Have a favorite Lyric?

Joe Shmoe

I was listening to some music, and a thought came to mind that I really liked the lyrics I just heard. There are some bands, songs that when I hear anything about them the first thing that pops in my head is a Lyric from one of their songs. Here are a few of mine....

Queensryche - Empire

"Brother killing brother for the profit of another, game point, nobody wins"

MeatLoaf - You took the words right out of my mouth

"You were licking your lips, and your lipstick shining, I was dying just to ask for a taste"

Motley Crue - Primal Scream

"If you want to live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn"

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Love

There are those who will spend a lifetime of leisure

'Til the leisure finally takes control

And they'll spend their life in search of pleasure

Never knowing the treasure that they own.

Get Out of Here

I used to be a dreamer

But I realize that it's not my style at all

In fact it becomes clearer that a dreamer

Doesn't stand a chance at all.

NP - THIN LIZZY - Black Rose/A Rock Legend (1979)

Ah easy... "The Trees" RUSH! I just recently watched the Rush in Rio DVD with my cousin, you need that mOOn!

DABumann... great Lyric from "Get out of here"

Mineral... Lamb of God? I listen to a wide range of stuff but never heard of them.. kinda death metal?

I tried not to be too cheesy but thats where I mostly hang out 2.gif

----------------

On 2/27/2004 3:13:14 PM m00n wrote:

Damn Joe, you're good! Thats one of my favorite Rush songs. I have heard mixed emotions about the Rush in Rio DVD. People how like it have high praise, those who don't, really dog it hard.

----------------

Moon! They've announced there 30th anniversary tour!!!!

They'll be in Tampa, Florida this July 30th.

For the DVD just figure your in the 12th row.

Madness comes, and madness goes. An insane place, with insane moves. Battles without, for battles within. Where evil lives and evil rules. Breaking them up, just breaking them in. Quickest way out, quickest releif wins. Never disclose, never betray. Cease to speak or cease to breathe, and when you kill a man your'e a murderer. Kill many and your a conqueror. Kill them all....Ooh....Oh you're a GOD! Ladies and gentlemen of the jury. Have you reached a verdict? Yes, we have your Honour, we find the defendent quilty! On all counts for crimes against all humanity. By virtue of the jury's dicision and the power vested in me by the state i hereby sentence you to be incarcerated with no possibility of parole for life. Life?....Whadda ya mean life?....I ain't got a life. Boy!....Your soul better belong to Jesus!....Hmmmmmm-mmmmm cause your *** belongs to me! Captive honour, ain't no honour. No time for questions. No time for the games. A long sh*t list a shorter fuse. he is untouchable and guarantees you'll lose. Inside the bighouse his nightmare unfolds. Before he got there his manpu$$y was sold. Black blanket welcome. This tough guy's now a bit@h. Praying for death. It can't be worse than this. Captive Honour- Megadeth

I went home with a waitress,

the way I always do.

How was I to know,

she was with the Russians too.

I was gambling in Havana.

I took a little risk.

Send lawyers, guns and money.

Dad, get me out of this.

I'm the innocent bystander.

Somehow I got stuck

between a rock and a hard place

and I'm down on my luck.

I'm hiding in Honduras.

I'm a desperate man.

Send lawyers, guns and money.

The sh!t has hit the fan.

The late, great Warren Zevon, "Lawyers, Guns And Money"

here's what I cut from the Rush website regarding the RIO DVD.

The DVD was produced from a 22-camera shoot. Audio options include Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound and Dolby Digital Stereo. Among the numerous DVD bonus features are:

A documentary by longtime Rush photographer Andrew MacNaughtan that includes band interviews as well as rare rehearsal and backstage footage.

Multi-angle viewing options on La Villa Strangiato and YYZ (Alex, Geddy, or Neil angle in addition to the original cut), plus two alternate angle shots on O Baterista.

Easter eggs: By Tor & The Snow Dog (from 1975s FLY BY NIGHT) cartoon created specifically for the tour, and an extremely rare live performance from 1975 of Anthem (also from FLY BY NIGHT) that was recently discovered in the Rush vault.

Important Note: DTS Digital Surround Sound and Anamorphic Formatting is not offered on any version of the DVD.

here's the track list..

Tom Sawyer

Distant Early Warning

New World Man

Roll The Bones

Earthshine

YYZ

The Pass

Bravado

The Big Money

Trees

Freewill

Closer To The Heart

Natural Science

One Little Victory

Driven

Ghost Rider

Secret Touch

Dreamline

Red Sector A

Leave That Thing Alone

O Baterista

Resist

Limelight

La Villa Strangiato

The Spirit of Radio

By-Tor & The Snow Dog/Cygnus X-1

Working Man

Between Sun & Moon (CD ONLY)

Vital Signs (CD ONLY)

Isn't Alex going to do some time for roughing up that cop?

I like Rush in Rio.

Great story behind how that show came to pass.

Almost didn't.6.gif

I have 2 things to say 'bout this show.

1. The crowd is too loud.

Not just a little overbearing, mind you, we're talking excessive to the extreme IMO.

But, what the hell.....

I would scream my head off too.9.gif

(FWIW. it was deliberately engineered that way to give you the "in the crowd" feeling.) oh boy...

2. What in the heck took them so long to put a concert on DVD?

I mean sheesh....come on fellas.

O.K.

My apologies for running OT.

Back to the subject at hand.

Here's a few of my favorite lyrics from off the top of my head.

-"Ha Ha Charade you are"

-"I'm not a number, i'm a free man...and my life is my own now. Don't care, where the past was. I know where i'm going"

-"You would still be alive, if you drove a cadillac"

-"What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound. It's got wires that vibrate and give music. What can this thing be that i've found"

-"Look to the sky just before you die...it's the last time you will."

-"Don't look back, look straight ahead. Don't turn away the voices said."

-"Talking to you, is like clapping with one hand." (remember that T2K?) :) Ha ha.

-"Don't need money. Don't need fame. Don't need a ticket to ride this train."

-"Take me back to my boat on the river. I need to go down. Won't you let me go down?"

-"I've done a bit of smuggling. I've run my share of grass. I made enough money to buy Miami, but I pissed it away so fast. Never meant to last..never meant to last."

-"Head out on the highway. Looking for adventure...."

-"And i'm going to look for you, at your party, because all the time I know that i can find you there...and i'm gonna dance with you, hmmph, one more time...ohhh ohhh yeah"

-"You take my life and i'll take yours too, you fire your musket and i'll run you through. So when your waiting for next attack, you'd better stand, there's no turning back."

-"Killing time is appropriate to make amends and so for the rest we say, SO WHAT"

-"Stand up, you know what it means. Wake up, time to live your dreams"

-"Bust out, with something that you've never seen. Tripped out on a thing called reality. You react, oh so typically...your wasting my time."

Care to guess the artists?

I'll bet no-one can get them all right.

Regards,

John

----------------

1-"I'm not a number, i'm a free man...and my life is my own now. Don't care, where the past was. I know where i'm going"

2-"Look to the sky just before you die...it's the last time you will."

3-"Talking to you, is like clapping with one hand." (remember that T2K?)
:)
Ha ha.

4-"Head out on the highway. Looking for adventure...."

5-"You take my life and i'll take yours too, you fire your musket and i'll run you through. So when your waiting for next attack, you'd better stand, there's no turning back."

----------------

Can't get them all, but...

1. Iron Maiden--The Prisoner

2. Metallica--For Whom the bell tolls

3. Anthrax--Caught In A Mosh. YEAH!!!

4. Steppenwolf--Born to be wild

5. Iron Maiden--The Trooper

Some others sound familiar, Maybe Smuggler's Blues?? I think that was by Don Henley?

Ah Todd you da man.. LOL you posted a few answers before I could get back. I had most of what you had, except for the one Iron Maiden. I know the one quote is not "smugglers blues" by Glenn Fry because I downloaded it and double checked lol... this list has been eating at me all day!

Glad these were "just off the top of John's head" and he didn't really put any effort into it LOL

I used to really like Anthrax - my original Klipsch BB nick was Imthman "I am the man" I love that single! I just couldn't remember my old password, and by then my email changed so I went with JoeShmoe.

this one really is right on the end of my tongue...

-"Don't look back, look straight ahead. Don't turn away the voices said

Great Lyrics!

Damon- right on the money. Good call.

Todd- Yep, you got it, them are the dudes. :)

Joe-......you ARE the man. :)

Ha Ha J/K.

I used to be into the speed metal scene...back in the day.

Really appreciated the Belladona/Spitz thing until they kinda fizzled out.

Or..sold out....whichever.

Either way, everything from State of Euphoria and earlier, just flat out rocks.

....or i'll steal your feathers like I stole your socks.

Ha Ha.

So your kinda stumped on that one, eh Joe?

Tell you what, i'll give you the artists intials.

RB :)

So what about the others on the list?

Most are practically household names.

Shall I offer up some clues?

Regards,

John.

I recognize Maiden, Buffet and Steppenwolf. It's nice to see someone else whom has a varied taste in music. People around my house get a little apprehensive when I turn on the mega-changer. A little CCR,Wasp,Marley or Sinatra. If I drink enough, maybe a little of each.