Legal experts, need help

MichaelShaffer

Somebody I know recently bought something on ebay. After the auction was over and he had already bought the item, Ebay cancelled the auction because it said it may be illegal (copyright infringment..) and not to complete the transaction. The item came in the mail and he wants to send it back. What would be the best way to send it back so that if he ever got in legal trouble he could prove he sent it back? Certified mail? Fedex?

Thanks, any help much appreciated

Mike

Yet again, this is not a legal bulletin board. Not that I would even take legal advice from a bulletin board focused around legal issues. Anyone who would take serious legal information from strangers over the internet, has bigger problems than an ebay transaction. He should consult an attorney if he is really serious.

Mike,

My suggestion would be to take it to a shipping store where they can document the exact description of the item on a manifest, have them write the tracking number on the manifest, and ask for delivery confirmation.

He should keep the manifest and send you a copy.

If it is that serious of a case a lawyer should be involved as to protect you and him.

Keep the item !!!!!!

No one can prove what he got in the mail or the fact it even arrived, unless it was registered mail.

I can send you a bag of dog sh@t yet tell the goverment i sent you copies of the plates for stamping 20 dollar bills. You got the dog sh@t , not the plates !!

Just because someone says they sent you something does not mean they can prove it or that the item arrived.

Don't let others scare your freind so easy . point is " PROVE IT "

I encountered that problem trying to sell a game. Ebay cancelled right after it ended so I didnt get to contact seller. I got the same type letter from ebay, but the next week, I saw the same game for sell on ebay. It went all the way through and I contacted the seller asking him questions but ebay didnt bring the hammer down on him for some reason. Have seen several more of the same game for sell too since.

I wouldnt worry about it if it is software. Just tell em, if they ask (fat chance they will), that you sent it back to the seller. I think they just send those letters to make the people who complain happy.

Was the item software??

----------------

On 2/4/2004 11:07:53 PM Bartdude wrote:

I encountered that problem trying to sell a game. Ebay cancelled right after it ended so I didnt get to contact seller. I got the same type letter from ebay, but the next week, I saw the same game for sell on ebay. It went all the way through and I contacted the seller asking him questions but ebay didnt bring the hammer down on him for some reason. Have seen several more of the same game for sell too since.

I wouldnt worry about it if it is software. Just tell em, if they ask (fat chance they will), that you sent it back to the seller. I think they just send those letters to make the people who complain happy.

Was the item software??

----------------

So what was the game?

It is a Bose bullshoot detector. Bose has hired the Mafiaso to get it back. Do what Fini says - blow it up.

Seriously, if you have to ask the Klipsch forum about your (friend's) legal matter, you(r friend) knew better and should not have pursued it in the first place. EBay fraud across state lines can turn into a federal felony without any effort at all. The real question is why the toothpicks did Pandora's Box get opened in the first place. Stay away from the illegal stuff next time11.gif

----------------

On 2/4/2004 11:07:53 PM Bartdude wrote:

Was the item software??

----------------

Yea, I'm praying for my friend that Ebay deleted it before the third party saw it.

"So what was the game?"

FFXI. got sucked into DAOC about 3 years ago and finally burnt out of that (no sleep and not much "hubba hubba" "wink wink"). Thought I'd give FFXI a try but I didnt care for it. Guess Square wants peps not only to pay $13 a month, but not resell it if they dont like it. Oh well, must say the "hubba hubba, wink wink" has been better since the gaming stopped.9.gif

Of course now I go out more and spend way more $$$ now but whatever makes her happy 2.gif