put out 30 watts but its 30 glorious watts. You both need to give up this SLP quest here !! Its not quanity its quality ! I rarely listen to music over maybe mid 90Db peaks but at time the
11.gif
comes out and yes I crank it way up 30 very clean watts does this just fine !

Craig

----------------

Craig,

So do you think that the 272 sounds better or prefer than the Mark III's?

Steve,

What time on the 25th man? I would love to come by and do some auditioning. I'll bring my very very very shinny Mark III's also. I'll have some questions for Craig on them as well.

Peace to all!

Jason

9.gif9.gif