Where's Smilin? MIA in Mexico?

Piranha

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/12/2004 12:24:22 AM 3dzapper wrote:

Smilin,

Not for me to tell you what to do but that never stopped me before so.........
9.gif

You have already got your wifes permission to buy a pair of Khorns. The new Khorns are the best sounding ones ever built. Make an appointment, grab your trusty old scott and your wife's favorite music, pack her in the van and go have her listen. She'll have you buy the new ones.It worked for me! They are going to grow old with you so why not start with the best
3.gif

Rick

----------------

Rick,

I love your thought process, and yes it would seem to make sence, BUT my wife does not even listen to music!, she has been to 3 concerts in her life. all of which I have taken her too(1 against her will)she is a piano bar lady! does not care at all, thinks I'm nutz and crazy(I am)

2.gif So far does not want to learn, hear, care ect ect ect.

It would do no good to take her to any store cause she would have absolutly no opinion exceot to say, NO I cannot hear ant difference, go with the CHEAPER one!15.gif On the other hand my wife is one of the most intelligent, hard working, nicest(don't spend no money)cheap, cute, beautiful, best mother in the world16.gif. Also unless I can hear the khorns, or any other equipment in my own place, I cannot judge it fairly for MYSELF. That why I just keep buying and selling what I do not want11.gif heh heh heh, work for U? no2.gif

In my last house, (twice the size) I had HT all pioneer elite with 5 martin logans front/rear/center arius X 4 and theater center with fsx 1200 velodyne sub, back yard 4 niles all season speakers(dynamite)with adcom 200 X 2 and pre amp, bedroom bang and olefson, downstairs 2 bryston 200 x 2 and 1 adcom 200 x 2, 1 pair klipsch klf 30's, 1 pair top of line canton, 1 pair top nht.

so you see she will lert me do what I want to, but in the new home I agreed to only have 1 room to fill up15.gif and I guess I made a mistake, but i gotta keep my word14.gif

next, I am only in this house till my daughter graduates 8th grade, 2.5 years more and I have a deal with my wife(her suggestion cause she HATES THE BASS)remember I have the darth vader of subs the SVS B4-Plus with the crown 2500 watt K2 and it just drives her CRAZY(She HATES IT7.gif)

Anyway, she said that in the next house I should build my own room ,LARGE HT, games, stereo, ect ect ect and that my friend will be my FINAL FRONTIER, so for the next couple of years I am in a learning mode, to get ready for the room that audio and visual dreams are made of12.gif10.gif9.gif

NNNOOOOOWWWWWW give me your suggestion

Smilin and I can't wait for our next home11.gif

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Anyway, she said that in the next house I should build my own room ,LARGE HT, games, stereo, ect ect ect and that my friend will be my FINAL FRONTIER, so for the next couple of years I am in a learning mode, to get ready for the room that audio and visual dreams are made of"

All their life my Khorns have been in rooms about 13x 20+-. My wife and I are eihter going to buy another house where my criteria will be a ROOM or if we decide to stay where we are at I plan to build a ROOM. Somewhere around 25x? (need to have the right ratios) with log siding on the walls and a vaulted ceiling with flying beams. I always wanted a log house but at my age and aging I don't want the maintenence chores. In my ROOM I will be anle to open up the Khorns to their full potential and put together a Heritage HT system with a projector. Hang my dead animal heads and antique firearms and I'm going to put a wooden sign over the door... "Begger's Tomb".

9.gif9.gif

So I know what you're talking about. My wife and I will start the real discussions when I sell my real estate investments and turn them into regular income.

Go get 'em tiger3.gif It's entertaining to watch you having so much fun.1.gif

Rick

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/12/2004 9:37:07 AM 3dzapper wrote:

"Anyway, she said that in the next house I should build my own room ,LARGE HT, games, stereo, ect ect ect and that my friend will be my FINAL FRONTIER, so for the next couple of years I am in a learning mode, to get ready for the room that audio and visual dreams are made of"

All their life my Khorns have been in rooms about 13x 20+-. My wife and I are eihter going to buy another house where my criteria will be a ROOM or if we decide to stay where we are at I plan to build a ROOM. Somewhere around 25x? (need to have the right ratios) with log siding on the walls and a vaulted ceiling with flying beams. I always wanted a log house but at my age and aging I don't want the maintenence chores. In my ROOM I will be anle to open up the Khorns to their full potential and put together a Heritage HT system with a projector. Hang my dead animal heads and antique firearms and I'm going to put a wooden sign over the door... "Begger's Tomb".

9.gif9.gif

So I know what you're talking about. My wife and I will start the real discussions when I sell my real estate investments and turn them into regular income.

Go get 'em tiger
3.gif
It's entertaining to watch you having so much fun.
1.gif

Rick
----------------

Rick,

Great minds must think alike

2.gif I'm shure when we get to our dream rooms, we will either have at least 4 NEW klipschorns apiece6.gif And a center channel, with 2 sides of course, BUT if you look at some of the NEW klipsch potential offering, Both you and I may have to reconsider11.gif Now wouldn't that be interesting, and FUN12.gif

I hope Klipsch raelly starts to build Super high end with the sound qualities we all LOVE13.gif

Thanks Klipsch

Smilin

----------------

On 1/12/2004 12:27:56 PM smilin wrote:

----------------

On 1/12/2004 9:37:07 AM 3dzapper wrote:

9.gif"9.gif"

Go get 'em tiger
3.gif"
It's entertaining to watch you having so much fun.
1.gif"

Rick----------------

Rick,

Great minds must think alike
2.gif
I'm shure when we get to our dream rooms, we will either have at least 4 NEW klipschorns apiece
6.gif
And a center channel, with 2 sides of course, BUT if you look at some of the NEW klipsch potential offering, Both you and I may have to reconsider
11.gif
Now wouldn't that be interesting, and FUN
12.gif

I hope Klipsch raelly starts to build Super high end with the sound qualities we all LOVE
13.gif

Thanks Klipsch

Smilin

----------------

You can use on of your six CW's for a center.

2.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

You can use on of your six CW's for a center.

2.gif

----------------

Duh hay, of course, the 67 Black vert is going on the Black elite 64", for 5 corns around and a pair of heresy side's, It should have the proper Timbre right

2.gif not a bad start to a 2-channel/HT16.gif11.gif

Smilin w/corns3.gif

----------------

On 1/12/2004 11:35:46 PM smilin wrote:

----------------

You can use on of your six CW's for a center. 2.gif

----------------

Duh hay, of course, the 67 Black vert is going on the Black elite 64", for 5 corns around and a pair of heresy side's, It should have the proper Timbre right

2.gif
not a bad start to a 2-channel/HT
16.gif11.gif

Smilin w/corns
3.gif

----------------

Not bad at all pal. Not bad at all. 9.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/13/2004 1:22:59 AM Piranha wrote:

----------------

On 1/13/2004 1:08:22 AM MarkBK wrote:

Smilin'

I think it needs more bass....
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/11.gif">
"<a
"<a
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif">
----------------

He already owns a SVS B4-Plus that blew his plumbing apart. How much more does he need?

----------------

Piranha,

not just my water pipes but the cabinet is showing stress too

15.gif Why oh why is life so hard15.gif

Smilin

----------------

On 1/13/2004 2:06:30 AM smilin wrote:

----------------

On 1/13/2004 1:22:59 AM Piranha wrote:

----------------

On 1/13/2004 1:08:22 AM MarkBK wrote:

Smilin'

I think it needs more bass....
11.gif"11.gif"11.gif"3.gif"
----------------

He already owns a SVS B4-Plus that blew his plumbing apart. How much more does he need?

----------------

Piranha,

not just my water pipes but the cabinet is showing stress too

15.gif
Why oh why is life so hard
15.gif

Smilin

----------------

The sub cabinet? Or the built ins that house your audio equipment?

Guest Anonymous

Ron told me to use wood putty, but I may trade it in, svs has been really descent so far, we will see!

I cannot wait to see the NEW smaller ones!6.gif

----------------

On 1/13/2004 12:28:05 PM smilin wrote:

Ron told me to use wood putty, but I may trade it in, svs has been really descent so far, we will see!

I cannot wait to see the NEW smaller ones!
6.gif
----------------

Yeah I would trade it in. Bigger is not always better you know.

----------------

On 1/11/2004 1:24:46 PM smilin wrote:

Jay,

You better get some more digits
2.gif
Cause I have a a pair of chorus for you to p/u to round out your HT on the cheap, let me know if ya want em
12.gif

Smilin
11.gif

----------------

If the Chorus's aren't sold by the 25th, that may be a possibility. I'll have to check again and see if there is room for them. BTW, what finish are they?

----------------

On 1/13/2004 6:15:51 PM risingjay wrote:

----------------

On 1/11/2004 1:24:46 PM smilin wrote:

Jay,

You better get some more digits
2.gif
Cause I have a a pair of chorus for you to p/u to round out your HT on the cheap, let me know if ya want em
12.gif

Smilin
11.gif

----------------

If the Chorus's aren't sold by the 25th, that may be a possibility. I'll have to check again and see if there is room for them. BTW, what finish are they?

----------------

Smilin, I have never heard the Chorus's myself. So, how do they stack up against the CW's?

Guest Anonymous

----------------

----------------

Jay,

Sorry, Craig is going to take them and p/u on the 25th, hope to meet you at my place then!

Smilin