FRAUDULENT ADVERTISING??

Gilbert

The advertised veneer is obviously mis-represented. As for the PW initials, I don't beleive it. But I am curious though about the staples on the inspection lables.

I am a relatively new Heritage owner, so I can't say this with positive certainty, But I don't ever remember seeing a pair of Heritage series speakers with stapled inspection stickers. Too suspicious for me.

I think just some incorrect information. Staples are not uncommon - my 86 KG4s have staples in the corners of each label. The finish indicated on both labels is Walnut Oil, as opposed to the ad copy which says teak on one. I don't believe there is any connection between the PW initials and Mr. Klipsch (who's initials would be PWK -- do you ever leave off the initial of your last name when initialling items?). My labels have initials in the corner, too, but I can't read them. And, I think a BIN of $1500 clearly indicates the presence of hallucinogens in the seller's body. 9.gif

----------------

On 2/8/2004 10:47:43 AM Gilbert wrote:

... But I am curious though about the staples on the inspection lables.

I am a relatively new Heritage owner, so I can't say this with positive certainty, But I don't ever remember seeing a pair of Heritage series speakers with stapled inspection stickers. Too suspicious for me.

----------------

I have a set of Forte's (1988) and Forte II's (1990) and they BOTH have stapled inspection tags. Both the Forte II's have "similar script initials" in the same place (lower left) underneath the staples ... They look like "CW" to me however!

PW was not Paul Klipsch. The Initals are not Pauls.

All the speakers from that vintage have staples that I have see anyhow.

The tags clearly say Type FOR WO, meaning Forte Walnut Oil finish. The pics look like Walnut oil, very dryed out oil finish though, they need some TLC. Im guessing they are faded differently over time, possibly one was in sunlight for years. Where he gets mohagany and teak from ??? They were not finished that way from the factory.

This guy is dreaming if he thinks he can get $1500 for that set. $600 extreme tops for a faded set.

JM

It is an "RW" I have the very same thing in the very same spot on the label of my '89 Heresy II's in the same handwriting. My labels are not stapled on however I have seen this on Klipsch speakers before. I wrote the seller to let him know. The reason he thinks the finishes are different is since one is sunbleached (grill and all) the other is not. They are both in Walnut Oil (WO) as indicated by the label.