Read this if you have a cat:

kenratboy

Last night, our cat got really excited because there was another cat outside, unknown to my mom, and when she tried to kick our cat out of the way to get outside, the other cat split, and our cat freaked (but still normal cat behavior), and attacked her foot. He (the cat) bit her (this is about 8 PM), and it started hurting more and more, and at about 4 AM (I got home from work at 2 AM), she comes into my room and tells me we need to go to the hospital (where she works), in about 8 hours, the bite just got out of control! Anyway, she is totally fine, and drugged 3.gif, but it is amazing what a freaking house cat can do to you. I guess Kimono Dragon's are not that big of a deal compared to a cat.

Anyone else have similar experiences? Again, we have had this cat for a year, and he just freaked out because there was another cat about 10 feet away from him (a stray that is aggressive) and wanted to get outside at all costs. He's still a good kitty 1.gif

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a buddy that had a girlfriend, her little baby, and a kitten living with him. The kitten would get up in the baby bed at night and play with the baby, scratching his hands and arms. One morning the kitten and baby had played a lot harder than usual and the baby was badly scratched, arms, hands, and face. My buddy threw the cat out into the back yard and emptied both barrels of a 12 guage on him. Wasn't even enough left to bury. Said he couldn't even find parts. Nothing dumber than a kitten,---------------------cept a red-neck with a 12 guage.

I happen to love cats, and I'd be just as indifferent about spraying that redneck with buckshot as he was about the cat. Anyway, different people have allergies to cats that manifest itself in different ways. Cat saliva has a natural disinfectant in it...hence a cat's licking itself clean and pretty much staying that way. It could be an alergy to that,or perhaps something the cat ate. Cats are very territorial, and normally don't like other cats unless they've grown up together.

wrench - man that story is just offensive. your friend has some serious issues. violence aside, this guy couldn't figure out that he should keep the animal with claws away from his baby?

kenrat - same thing happened to my buddies mom last month!

yep, i have to agree, letting your clawed cat play with your baby isn't exactly the brightest thing to do. they are still an animal, no matter how sweet they are.

ken, a similiar instance of cat gone psycho was when mine was meowing through a window at a stray outside. my wife decides she has had enough from her cat and picks it up off the window sill. bad idea. got some good puncture wounds to show for it.

when a cat gets all hyped about another cat -- don't bother it, it is like they are on pcp and have no idea what in the hell is going on.6.gif

wrench_peddler,

You know what your story makes me sick,first of all I would never call a humanoid(a swine)like this my pal or even admit to know him.This individual is a (I will not use the words here because kids may read this)I would like to se him crushed by a train.And enjoy seening him scream

People who mix cats or dogs with very young children are looking for trouble and are just plain DUMB(retarded).These people should be sterilised and never have kids,because stupidity runns in their veins(genetics).

So if you know your "pal" tell him to seek medical help.The fool needs to be locked

And I am polite here

Here a pic of our cat Big MEOW (now 26lbs).And the home made grill is to prevent him from entering the rooms with audio gear.

Leave this cat with any child and its R.I.Pieces time.he ripped another large male cat seriously two weeks back. 1.gif Eats two large cans per day and will bite if not fed well.Other than that he can also open some doors by turning knobs!

post-3469-13819251542946_thumb.jpg

Your redneck buddy has a long way to go catch up with the sick dude i seen in court a few years back.

I was there trying to plead down a extremly expensive speeding ticket when this " person " ? in front of me on the dockit had to enter a plee for cruelty to animal charges.

You got it !!!!!!! put a cat in the microwave !!!

I felt like waiting outside for him and ------ ? you can well imagine what i wanted to do .

There are a lot of sick f 's out there .

----------------

On 1/21/2004 11:26:37 PM TheEAR wrote:

To put any animal in the microwave should enable the judge to send the guilty to the looney house for life and throw away the key.

Some people are so moronic they should be put to sleep.

----------------

Yes but the tragic part of it all is " They don't need a licence to breed "

We have an inside-only cat that is now about 4 1/2 years old. He is the closest thing I will have to a son. It's not just that he is a sweet creature but it's how he and I can communicate with each other.

There are also some ferule cats (about 7 named Pepe', O.P. (Octo*****), Runt, Spot, Ann, Autumn and Leaf) that hang out on our deck and back porch that are all one big family. Some of them are very friendly (let us pick them up to pet etc...) and if they need medical attention they will sometimes let me help them. The evolving family out there has been hangin' around for about six years now. I'll put two bowls about the size of a cereal bowl out each morning and some water in a shallow plant tray....but no more. If they're still hungry they have to go hunt for it themselves. Although it is a constant battle to keep the opossums and raccoons from eating the food, that just warrants me giving the infiltrating foe animal a taste of 147gr. of Federal Hydroshock in .355 diameter (Sig Sauer P228). I don't feel right using anything larger calibered. Some of the raccoons that come around are huge! One was trying to climb a short wall (about 1 1/2 ft. tall) and was having trouble getting over it. His/Her body was about the size of my thorax (I only weigh 150lbs.). I shot that one once but it didn't stop. I couldnt get off another clean shot so I had to let him/her go. The cat's run but they know that it's not they themselves I'm after.

Lately we've been letting the outside feline-family in the kitchen to play with our Deposition (Depo) Turbo LeMew sometimes and they usually get along pretty well. Just have to keep up on the flea medicines (I had fleas once, not fun).

ear, that cat weighs 26ibs??? 2 cans a day!!

man, that is one deceiving picture, what type of cat is BIG MEOW? maine coon? part bobcat?? whew, i thought our persian was chubby (mostly fur) weighing in at 12 lbs...man-o-man that is more than 2x my kitty!! i have seen fat/blob cats that are sad b/c they are so out of shape, but your monster looks like he's in good shape.

...26lbs, i'm going to have nightmares about that...

Yes that Big Meow weighs TWENTY SIX POUNDS,the vet was in shock how large Meow got.When we purchased him the little thing was under one pound.A tiny ball of furr,could not even reach the sofa when standing on his rear paws.The first day and under a month old the little thing went right away to the litter.After a few weeks he was 4lbs!

The next vet visit the vet added six months to his age because of the size,11lbs in one year of age.Now Big Meow is almost 4 years old and at 26lbs a very large and powerful cat.

The cat was found in a forrest,with other kittens.This is a mix of savage and long haired cat.Is this a main Coon? I cannot say,its a mix of short and long haired cats,that is for sure.Its built is that of a strong main coon.Also his furr is brushed twice/day,hat placed on his head so he does not take a bite.

While I have no particular interest for cats, nonetheless destroying an innocent kitten with a shotgun is nothing short of disgraceful.

In Korea, unfortunately, many people here still practice the centuries old tradition of eating dog. As a US Army liaison with the ROK Army, my duties requires me to frequent ROK Army units. Along the way, I'll see many dog farms that raise the poor animals for one purpose - to sell the meat. While this practice is slowly dying out with the younger generation, there is still sufficient demand for it to keep the market alive. I read somewhere that about 3 million Koreans still eat dog on a regular basis. Since dog meat is more expensive than traditional meat, there will be people more than willing to continue the slaughter to meet the markets demand for it. There is nothing more heart-wrenching than to drive past these farms. They're in metal-mesh cages with no padding, very little protection from the elements, and are beaten alive to "tenderize" the meat before eventually killing it. Several months ago, in a market, I came across a man pulling a mid-sized dog on a leash. The dog, in seeming awareness of its impending doom, pulled and bit at the leash with all its might. For a short moment, the dog looked in our direction and barked at us as if to be calling out for help. Afterwards it turned around and continued to chew on the leash until they were out of sight. Very somber moment in my life. I'll never forget that look. I enjoy Korea very much, but tradition or not, this is one aspect of the country I will never understand or accept.

Here is a net photo very similar to what I saw that day.

dragtode.jpg

rangerSix,

What you saw is nothing compared to what some primitive humans do to animals in some countries!

I was told,and saw pictures of animals being sold still slive without skin,after they batter the animal to death.This makes the meat more tender.

I understand eating an animal after killing it fast,but to torture the beast tells me alot about the IGNORANCE and PRIMITIVE mind commiting these acts.

Some old and barbaric rites are plain STUPID.No matter what the die hard fanatics claim.