What is a nice preamp?

Klipsch RF7

If you wanted a touch of retro elan, you could squeeze a martini cocktail in the right side with the appropriate colored swizzle stick. Way cool!9.gif

And under examples of the guerrilla marketing campaign, you could have a photo series of dogs and cats lying about, passed out in an obvious party room, with the martini glasses strewn about. "If you choose to run with the big dogs, you better..."

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mark,

I just got an email from someone who said they didn't think the color scheme deal on the Blueberry was going to fly. I didn't really understand what they were talking about, until I went back and looked at the graphic. I thought the Blueberry background, and the logo were part of a backdrop, and the actual preamp was the graphic in middle (black, with the knobs). If the entire graphic in the picture you posted is the entire unit, you MAY end up with some problems moving any significant quantity. I'm not that particular, but I do prefer the look of the inset, over the whole graphic.

I think offering face plate options a wise move, especially in the general marketplace outside the Klipsch Forum. While the colorful plate may have a MAC computer charm about it and float many a boat, it will likely be far more a taste issue, while the silver or black faceplate would be more classic and transcend any style changes. You can have it both ways. Too me, this makes the smartest marketing sense given the nature of the product and the price bracket. I tend to side withe the less is more approach with face plates and almost prefer NO MARKINGS at all. To me, simplicity transcends styling changes. Then again, there is nothing like a bit of funk to throw in to add character. And your stock character plate with the option for simple classic is good. I remember on your old unit you had colored knobs and even colored plastic covers on the swithes. I dont think losing this was a bad move.

Then again, I am a guy that takes pains in peeling off dealer applied pinstripes on my cars or any extra decals, badges, or superfluous filigree. I even went so far as to turn the face plate inside out with my CREEK PASSIVE, for the total blank look. I may get a hankering for "green" later...

Good luck on the run. Looks like some serious thought went into this. I hope to sample one myself as an all-in-one box solution is getting rare these days. I assume this will be a MM stage, right?

creeked.jpg

kh

I, too like Mark's option to offer a traditional brushed weenie faceplate, or the unique, colorful, this-is-not-your-father's-tube-preamp front panel. And I'm glad to hear that it won't cost any more for one panel or the other, definately a great option for both camps of traditional consumers and the funky, look-at-me new age consumers!

Kelly: "Then again, I am a guy that takes pains in peeling off dealer applied pinstripes on my cars or any extra decals, badges, or superfluous filigree. I even went so far as to turn the face plate inside out with my CREEK PASSIVE, for the total blank look. I may get a hankering for "green" later..."

Damn, and I thought I was the only one who also peels off those crummy pinstripes on all my vehicles (except on my '86 VW Jetta GL; they were actually painted on). And for your Creek passive...did you flip it over inside-out? Looks more like a PhotoShop 7.0 retouch to me, heh!9.gif

----------------

On 2/15/2004 4:17:44 AM mobile homeless wrote:

Then again, I am a guy that takes pains in peeling off dealer applied pinstripes on my cars or any extra decals, badges, or superfluous filigree. I even went so far as to turn the face plate inside out with my CREEK PASSIVE, for the total blank look. I may get a hankering for "green" later...

kh
----------------

You think that's bad? I remove the stickers from my toothpaste, deodorant, and just about anything I can. Drives Shannon crazy when she wants to replace the toothpaste with the same kind, but can't remember what she bought last time.

----------------

On 2/14/2004 11:19:42 AM Georg Friedrich Handel wrote:

Mdeneen,

Ill wait and sit back till your Preamp is available. I want one with at least 4 RCA inputs in it. On for my computer,one for SACD player, DVD player, cd changer.
1.gif
----------------

What is the connection from the preamp to your PC for? Just curious?

Thanks

knobRLT3825_R3825R.jpg

On your plain-jane front panel, you could use some brushed aluminum or brass knobs similar in design to this (I've got a '70s-style knob fetish...I can't stand cheap plastic or painted knobs found on most components today; totally yuck-o)!

post-11084-13819252180664_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 2/21/2004 11:03:31 PM Georg Friedrich Handel wrote:

----------------

On 2/21/2004 10:44:41 PM Piranha wrote:

What is the connection from the preamp to your PC for? Just curious?

Thanks

----------------

It is for streaming audio, MP3's and watching movie clips
1.gif

----------------

Hmmmm

----------------

On 2/22/2004 12:36:23 PM Piranha wrote:

Georg,

So, do you use RCA's from your sound card to your preamp? What kind of sound card are you using? Sorry for all the Q&A and thanks for the response.

----------------

No problem, ask all the questions you want, a stupid question is one thats never asked. God knows I bug the hell out of a couple individuals with my constant nagging questions about every little thing I read or find out1.gif

I have a M-Audio Revolution 24bit/192khz sound professional soundcard. It has digital RCA out, and support for multichannel and stereo. I am going to run a stereo mini-din plug to left and right RCA and plug those into the preamp and switch to it when im ready to output music or what not from the computer.

This is the link to the card I have, its a very sweet sounding card on MP3's which is what I mainly use it for.1.gif See the little green plug in the center, that is the front left and right output, just run a single mini DIN to rca plug converter wire and your set!

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=products.main&ID=0ed0405324041d8025a955aa6ae2db1c

revolution_7.1.jpg