Have a favorite Lyric?

Joe Shmoe

I almost forgot, two favorite lyrics on the top of my head right now. "If you were a pill,I'd take a handfull at my will,and knock you back with something sweet and strong". Number two," Hike up your skirt a little more,and show the world to me". If you want to guess, the second one is pretty easy. The first not so, but a great song nonetheless.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sargent D is coming and your on his list. Mayby not the best lyrics but some bone crunching guitar. I used to listen to the old Anthrax when Joey sang. I really dug medusa, and among the living defenitely their best. How about M.O.D. some hilarious lyrics with good guitar. Ah suicidal tendancies-who are you calling crazy? you wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating fruit loops on your front porch. Megadeth- what do you mean i don't pay my bills why do you think i'm broke. What do you mean i don't believe in GOD i talk to him everyday. Suicidal tendancies- pledge your allegence. Their are so many from here and their good memories. I was listening to some old school Savatage and accept and warrior soul last night. Jamming the klipsch's

Wheelman... nice stuff! Dogs on leads..., we're bound to fail, metal heart.. damn, now theres some jammin! LOL.. they had the worst frontman though, UDO...poor guy I wonder if he ever got any groupies LOL.

Crapola John.. I know I am going to kick myself when I find these out but I give up, I have searched and searched.. ack!

SDfan.. the 2nd is DMB, I remember hearing that for the first time and thinking..."did I just hear that right?"9.gif

One more thing... Todd, didn't Maiden have the best artwork... man Eddie ruled back then! I can remember having one of those door posters where it looked like Eddie was breaking through LOL

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER

Soon the Gypsy Queen in a glaze of Vaseline

Will perform on guillotine

What a scene! What a scene!

Next upon the stand will you please extend a hand

to Alexander's Ragtime Band

Roll up! Roll up! Roll up!

See the show!

Performing on a stool we've a sight to make you drool

Seven virgins and a mule

Keep it cool. Keep it cool.

We would like it to be known the exhibits that were shown

were exclusively our own,

All our own. All our own.

Come and see the show! Come and see the show! Come and see the show!

Those are GREAT lyrics!

----------------

On 3/1/2004 12:20:47 AM wheelman wrote:

Ah suicidal tendancies-who are you calling crazy? you wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating fruit loops on your front porch.

----------------

How about...We'll take cash, we'll take checks, we'll take credit cards, we'll take jewelry, we'll take yo' mammas dentures, they got gold in 'em. Or...If you can only send a dollar or two, there ain't a hell of a lot I can promise to you. But if you wants to see Heaven's Door, Make out a check for Five Hundred Dollars or more.

Those Guys have some of the best lyrics.

Went to School at U of Hell, favorite course was kill and tell, Graduated Head of Class, Majored in Kickin' @$$. Did hard time to get my master, wrote the book on personal disaster, but I don't need no PHD to be a doctor of F@*&in' misery.

Thanks John... I must have had the wrong tune in my head... I was way off LOL

Chris Olivia is still alive and kicking with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra! That is one excellent tour. They in fact are supposed to be coming together for a non-Christmas tour soon?

----------------

On 3/2/2004 6:46:04 PM Joe Shmoe wrote:

Thanks John... I must have had the wrong tune in my head... I was way off LOL

Chris Olivia is still alive and kicking with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra! That is one excellent tour. They in fact are supposed to be coming together for a non-Christmas tour soon?

----------------

You must be mistaken. You must mean JOhn Olivia the singer and brother of Savatage. His brother Chris died. OF course unless you mean his memories are still alive and i agree one of the best guitarist.

----------------

On 3/2/2004 12:00:25 AM toddvj wrote:

----------------

On 3/1/2004 12:20:47 AM wheelman wrote:

Ah suicidal tendancies-who are you calling crazy? you wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating fruit loops on your front porch.

----------------

How about...We'll take cash, we'll take checks, we'll take credit cards, we'll take jewelry, we'll take yo' mammas dentures, they got gold in 'em. Or...If you can only send a dollar or two, there ain't a hell of a lot I can promise to you. But if you wants to see Heaven's Door, Make out a check for Five Hundred Dollars or more.

Those Guys have some of the best lyrics.

Went to School at U of Hell, favorite course was kill and tell, Graduated Head of Class, Majored in Kickin' @$$. Did hard time to get my master, wrote the book on personal disaster, but I don't need no PHD to be a doctor of F@*&in' misery.

----------------

Ah send me your money and go'n breakdown. Great album man way cool. What ever happen to Rocky George he was awesome on the guitar. IF you like magic here's a trick snap my finger now i'm a lunatic. Ai'nt no threat straight out fact go ahead up you'll get jacked!

----------------

On 3/1/2004 1:24:50 AM Joe Shmoe wrote:

One more thing... Todd, didn't Maiden have the best artwork... man Eddie ruled back then! I can remember having one of those door posters where it looked like Eddie was breaking through LOL

----------------

Maiden definitely had the best artwork. I'm sure there are a lot of balding middle aged guys with faded Eddie tatoos out there!! Thanks to this and other threads I am working on re-aquiring my Iron Maiden Collection. I just picked up Killers, Powerslave (one of their best, IMO), and Live after Death. I really need Number of the Beast, and Piece of Mind.

Thanks sdfan, I'll have to check it out!

Todd, I haven't really bought any maiden cd's either, I have a cool 2-disc greatest hits package thingy but that's about all on cd. I may have to check out some cd's also. They have any remasters? I just picked up a Van Halen 1984 remastered for like 5 bucks on eBay.

Put the 'Best of John Prine' on for the "million'th" time the other day. When it comes to composing 'down to earth' lyrics, there's nobody better -- at least in my humble 'geezer' opinion!! PLEASE DON'T BURY ME, ILLEGAL SMILE, DONALD AND LYDIA, COME BACK TO US BARBARA LEWIS HARE KRISHNA BEAUREGARD, HELLO IN THERE, et al. Great stuff!! Cheers!!

John, I agree with the John Prine statement. "There's a hole in daddy's arm, where all the money goes. Jesus died for nothin' I suppose." or "Your flag decal won't get you...Into heaven anymore...They're already overcrowded...From your dirty little war." Classic.

Joe, I have also been picking up some old Van Halen CDs, Just got II, Women and Children First, 1984, and OU812. Also got For Unlawful...but I already had that one. Still need Diver Down and Fair Warning, and a few more of the Sammy Hagar CDs. I haven't been getting remasters, because I'm trying to get the CDs for as little as possible. I got the 5 V.H. CDs for about 13.00 including shipping. Can't beat that.

" it is better to burn out than it is to rust" Neil Young

Jack her up baby, go on, open the hood I want to check if her oil smells good mmm - smells like caviar

give her some stick

push her too far

right to the brink

Rolling Stones Brand New Car" from Vodoo Lounge

I love that tune!!!

----------------

On 3/7/2004 1:46:54 AM arthurs wrote:

So I open the door to my enemies

And I ask could we wipe the slate clean

But they tell me to please go f**k myself

You know you just can't win

Song? Artist?

----------------

I been telling everybody but no one listens. Its duh same guys that do that Mony Mony song! Duh Pink Floyds. Frankly I gets frustrated that my input gets no contention around here. You know you just can't win. Im too upset to talk about it right now. Im just plain lost for words. Or is dat fast forwords or skip backwords or maybe no words atoll booth or .