I am thinking of writing a book....

maxg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

been there, done that....and my advice(remember that free advice is worth what you pay for it)is to ENJOY it while you can. it may sound weird because you are tired, trying to balance everything, etc, but these days will be gone ohhhh so fast. i've got five, two in high school and three in college.......but it still seems like it was only a short time ago that we brought them home from the hospital as newborns. i thought i was going nuts when they were little; wish i knew then that i couldn't control any of it and that i was just along for the ride (and to pay the bills). stuff you scream about or pull your hair out about now will make you laugh in a few short years.......better if you can laugh now like max and the dr/vomit incident.....but 'tis always easier to laugh when you are not the recipient of the bodily fluids exiting any orifice.

ah, life...embrace it today guys....'cuz ain't no telling what we're going to find tomorrow.

don't get me wrong , love my kids and my life, but damn it goes by so quickly. also, just to give you something to look forward to, remember the old saying: little girls, little problems; big girls, bigger problems. (hormonal roller coasters, horny boys-obviously a redundancy-knocking at your door or lurking in the shadows, stories you hear when the girls are home for the holidays and talking excitedly with each other thinking you are in the other room, etc, boyfriends with tatoos and metal in their lips, ears and who knows where else.......you get the idea).point being, enjoy 'em while you can, and try to protect them from some of the bad stuff out there--but prepare them for it too. sorry if i got carried away, patrick

Nice post Patrick,

There is a light at the end of this tunnel - isnt there? (and not an on-coming train I hope)!!

On a related topic - how loud can a baby (22 months) snore? I am going to get my SPL meter ready tonight - just want to know if I should notify the Guiness Book of Records first....

----------------

On 1/27/2004 6:55:57 PM kuisis wrote:

I know this is way off topic, but My friend is having her first child next week. Any ideas of a thoughtful gift for her and the baby?

----------------

Tom,

Go to Hallmark and buy one of those Mom, Dad and Baby diaries with places for pictures, special dates such as first words, crawl for first time, etc. They carry some really nice ones. We just bought one for some friends who are expecting and they really liked it (or pretended to).

Max,

Can I get a signed first edition? That's a book I'd definitely read. What a hoot! Make sure they do an audio version also. I have a long commute.3.gif

Thanks Gary,

Sadly you are the only person who has expressed an interest in the book so it wont be rushing to the top of my to-do list anytime soon.

Did you know the ancient Romans maintained a room in their houses called the vomitariam. During long feasting sessions they would go there - puke - and then return to the meal (first recorded cases of Bulemia perhaps?).

I always though the idea of a room in the house dedicated to chucking-up was revolting. Now it seems like a reasonable idea and the carpets agree with me.

Anyway the good news is that the regurgitation is ebbing from junior (just one yesterday) so all we are left with now is the cough and the snot which also seem to be waning a little.

Who knows - by the weekend this may all be history ....and we can get back to digging in the garden with these strange round black spades of daddy's she has found....(do not ask!!)

BK,

6:30 in the morning and you are logged in??? That is worrying I would say, more so than a puking child.

3D,

Yup - she found a record and spent a day walking around the garden playing with it - record in one hand, cover in the other (inner cover lost forever).

Fortunately it wasnt one of my classical records - they are too high up for her to reach. The rest are being moved now.

Max,

Yeah I've heard of the vomitoriums. I just don't know how they could go back and eat more after going into one.

My son puked on the front steps of the White House when he was a baby. My sister-in-law worked for Reagan and we had a private tour set up. As we approached the front door, he lifted his head from my shoulder had barfed all over the White House steps and the tour guide's shoes. A classic memory only my son has forgotten.6.gif