The best Chorus II are in the Heartland

sprocket

Damn me and my 2 vegas bachelor parties, 1 Santa Barbara wedding (not mine but 12 hour drive each way - long $$ weekend) and having to take the wife and kids to hawaii later this year...= no more buying for me for a while.8.gif8.gif

I gotta stop looking at ebay or Im gonna go crazy with desire!!

I was in talking with the seller at some length, seems like a real straight shooter. When he says perfect condition I believe him. These are the real deal and may bring a corresponding high price.

Rob, The grain structure is similar to "tiger maple" with wavy lines at 90 degrees to the grain. This is unusual in maple and to my knowledge very rare in oak. Sought after by fine furniture makers. The seller reports this feature is matched on both left and right sides of both speakers. Someone should stroke a big check for these.

Reg

frz-

Yeah, I'd have to "relegate" one of the Forte IIs for center channel duty, but it would be one hell of a system. I just don't think I'd have the room for a pair of Chorus IIs for back center/surround. My plan is to mount the KG 1.2s from the ceiling and point down towards the listener. Should still be pretty good sounding system. But that sure is a purdy pair.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 2/10/2004 11:42:26 AM Frzninvt wrote:

Yes, very nice Chorus II Oak Oil's with a stunning agressive grain. JHawk - Wow 6 channels of Chorus II's in a HT would be stunning - Got Bass - You Will!

----------------

Try 6 cornwalls, that will have BASS too, throw in a SVS B4-plus with the 2500 watt crown K2 for good measure, bass will be NO Problema11.gif BTW Hope you ust 6 chorus, and shake your home down too3.gif

----------------

On 2/10/2004 12:31:42 PM smilin wrote:

Try 6 cornwalls, that will have BASS too, throw in a SVS B4-plus with the 2500 watt crown K2 for good measure, bass will be NO Problema
11.gif

----------------

Steve - buddy, if you want to hear some bass you have to come up here and listen to my SVS - Khorn HT sometime.

JM

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 2/10/2004 5:45:22 PM j-malotky wrote:

----------------

On 2/10/2004 12:31:42 PM smilin wrote:

Try 6 cornwalls, that will have BASS too, throw in a SVS B4-plus with the 2500 watt crown K2 for good measure, bass will be NO Problema
11.gif

----------------

Steve - buddy, if you want to hear some bass you have to come up here and listen to my SVS - Khorn HT sometime.

JM

----------------

When your right, YOUR right2.gif When I get done with the current BS im going thru I will be coming back towards madtown with a stp at JM'S place for a mini party3.gif

Reg-

Yeah, probably nots. But it sure sounds fun. Besides, if the basement finishing goes well, I'll have 3 Chorus IIs up front, with the Forte IIs as surrounds. Don't think I'll have room for floor standers as back center, so the KG 1.2s should fit the bill well. Nice to dream. Maybe it will be done by the time you are out here in Oct.

I sure hope someone from the board can get these...they are beautiful!

Yep Smilin9.gif Your right 6 Cornwalls would surely be awesome, I have only had mine a couple of months now and I love them. I thought I was really going to miss the La Scala's that they replaced but I find myself liking them better. I love the vertical placement of the horns and the fact that they are closer to ear level than the La Scala mid/high drivers were. The perceived bass response is much more noticeable now with the Corns in the rear. Having a pair of '62 vertical Cornwall II's with the original clear Klipsch name plates is sure nice too. I would have liked to have had Oak Oil Corns to match the Khorns but my Heresy II's are Walnut so they look good together. Someone is going to get a killer pair of Chorus II's.

I did take a look see, scratched my head, and passed. That pattern is not uncommon in quartersawn oak, but is incredibly stunning in veneer! The $ these are commanding would allow anyone to get some prime exotic veneer for heritage, which is the route I will be going with my black Khorns. I don't need more speakers at this point.

I hope these end up with someone who has some well lit, open room so they can plop these down front and center. They really deserve to be showcased.

----------------

On 2/13/2004 5:00:46 PM jhawk92 wrote:

Well, bidding has closed. Winning bid was $1297.02, from jabroni22. Pretty fierce bidding war for these for sure. Hope someone from the forum got them and can drive to pick them up to save them from the UPS/FedEx mis-handlers.

----------------

Man o man, Chorus stock has gone up. I don't ever recall seeing a pair sell as high as that on Ebay.

They are a nice pair for sure, but that is a bunch of bucks. If the buyer pays for shipping on top of that... oy!