that's on big A$$ sticky up there!

BigBusa

----------------

On 2/16/2004 6:19:04 PM BigBusa wrote:

it is klipschs site and they can do whatever they want but you have to admit the forums wouldn't exist if it weren't for the members ...who are being inconvenienced by that gigantic sticky.

----------------

It's not that big of an inconvenience all you have to do is scroll down a little bit further.

----------------

On 2/16/2004 6:00:00 PM jazman wrote:

----------------

On 2/16/2004 5:37:16 PM paulparrot wrote:

It's Klipsch's site and they can do what they want. I'm surprised they put up with as much as they do.

----------------

Especially from you.

Klipsch out.

----------------

Jealousy rears its ugly head again.

----------------

On 2/16/2004 6:33:12 PM DeanG wrote:

You still here Edmond -- I thought they banned you.:)

Guess I have to get that website built and spam everyone. :)

----------------

Whoa there Dean. I'm innocent! Innocent!

I however do grow weary of the veiled self righteousness proclamations from the squawker population. Sometimes it's just too much to bear.

Klipsch out.

you missed the thread over on general questions about def tech speakers.....

it almost seemed like there was a def tech salesman preaching about the virtues of his speakers ..... over and over..... and then preaching some more.....

i accused of him of being a def tech salesman..... and the next day we get a huge "user policy change".... i'm not saying that it was the result of that particular thread.... maybe just coincidence.... or maybe not....

i do like the part about condensing some very long signatures......

1.gif

----------------

On 2/16/2004 9:11:56 PM minn_male42 wrote:

i do like the part about condensing some very long signatures......

----------------

Indeed. One of the reasons I removed my sigline is because I couldn't figure out how to do the compressed text - I found my own sig obnoxious - can't imagine what everyone else thought! 14.gif

----------------

On 2/16/2004 10:22:51 PM jt1stcav wrote:

I don't really care one way or the other anymore. And I like my sig just the way it is, thank you very much!
11.gif
----------------

jim,

your signature is great and presented so it doesn't cover the whole screen when you are scrolling down reading threads.....

some signatures were full of empty spaces and just very long for no reason....

1.gif

----------------

On 2/16/2004 10:22:51 PM jt1stcav wrote:

I don't really care one way or the other anymore. And I like my sig just the way it is, thank you very much!
11.gif

----------------

I like my sig just the way it is also.

The only "banner" that I can recall seeing was that somebody had an SVS banner in thier sig block. I didn't think it was obnoxious or bad, but it could be one reason why the "policy change". When people ask about components and the like, I've recommended non-Klipsch stuff on here.

I am a big fan of B&K components, which I know competes directly against thier Aragon stuff. However, not everybody can afford Aragon, as well as not having an Aragon dealer nearby (the latter being my case, but B&K was readily available, and I think it is just as good for the price - may not be as pretty, but the performance is right up there, in my opinion). I've also pointed people to SVS myself also. The Klipsh RSW series subs are nice, but they tend to run on the pricy side. The newer RW series subs is definitly a step up from the KSW series, but to be honost, I think the SVS performs just as well, if not better, for the same price (but would love to see/hear a direct A/B comparison, but it seems nobody has done such a thing).

I wonder if these new "rules" will prevent us from recommending non-Klipsh components if they are a direct competitor. The way I am reading it is that say SVS themselves (I know Tom Vandohol (sp), the 'V' in SVS, does post sometimes on this forum), tries to actually sell thier product on here.