Read this if you have a cat:

kenratboy

Guys,

Here's my little buddy. She walked in the house one morning about 14 years

ago and proceeded to have 5 kittens under my living-room chair. Needless to

say, her name is "Mama"! Anyhow, cats have a reputation of curling up on top

of anything worm. Unfortunately that could be a baby. A baby can't breathe

with all that weight on top. That's perfectly innocent and totally deadly!

That's how they got the reputation of "tasking a child breath away". You have

got to keep a cat away from a baby for that reason alone!

Al K.

post-2934-13819251547856_thumb.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the difference between eating cow, horse, chicken, pig, dog, cat, fish, snake, soylent green, except for the taste? Someone's notion of what should be a pet compared to what should be food?

What is the difference between shooting a cat for harming a child and shooting a racoon for eating your pet's food?

Bumper Sticker: If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?

I love animals. I have pets. I eat meat.

We kill the aforementioned animals for the sake of feeding ourselves. We may kill an animal that threatens our lives. Rats and roaches carry disease. If we have a pet, we establish a personal relationship with it and take on a certain responsibility for that animal's well-being. A cat can be kept from harming a baby without having to shoot the cat, especially when there's a good chance that the cat did not mean to seriously hurt the baby. If the cat was feral or even rabid, I could almost agree, but this is extreme.

I thought I had a scan of our remaining cat. Twenty years old and 15 pounds. He is part Siamese and part Tabby. He is the sweetest cat we have ever had. The picture below was taken by a woman I work with. The two get along pretty well as you can see. No Photoshop tricks on this one.

Marvel

ps Ear,

Norwegian Forest Cats are of the 30 pound variety with no fat. Just big cats.

cat_dog.jpg

----------------

On 1/25/2004 5:44:22 PM Marvel wrote:

..."Norwegian Forest Cats are of the 30 pound variety with no fat. Just big cats."

----------------

P30616761.jpg

Our Norwegian Forest Cat Rusty is about 20lbs. and all muscle! He has such soft fur and a big babushka, and the biggest mop-feet I've ever seen on a cat!

post-11084-13819251548886_thumb.jpg

DSCN0463.jpg

Here's our lil' brat Dusty, a 5 year old, caught nibbling on the wood of an antique folding chair. He's a mixture of sorts, with part Siamese in him (his coloring, and his cross-eyes)! He's a runt at only 9lbs. and still squeeks like a kitten.

post-11084-13819251550926_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 1/21/2004 12:26:35 AM wrench_peddler wrote:

I had a buddy that had a girlfriend, her little baby, and a kitten living with him. The kitten would get up in the baby bed at night and play with the baby, scratching his hands and arms. One morning the kitten and baby had played a lot harder than usual and the baby was badly scratched, arms, hands, and face. My buddy threw the cat out into the back yard and emptied both barrels of a 12 guage on him. Wasn't even enough left to bury. Said he couldn't even find parts. Nothing dumber than a kitten,---------------------cept a red-neck with a 12 guage.

----------------

Let's hope the baby or girlfriend never irritate him to the extent that the poor kitten did. What a lowlife! 7.gif You said 'had a buddy' in the past tense. It's always a wise choice to disassociate oneself from people of that 'quality'

----------------

On 1/20/2004 10:04:50 PM kenratboy wrote:

Last night, our cat got really excited because there was another cat outside, unknown to my mom, and when she tried to kick our cat out of the way to get outside, the other cat split, and our cat freaked (but still normal cat behavior), and attacked her foot. He (the cat) bit her (this is about 8 PM), and it started hurting more and more, and at about 4 AM (I got home from work at 2 AM), she comes into my room and tells me we need to go to the hospital (where she works), in about 8 hours, the bite just got out of control! Anyway, she is totally fine, and drugged
3.gif
, but it is amazing what a freaking house cat can do to you. I guess Kimono Dragon's are not that big of a deal compared to a cat.

Anyone else have similar experiences? Again, we have had this cat for a year, and he just freaked out because there was another cat about 10 feet away from him (a stray that is aggressive) and wanted to get outside at all costs. He's still a good kitty
1.gif

----------------

I had a similar experience with my cat 'Spot' about 11 years ago. Spot was a big tom - about 18 lbs in his prime. He was an indoor cat, but he did NOT like other cats coming around the outside of the house. One warm night, with the windows open, another cat was yowling outside, which drew the attention of Spot and my other cat, Lucky. Lucky was the first one to the window, and then something must have 'clicked' in old Spot's head, that associated the strange sound with Lucky, because he tore into Lucky with a real passion. So I kicked him, as gently as possible, away from Lucky, who beat a retreat, and then Spot came after ME, jumping high into the air, and trying to bite me on the hands and arms with a really 'weird', vicious expression on his face. I had jumped up from reading book in hand, so I instinctively 'whapped' him atop the head with the paperback in self-defense - that finally brought him 'back to his senses' and went back to being his normal, quiet self. But I could have easily ended up with a nasty bite or two

And any carnivore's bite is dangerous - decaying meat particles between the teeth and all greatly increase the risk of infection. .

----------------

On 1/25/2004 9:38:54 PM TheEAR wrote:

Jim,

Lots of cats,cats are very playful animals.Your cat Dusty has a funny look in his eyes!

----------------

That's 'cause they're crossed, LOL! He's literally cross-eyed, like many Siamese cats (it's in his genes). The four of 'em are my kids, and I have more respect for them than I do for most people! If anyone ever raised their hand to strike my cats, God forbid! I wouldn't have any hesitation to beat them to a bloody pulp!7.gif There's absolutely no excuse to harm any animal...if you have small children, keep the family pets away until they're older, and teach your children to respect your pets, play gently, and not tug on them, hit them, or hurt them in any way!

Cleve,

Your story is a common happening at my place! BIG Meow is not just agressive he is dengerous to anobody who is too shy or ignores him,this monster took a few bites of family members,strangers and bit me a dozen times! LOL

The beast can jump over 6 foot high when high,last month I did not see Meow asking me for FOOD.Guess what he jumped to bite my right foot,I ducked...he came back to bite my knee!He used both paws to grab my leg in a vise grip and sunk his teeth!

This sounds funny,but this big bastard is lightning fast.All took a fraction of a second.

I had whacked Meow on the cranium.He showed me his teeth and made the noise angry cats make and ran to hide.I had to wash with bacteria killing soap,and disinfect the spot.Two bruises and four holes.

One time he wanted to play and bit my father's arm.Escaped and came back for a bigger bite.After he took a dozen belt hits,was so angry he atempted to jump and bite some more.Another belt and he went under a bed and was hissing there in anger.

Yet at other times he is such a good animal,his savage nature takes over his more calm side.

Jim,

It looked like it,funny look.

Here's my boy Depo (short for Deposition Turbo LeMew). A lady I worked with found him at her apartment doorstep when he was 9 weeks old. He looked up at her saying, "Feed me, hold me, love me...." She couldn't keep him because of allergies but brought him in to the office that morning. I got to work about an hour later and as soon as I walked in she said "Your cat's in the conference room." What cat, I don't have a cat, I CAN'T HAVE A CAT! He was playing with some plastic football toy she brought with her and he was having a blast. I said I would take him home and find a home for him. None of the shelters including ARF (Animal Rescue Fund) had room. So my girlfriend and I decided to keep him till we found someone to take him. A few hours later he was playing in our kitchen and went potty in the box we brought him home in. "O.k." I said, "Your a keeper!"

He and I still play and roughhouse sometimes but he knows it's all in fun.

post-5564-13819251552466_thumb.jpg

Tom,

Its not easy to give away a tiny thing like that.I have pics(Polaroids)of our Meow when he was only a few weeks old.Would have to scan them first.

Some people have no heart to throw these cats in the street.The same people one day die alone and nobody cares for them either.

My cat is Keiko, for jazz pianist Keiko Matsui, 4-5 years old, 17 pounds, female, scared of neighboring cats, wakes me up in the morning, wants fresh food (wet or dry) in her dish, replacement for my favorite pet of all time, 17 year-old Maine Coon Cat, TJ, for Thomas Jefferson, who followed me home one day, before he was weaned, fit in the palm of my hand, had to teach him how to bath himself and meow, learned dozens of tricks, including opening doors, fetching and begging, wasnt afraid of anything, took on a full grown Boxer once3.gif