Can we ever own enough Klipsch

Your first post would be about $15,000.00, and your second post would be about $18,000.00, OK what kind of house are you getting LOL!!

When i was 16, i wish i had Klipsch then, Thats really cool for 16, sounds like you have a really nice system!! You already have a set of speakers that will last you a life time! Dont stop, keep going, have fun, and my wife thinks im crazy, for being on this site everyday, and also when i run all 4 cornwalls at once!

Long live Klipsch, have fun Jim

If you havent noticed Smile.gif i'm here every day, almost all day. When I am at home. Smile.gif

Suprised you guys havent gotten tired of me.

I am Happy with my Pro Medias. I believe Klipsch did a Great job. Those Pro Medias, were my step into the world of Home Audio, and Klipsch. It was when I got those, when I discoverd just how good those old speakers in the back corner of the living room were.

Since then, I took my grandfathers Amp, and Heresys, and moved them over to the televisioin Smile.gif

As soon as I get money I will be buying a car.

Then Buying a Car Audio system..

Then, when I am out of the house, ITS KLIPSCH HT TIME!

I'll probobly buy a good Stereo Amp as I said, with A and B switches.

And I will probobly look for a pair of Heresys, or La Scalas.

Yes, I know Its an apartment, And I wont be able to blast it.. often.... but... Hey.... when I wanna move out, and my lease says I cant,... my speakers say I can Smile.gif

Thats only about... 3,000$ instead of the 15,000$.

(actualy, I think that 15,000 is way off)

K-Horns = Aprox. 5,500$

La Scala = Aprox. 3,000$

Heresy II = Aprox. 1,000$

KSW-15 = Aprox. 800$

First post :

4 K-Horns = 22,000$

2 La Scalas = 6,000$

4 KSW-15 = 2,400$

Sony Projector = 13,000$

Not including the AMp, the DVD player it would cost aprox:

43,400$

Thats why I believe your 15,000 price tag is a bit off.

I relize thats alot of money, I think I may be happier with a 5.1 Reference Setup, Bi Amped..

4 RF-7's, 2 Front, 2 rear.

1 RC-7, Front Center.

2 KSW-15.

Thats only about 11,200$

So MANY CHOICES!, SO LITTLE MONEY!!!AHHH!!!

------------------

Living Room:

Yamaha Natural Sound A-500 Stereo Amplifier

2 Klipsch Heresys on A switch

2 Fisher STV-873 on B switch

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

DWK, I am 20 and I totally agree with you. My dream is to have um say 10000 square foot home. My theatre room will have 4 khorns. Heritage fronts a rear center. Digital decoder with separate amps (probably around 6). Best HD TV I can get and those very expensive theatre chairs shown in the shopping section.

AND THAT IS JUST 1 ROOM...

I would have at least 2 sets of RF-7s in each room for music. Many subs. And lets not even get started with my speakers around my Olympic size swimming pool and spa.

All technical aspects of the house will be controlled by a centralized computer system and a handheld PC maybe the top of the line HP Jornada will control it remotely. Sound system, security system, climate control and lights.

I will need some help from the Klipsch guys for the speakers in my very large ballroom. CAN ANYONE SAY BILL GATES? OH WELL LETS GET BACK TO REALITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

Sony Trinitron 27" TV

Yamaha RX-V1000

JVC HR-S3800 Super VHS VCR

Sony DVP-S530D DVD Player

Sony Tape

Sony CDP-CE345 Cd player

RF-3 Main

Monster m1.4 Biwire Cables

RC-3 Center

SS-1 Rear

LoL

I dont got it that bad... Atleast not with the house.

1 Amp, a good amp, should be more than enough to give you what you need for K-Horns.

I want a Simple house.

Bed Room for me, with 4 Heresys, for mostly quiet music.

Bed Room for kids.

Kitchen.

Theater FUN room.

Living room.

3 Bathrooms.

And Closets.

Pool in back

Atleast 2 La Scalas or Heresys in Everyroom.

I also REALY want a Good Computer.. thats another thing I am all about....

Something sounds REAL good

Is a computer with Dual 1.2 Ghz Athlon MP Processors.

Wth Nvidias Graphic Processor for the computer Equal to the one found in the X Box.

------------------

Living Room:

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

Don't even get me started with computers. I was to build a network in my home starting with a server computer. a T1 line and seperate terminals for every room (each with the specs you mentioned). The server will kick a** Like my earlier post, this network will control all aspects of the home!!

------------------

Sony Trinitron 27" TV

Yamaha RX-V1000

Sony Tape

Sony CDP-CE345 Cd player

RF-3 Main

RC-3 Center

SS-1 Rear

VERY cool.

But I would go with a Wireless Network with 3-4 Laptops.

But by the time I can do it..... Laptops will be more powerful than the most powrful desktops mow.

And wireless networks will be alot better....

But ofcorse all the laptops need to be able to hook up to the Sony Projection screen Smile.gif When you wanna Play HALO (a game) on a BIG screen.

------------------

Living Room:

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

Hey Bensib:

When you get that house going, ill have to stop by to listen! LOL

Klipsch museum of the future!

You guys are doing fantastic, with your soundsystems, and yes my money figures were way off!

Im getting a pair of Khorns,also, just dont know when!!

Its amazing how much room 4 cornwalls take up!

Have fun guys Jim

You have now made 3 posts on this Forum and haven't done anything but bash the Klipsch product and name. Please do us all a favor and go crawl back under your rock...

Mike

PS. Martin Logan's sound muddy to me and can't reproduce the low frequencies...

quote:

Originally posted by storm300x:

there is a cure for the klipsch disease,its called Martin Logan.....

I like Martin Logans..

Only heard them once.. it was ike 6,000 a pair, being drivin by a..... almost wanna say Mcintosh Amp, but I think I would be wrong.

I like how the sound comes from both directions.

Also, they arnt ment realy to doi low frequencies.. from what I was told, thats why they usualy have a subwoofer built in with them.

I wouldnt how ever say they are better than Klipsch, or the Nautalis 801's that were in the same room.

------------------

Living Room:

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

Got a bit off topic did we,just my 2 cents worth;Martin Logan has it's place and it's not in my living room.My Klipschorns sound more natural,just plain better.Martin Logan sounds great on piano type stuff and classical guitar,but so does Klipsch.Their center channel speaker at a price of $2K+ sounds.....well I'm not here to bash other peoples toys.

What I've sold;KG-4's,Chorus I's,Academy,KG-2.5's.

What I have in my"Klipsch closet";IW-150's,KSB 1.1's,KG-3's.

What gets used as much as posible is listed below,cwm35.gif

------------------

Main HT:'77 Klipschorns w/ALKs,'75 Heresy center,modified with,K-Horn sqauwker & AA network.

KSP-S6 at sides 2 KSP-S6's rear.

Denon AVR-3801

2 Denon POA-2800 200X2

1 driving the Horns

1 driving the bi-wired Heresy center.

2 DIY 12"4ohm subs,Carver A500x 400 watts per ch.feed.

1 12" powered sub(behind the couch)feed from the surrounds pre-outs.

Sony DVP-C650D.Dish Echostar 4700 w/DD

JVC S7600U S-VHS

Pioneer CDL-D501 laser

Music in "Direct"only!

DH Labs T-14 speaker wire to the front 3.

Room size;15.5 X 23 opening into dining room.

Bed room HT:KSB 2.1 mains,SC-1,SS-1's,2 SW 8 II subs.

2 Heresy's for music.

Denon AVR-2800,Dishnetwork,Sony SLV-975HF VCR,Panasonic DVD-RV31.

I am truly a Klipsch fan, I heard my first pair (Heresy's) when I was around 15 at a friends house around 1977. A local store Audio Systems, Laredo, TX had the whole Heritage line on the floor available to listen to, they played all of them right up to the K'horn I was blown away. I think they were running them off a 25 watt per channel amp. I have owned many pairs of Klipsch over the years but I have finally settled with what you see listed below. I have found a La Scala for a center channel for $250 and the KV-4 will assume rear center duty. I can understand the comment about I don't have a home stereo I have a disco/night club pro set up. I have measured in excess of 119db with my DBX 14/10 Eq without even pushing it hard. You have never heard such detail come from DVD's and CD's I get disappointed if I go to the theater for a movie. Yes I am hooked, I love Klipsch speakers and will surely own more when I get a larger home. My next step is to get some of Al's Crossover's for my Belle's. Click the WWW icon to see my set-up which has since changed already since I posted photo's last. Take care all and best of all enjoy!cwm1.gif

------------------

Sony KP-43T70 43" Television

Denon AVR 3300 A/V Receiver (LF/RF) (LWE-I's w/Motion Feedback - Walnut)

Yamaha M-80 Auto Class A Amplifier (LF/RF) (Belle's - Oak Clear/Cane Grills)

DBX BX-2 2/3/4 Channel Power Amplifier (RR/ARR/LR/ALR) (Heresy II's (Walnut/Cane) & ESS Mini Monitors (Walnut))

DBX MPA-150 Mono Split Spectrum Amplifier © (KV-4 - Black)

Klipsch KSW-15 Powered Subwoofer (2)

Nakamichi DVD-10 DVD/LCD/CD Player

Nakamichi MB-10 Music Bank CD Changer

Technics SL-DL5 DDLinear Tracking Turntable

JVC HR-S7500U SVHS Video Cassette Recorder

VC3 Deluxe Video Clarifier

DBX 400XG Program Route Selector

DBX 120X-DS Subharmonic Synthesizer/Crossover

DBX 3BX-DS 3-Band Dynamic Range Controller (2) (1-LC) (1-RC)

DBX 14/10 14-Band Computerized Equalizer/RTA Analyzer/SPL Meter

Panamax 1000+ Surge Protector/Line Conditioner

Sega Dreamcast w/3 Controllers & VMU's/S-Video Output

Bedroom

Yamaha RX-900U Receiver

Panasonic DVD-A120U DVD/CD Player

Sony SLV-740HF Hi-Fi VCR

BBE - ARS Audio Recovery System

A/D/S L300E Mini Speakers

GE 20" Television

Yes Jim the Klipsch museum of the future. I think Paul will even be impressed!!! You will all be allowed in for free, but I may have to charge everyone else. How many millions do you think my dream will cost? Don't hold your breath...probably will never happen. LOL why not dream?

------------------

Sony Trinitron 27" TV

Yamaha RX-V1000

Sony Tape

Sony CDP-CE345 Cd player

RF-3 Main

RC-3 Center

SS-1 Rear

Hey storm relax!

What are you running for a system?

Bensilb, cool let me know if that dream does come true!

Martin logans are good looking, honestly ive never heard them!

Been with Klipsch scince 1990!

All i know is i have plenty of sound here, and more than needed, bass, mid, tweeter, in one package!!

No need for anything external!

I am going to put a set of quintets in my van, speaking of car speakers!

Havent got them yet, there on the way!

Wife bought them for me on e-bay!

Wouldnt it be neat to have actual Klipsch headphones!!

Well, enjoy your speakers, whether Kipsch, or in storms case, i dont know what he has, everyone has there own taste, and choices!

Also, storm i would not degrade what you have!!

All i know is, im happy with my choice!

Jim

main system: martin logan ascents

adcom 1400 pre-amp

rotel 971 hdcd cd player

rel acoustics storm 3 subwoofer

technics dvda-10 dvd-audio

b&k st1400 amp

transparent and aurelle dynamics rca

straight wire speaker cable

rca 38" 16x9 hdtv

secondary: denon 2800 reciever

b&w dm601 s2

playstation 2 dvd/cd/gaming

straight wire speaker cable

pc 1 monsoon mm-2000

pc 2 klipsch v.400

Storm,

Omission from Stereophile's list of recommended components doesn't mean squat. Please don't let other people tell you what sounds better. Don't base your purchases or opinions on what a bunch of Journalists write (or anyone else for that matter). Go out there and let your ears decide.

I think Martin Logan makes some very nice sounding speakers. They can be very impressive. They do some things very well. But they don't do everything well. No speaker does. The same applies to Klipsch products -- they do some things very well, but they don't do everything well. There is a trade-off with every one out there.

A speaker choice is very much a personal preference. Some people like a certain kind while others like something different. What this means is that some people find a certain speaker's trade-off less important than another's trade-off. You pick the qualities you like best, and the deficiencies you can tolerate. Martin Logans are very detailed, smooth, and airy. Klipsch speakers (the BIG Heritage models) are very dynamic, full, and clean. These differences in strength's and weaknesses and differences in people's tastes accounts for why different speakers are sold on the market. Another reason for buying a certain type is that some people just have never heard any of the really good stuff (this is the reason that Bose makes the most money).

You will find several people on this board that have owned some of the "more renowned" (i.e. Stereophile recommended, etc.) and expensive speakers, and have come to settle on Klipsch as the speaker that provides the most musical experience to them. On a personal note, several months back I received an offer from someone to trade a set of ML speakers for my Cornwalls. The ML's had a higher "used" value, but he was willing to trade me even for my Cornwalls. After owning ML's, this particular person decided they weren't for him and wanted some big Klipsch horn speakers instead (we didn't make the deal btw). I wouldn't mind owning ML myself, but they would be more of a second system for me -- more of a change-of-pace from my Klipsch system -- something that I would use when I wanted something a little bit more mellow.

It really all comes down to taste. No two people hear the same. In fact, your left ear hears differently than your right ear! My personal OPINION is that Martin Logan is not superior to Klipsch. I would own ML if I felt that way! I prefer my system to sound as close to live music as possible (that is afterall the real goal of high-fidelity), and to me dynamics are the most critical component of that formula. Horn speakers (Klipsch or other brands) cannot be beaten when it comes to dynamics. Horns just have a physical advantage that cannot be matched by other designs. I think that horn speakers are going to make a comeback with the audio world, and that has probably already started.

If you have never heard a set of Khorns properly setup and with good equipment, then you are in for a wonderful experience if you ever get that opportunity. If you have, and still don't like them, then you are just someone that has different taste. And that's fine. But please don't come here and tell us that Klipsch speakers are not all that great. There are 6000 registered members (and counting) on this forum that will tell you otherwise. That's a lot more people than all of those magazines put together have.

Happy listening to you on whatever system you may have. Don't forget, it's the music that matters!

P.S. You might want to give Listener Magazine a try. They are more of a no-nonsense magazine (i.e., they don't equate price to sound quality) and do consider Klipsch to be a quality product.