Can we ever own enough Klipsch

Ill tell you what, i still want a pair of the 1969 cornwalls with vertical horns, i want Jubilees, heresys, Khorns, belles, la scalas,Tagents,kg4s, and all,MCM sereis, and a better home theater package with Klipsch!

Am i sick or what! Those copper woofers are looking pretty good to me!

Having 4 cornwalls now, i think im just greedy!

Anyone feel this way!

I also want a set of Klipsch HEADPHONES, come on Bob.G you make quintets, just get a bit smaller!!

Microscopic hornloaded tweeter!! LOL

Now that would be small now wouldnt it!!

Lol Jim

• Like 1

I was also thinking, i might be better off, just to buy Klipsch!! LOL

My lottery ticket is on the way! LOL

After reading the reviews every night, (because i have nothing to do after work every night) All you people are so cool, I love my audio, and i just broke 800 CDS here! Jim

Let's see, I have pair of Legend 30s, KSP-S6s, three LF-10 subs, and a KLF-C7, plus Chorus IIs, Forte IIs, not to mention the Klipschorn, Belle Klipsch center, and Cornwalls I have in storage waiting for a big enough room for them, plus RCW-3s and Quintets. I think I have 21 Klipsch speakers alltogether (I hope I'm not forgetting any).

And I was happy (although considered possibly insane by the few friends I haven't talked into buying Klipsch speakers yet) until the RF-, RS- and RC-7s were announced. I'll have to sell something to get these, but what??? I already sold some Heresies and my first Klipschs - two sets of 2.1s I got by mistake from UBID (it's funny the best thing they ever did for me was a mistake) - and it was painful enough selling those!

At least reading my new hero HornEd's posts reminds me that if I'm crazy or obsessed, I've got first class company on this board from the best (and nicest) bunch of fanatics on the web.

Thanks, GeorgeC, for confirming that there is indeed life in Culver City. I was just arranging the details of rounding up a pair of Cornwalls in Wyoming to start a new Klipsch herd on my sister's elk farm in Idaho. Looks like I may be set for the rest of my life in powdered elk horn... not exactly my idea of living up to the "HornEd" image.

So, GeorgeC, here is a "standing Wavey.gif wave" from San Francisco... not to worry... with my HT rig, I have 'em to spare! Biggrin.gif HornEd

------------------

Living HT Legends

KLF 30 L&R Mains

RC-7 Center (ordered)

KLF 30 L&R Surrounds

KLF 30 L&R Rear Effects

KLF 10 L&R Front Effects

Twin SVS CS-Ultra Pwr Sub

KSW-15 Pwr Sub (rear)

Speaker Support Systems:

Mitsubishi RPHD1080i 65"

Yamaha RX-V3000 Receiver

and such... Tweak On!

Well, I can't say that I'm in the same league as some of you folks, but I just picked up a second pair of Heresy's and am constantly on the lookout for a pair of Khorns or LaScala's for sale locally.

My twice a day ritual is to visit this board then head to ebay and type "Klipsch" into the search field. I thought there was something wrong with me but I'm feeling better, now. The new reference 7 series really has me thinking about a total system overhaul.

------------------

--Elliott--

I am just beginning with Klipsch; still in college. But I am nowhere close to being done. I told my mom that I have entered a very expensive hobby and I will always be upgrading. Just get used to (I am not sure she is opposed to this because she often gets the old pieces!). As long as I dont go bankrupt thats fine!! I also told here I am not moving out of the house until I can buy a house. After all I need my music and movies very loud. That would be fair to neighbors in the apartments next to me.

HEADPHONEMan you guys need to show your family whose boss. Enjoy your Klipschieswho needs headphone. I have a set of headphones, but my family doesnt know this!cwm4.gifcwm4.gifcwm20.gif

------------------

Sony Trinitron 27" TV

Yamaha RX-V1000

JVC HR-S3800 Super VHS VCR

Sony DVP-S530D DVD Player

Sony Tape

Sony CDP-CE345 Cd player

RF-3 Main

Monster m1.4 Biwire Cables

RC-3 Center

SS-1 Rear

Man oh man, for the past few saturday nights, ive been really turning up my cornwalls!

Up to 3, that would be equal to about 100 total watts with all 4, and the pioneer sx 950, and Mcintosh Mc2120 amp! Im really starting to think i have a comercial sound sytem here, i could run a nightclub with ease!

And also, i dont think i could ever hurt these cornwalls, the only thing that worried me, was the Mcintosh tends to start clipping, and i have to turn it down, just a notch!

Any ideas on what i might have set up, wrong or, any ideas to stop the clipping!

I can also enjoy them, not so loud too!!!

Ill prabably buy a reasonable HOME speaker system just to thrash partying, i have a few beers, and watch out ,ill light up the whole neihborhood!

Dont want to get thrown out of here!! LOL

There is trully NO reason to crank up the cornwalls, that i do know, but its like a live concert when there up! Especially 4 of them!

A pair of heresys would work ok, ill look around for a smaller pair of Klipsch, and enjoy the cornwalls during the day!! Jim

Started with the quintet and a KSW 10 sub. Added a pair of 3.1 monitors. Replaced the lot with one pair of Heresy's.

Current plan: In the process of buying a holiday home. Want to move the current setup (Marantz, Accuphase and Heresy's) there. Then want to buy a pair of Belle KLipsch's and run them with an SACD and tube monoblocks.

Maybe then buy a second pair of Heresy's and a centre, add 3 more monoblocks and a decoder, DVD and DVD/a, cover all speakers in a marble jacket, a 15" sub (KSW 15 or newer model), a pair of electrostatic headphones (STAX - sorry - they are the best in the world), build an audio room.....

Sorry - 2 more prozac and I will be fine.

Sounds great Max,the thing here i never thought about was room size VRS speakers! I listen to all 4 cornwalls only 9 feet away from them!!

Im in a single 16 foot wide modular home!!

Untill we move into a bigger place, i only listen to one pair at once! Untill i party a little!!

I dont have a stereo anymore, i call it my comercial soundsystem now!! This system will relocate you without choice, if your not carefull, on wattage!

But i sure do love these cornwalls!

Jim

When I was in college about 10 years ago, I had just bought my KG4's and my roommate had a pair of Heresy's.....so we had them all hooked up together in each corner of the room......a 10'x15' fraternity house room. Twin Rotel mono blocks powered the Heresy's and an Adcom powered the KG4's.......that was one loud room to party in.....what's that constant ringing in my ears?????? LOL

------------------

Home Theater System:

Klipsch Quartets - mains for both systems

Klipsch KV3 - center

Klipsch KG.5's - rear surrounds

Klipsch KSW12 subwoofer

Denon AVR-1601

Music System:

Adcom GFA-555 Musical Concepts Modified

NAD 1600 Pre/Tuner

Sony C-67ES CD Player

Well add me to the list of sick people ... Started last year by getting a Nakamichi off of Ebay with some cheap speakers.

Then:

(1) Bought a KSW-10 sub-woof;

(2) Got a McIntosh 2105 from my uncle (sitting in his basement);

(3) Ditched the Nak since it didn't have a pre-amp out to drive the Mac;

(4) Bought a Denon AVR-4800 since it was on sale and had the pre-out;

(5) Saw a pair of Cornwalls for sale in NY state; bought them, ditched the cheap speakers;

(6) Saw a pair of Heresy's for rear channels; got them.

(7) Needed a center; ditched the cheap center and got a KT-LCR.

(8) Saw a single Heresy for sale, bought that;

(9) Saw a single Belle for sale in Philly; bought that. Need to find homes for the KT-LCR and Heresy

(10) Have an order in with ALK for new Cornwall and Belle crossovers.

(11) Need my family room back, so I'm ripping out the existing cabinetry and re-doing it to bury these beautiful speakers in the corners and center TV area.

So let's see, what started out as a $1,200 investment is now up to around $5,000 for the equipment and $10K for the cabinets and wet bar. I'll post a picture when it all done.

I even dream about this stuff at night. Max, got any more of that Prozac?

------------------

Denon AVR-4800

McIntosh MC-2105 (Fronts)

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Klipsch Cornwall I's (LF/RF)

Belle Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Sounds like a blast, id love to have belles, and i also have audio big time around here!

Mcintosh MC2120, Mcintosh C-26, Pyramid amp, pioneer SX 950,850, and 780,receivers, Harman Kardon Cd player,optimus cassette deck, dust collector, technics reciever, and 4 cornwalls!

If you guys would compare the old pioneer Sx series, to expensive amps you be surprised on the sound! The Sx950 is about the same sound as my Mcintosh 2120 amp!! As long as i stop abusing my Klipsch, with unessecary volume ill be ok LOL!!

These light up the nehborhood even at low volumes LOL!! 1

1 and a half is trully my listening level on these!

Anything more, my ears distort the sound!

Bad for the hearing, no other speaker ive ever had, has done this!

Maybe the kg 5.5s did, but this severe!

There was no mid horns in them!

I really should of considered the room size, VS speakers, when i bought my first pair of cornwalls, last year, that was the fist time ive ever saw them!

Yet heard them, all the other speakers took a walk, wish i could of kept them sometimes!

Id still have 4 KG 5.5s if i did!

But at that time, i had no where to put 4 KG5.5s, and my pair of KG4s, because i had these 4 cornwalls!

Not to mention the entire surround sound setup i had, all Klipsch as well!

If i get a Belle center, and a surround sound unit, ill have the theatter again!

Or even a heresy center, would be more logical!

Well, have fun and enjoy collecting, im sure im far from done, ive been watching the 1969 pair of cornwalls on ebay LOL!!

Jim

Jim, I'm watching the same pair of Cornwalls I think ... the old Cornwall II's in Providence, RI? It's 30 minutes from my house and I'm thinking about auditioning them ... We shouldn't bid against each other if you're seriously interested ...

Want a Heresy center channel? I've got one for sale. Was just about to start a thread in the HT section of this site to sell it and a KT-LCR/THX ... I figured since we're all a tight-knit group here, I'd see if anyone was interested before putting them up on Ebay. If anyone wants either of them, just match what I paid and pay the shipping ...

For the KT-LCR, I paid:

Item Title : Klipsch KT-LCR THX Certified Center Channel (Item# 445385640)

Final Price : $306.56

For the Heresy, I paid:

Item Title : 1 KLIPSCH HERESY for Center channel speaker (Item# 1237916156)

Final Price : $246.50

They're both walnut oil finishes. The Heresy is an older Heresy ("I"). Both in good shape (not perfect, but good).

Let me know!

------------------

Denon AVR-4800

McIntosh MC-2105 (Fronts)

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Klipsch Cornwall I's (LF/RF)

Belle Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Chris, go ahead on those cornwalls, there just worth more than the 1s or cornwall 2s of the 80s!

Also wife said no, on the heresy center, but thank you anyway! I hope to see a Klipsch fan get those 1969 cornwalls!

So your free and clear with me on the ebay set of cornwalls good luck Jim

This is me being jealous. Smile.gif

I guess I have to settle for my Reference series set. Darn. :D

Seriously, I'd love the opportunity someday to listen to some of you Klipsch setups. I bet each one is something special to behold.

Let me check. Oops, still jealous. Smile.gif

------------------

RF-3 Mains (currently on order)

RC-3 Center

RS-3 Surround

Sony SAWM40 Subwoofer

Technics SA-DX1050 receiver

Panasonic DVD-RV31K DVD player

JVC 32" TV

Not too bad, I must say...

Nope...........I can make it almost a month without buying something Klipsch. This is an addiction. Have to go hook up my new KSW-12 now.

SF1 Fronts

SC1 Center

2 KSW 12 Subs

SF1 rears (yep,same as the fronts)

Technics SA DX1040 receiver

Panasonic RV31 DVD

LoL

You guys dont know what its like to be a Audio/Klipsch Fanatic.

I'm only 16, a Junior in High School.

My first Klipsch Purchase was my Klipsch Pro Medias for my Computer.

My first Experiance with Klipsch was with my Grandfathers Heresys (I).

I lay awake at night, I day dream about owning a large Klipsch HT setup...

My Girl Friend use to get annoyed with me, because I was always talking about speakers......

I dream of owning 4 K-Horns, 1 for each corner. Front and Rear Channels + 4 Heresys, Mounted on the walls between the K-Horns.

A Klipsch La Scala for Front Center.

A Klipsch La Scala for Rear Center.

McIntosh 7106 6channel Amplifier.

4 15 inch Klipsch Subwoofers 2 located behind the couch, 2 in the front next to the La Scala Center.

Throw in

1 of these for the "TV".

A Denon 3300 DVD player .

In the "quiet room". I want RB-5's for "quiet" listening.

And Out back... 4 - 6 Klipsch SA-3's for out door partying.

Now, am I crayz?

------------------

Living Room:

Yamaha Natural Sound A-500 Stereo Amplifier

2 Klipsch Heresys on A switch

2 Fisher STV-873 on B switch

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

Thats not realy even me going crazy........

My crazy dreams are like this, have a Good Stereo Amp, with A and B switches. I dont want or need a 5.1 or 8.1 setup..

KPT-Jubilees built into the Walls in the Front on A switch.

KPT-Jubilees built into the Walls in the Back on B switch.

2 KPT-684's in the Front. 2 in the Back.

But being a person that looks at, what likely... and being one that loves to listen to music and a BIG fan of BASS!

My dream system would consist of:

2 good Stereo Amplifier with A and B switches.

On one of the Recievers: 2 K-Horns on A, in the front. 2 La Scalas on B, 1 in the center of the left wall, one in the center of the right wall.

On the other Reciever: 2 K-Horns on A, in the back. 2 La Scalas on B, 1 in the center of the front wall, one in the center of the rear wall.

4, 15 inch Klipsch Woofers located behind the couch. Or 2 on each of the side walls, located between the K-Horns and Side La Scalas.

Please... tell me I am not crazy..........

------------------

Living Room:

Yamaha Natural Sound A-500 Stereo Amplifier

2 Klipsch Heresys on A switch

2 Fisher STV-873 on B switch

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds