I am thinking of writing a book....

maxg

"Being an audiophile dad - or - how to spent a lot of money on a stereo and never hear it."

what do you think - a best seller or what?

Highlights from the weekend:

Fill Baby - baby empties (times I dont know how many - say 20, from both ends).

Washing machine now running 24X7 and getting distinctly noisier (worrying that). If there is one thing worse than sitting listening to your washing machine in your house it is sitting in a Laundromat listening to their washing machines!!!

Heard a couple of my new records - they may be brilliant and they may be dreadful - its hard to tell - too much noise in the house.

No sleep - baby now permanent resident in our bed (I know - not a good idea) - but she cant breathe properly (I am a snot expert too now). Babies humidifier on 24X7 as well - I ache everywhere - its like a brazilian rain forrest in the bedroom - water is running down the windows!!

Anyone know best way to remove snot from vinyl? (her best snot shot yet!)

Didnt leave the house from friday till this morning - thank God for work - and to think I used to dread Mondays - now I cant wait.

Sunday was a nightmare. Baby watched Tom and Jerry video through 3 times and Greek children's songs through innumerable times. Highlight was playing in the bedroom with her lego (repeat vinyl question but for lego blocks).

Clean clothes now at a premium. I was real close to coming to work in a full Tuxedo and dress shirt.

One of the dogs ate a bird on Saturday. Bits of feather and bird all over the place. Missing bits of bird made re-appearance on Sunday on front porch - lovely.

Other than that - life as usual. What a great hobby I seem to remember this being...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Max you're too much!!!! LMAO9.gif9.gif9.gif

Not at your babies illness, I hope she gets well very soon, but by your style. Remember:

When you're dancin' with your honey and your nose gets kinda runny, you might think it's funny, but it'snot!6.gif

Rick

edit: As for that album ebay! Description:

Very good condition, no scratches but it'snot perfect.

Thanks guys....

Quick update from the wife. Nanny took baby to the doctor this morning. Apparently its just a virus so nothing to worry about - just keep an eye on her. Nanny thanked Doctor. Baby puked all over her..

Tee hee - I dont know why that is funny - it has just cracked me up for an hour or so. I must be tired - Im still giggling now.

Anyway Doctor seemed to take it well enough (I imagine its not the first time its happened). Will doubtless get the blow by blow this evening.

Max, you have me laughing.9.gif

Liam is a little anemic now that he is moving on to real people food, so we give him liquid iron to keep him healthy. He is healthy, real healthy, and proves it five minutes after Mom leaves every day.

The doctor said it might make him constipated. Don't have the slightest where she read or heard that one!

Liam also has one of the strongest right arms of any baby I've ever seen. He was mad at me the other night, as I wouldn't let him feed himself and make a mess. Mom pours the applesauce out on the tray and lets him dredge all his food through it as it makes the journey to his mouth...across his chest, arms, clothes, hair and face. Daddy did try to be more civilized, but...

Liam erupted in frustration at me last night so I gave him his spoon and poured the applesauce on his tray. He promptly excavated a full load, and launched it. It soared gracefully through the air, with the majority of the sauce splattering on the new Mahogany speaker grill, and the spoon gouging a minor but visible double dent on the top surface. I did a REAL QUICK reality check and shrugged my shoulders.

Live, learn, and get through things with what grace you can muster2.gif And keep her away from the turntable!

Dee,

I couldn't find any reference online to the "Jamaican snot extrication" technique, but suffice it to say, Kleenex is not used. Did you go to step 3?

Max and Dave,

You're bringing back fond memories, for sure. Do we need to start a separate thread for "Famous Poop Stories?" I've got a few...

I once started to write a book. Title was "How to get away with Murder". It was going to be a full size book. When you opened it up all the pages contained nothing but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.$$$$$$$. This was right after the OJ Simpson trial.

hoggy

Nice addition to the thread Tom.

I think we are going to win the "world's most disgusting thread" prize at this rate.

Finally got to listen to some music last night:

Mendelssohn's Elijah. Its too weird - an Opera in English!!!

Still cant understand a word though - phew - that would spoil the whole effect!!

Verdi's Rigoletto - with a very young Pavarotti (less than 200lbs) and Joan Sutherland amongst others. Wow!!! Staggering production - will post more on this.

Dvorak's Violin Concerto - first time I have come across this piece - great stuff - needs more time before I get back with proper commments.

And finally 2 copies of Verdi's La Traviata - both in very poor condition - will try cleaning them - there are great sonics lurking around there somewhere beneath the hiss and the pops.

Max - I feel your pain. Really can't listen to the RF-7's much until the daughter is napping or tucked in for the night.

One the bright side, however, the RB-5's get a fair amount of play on the system in the basement. Meg loves to dance, either on her own or with daddy, when I put on any music with a beat. So, I'll throw a record on, and she'll immediately go to the top of the stairs with a big smile on her face, and bounce back and forth to the beat of the music. Then she'll come find daddy and ask me to dance! 1.gif