OT calculators

easylistener

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone ever have a TI-55 II? Biggest POS TI ever made. I had one and I've talked to 2 or 3 others over years that had them and it seems they're all a like. You would press a key and nothing, press it again and nothing then all of sudden you press it and you might get from 1-3 charactes. I tried my best to twist mine in-half one day when I was trying to trig out an equation for something at work. Another guy I know smashed his against a brick wall.

My TI-30Xa worked great until I spilled coffee on it at work. Replaced it with TI-36X Solar with triple function keys, it's very nice.

Grateful

On a hunch I did a search, maybe I shouldn't have destroyed mine:

http://www.datamath.org/Sci/Slanted/TI-55-II_1.htm

I bought a TI-55II in about 1982 and had the same buttom bounce problem that Grateful11 described. I sent it back to TI for repair and bought an HP15C (best thing I ever did was to get rid of the "=" button in favor of an "ENTER" button). Anyway, TI finally replaced the TI55-II, and I gave it to my dad. He still uses it today, with no problems. BTW, I still have my TI-59 with a printer that I bought in 1979 for a small fortune. It also still works, including the card reader.

The last one I bought was an HP-28S for my AE days in college. It's still working great, but the darn battery cover cracked a long time ago, so now I'm using tape to keep the batteries in there. Is that too geeky? It's clear packing tape, not the white kind for glasses! 1.gif

But I have a new HP-48Gx for Xmas that I'm sure will come in handy. Gotta love that RPN!