RSW-15 TOMORROW!!!!

Thors1982

I am getting my RSW-15 tomorrow, I know i have mentioned it a few times. This is the last time i promise(don't hurt me)

Every one needs to congradulate me :-) afterall Reference 7 + RSW-15 in college... and I have 0 debt. Granted parents are helping for college :-) I am lucky indeed.

Any suggestions on how to set it up, I am going to try to use a DVD calibration disk but I still don't have the SPL meter. :-(

So, fight club is going to be the first movie played.

What should I play after that???? Suggestions?

You are very lucky and CONGRATS YOU SON OF A SUB! Let us know how it sounds. Check out the new trailor to Hellboy on the dvd Missing with Tommy lee Jones. Their is a trailor to spider man 2 also and they rock for bass. By the way Missing is a good movie worth renting anyways. Their is a mudslide that has awesome bass in it.

Hey, if you think you're lucky, just remember there's always somebody better off than you! lol - I heard a story from a customer last week at Audio Classics in Binghamton about his long-ago college room-mate. Apparently, this fellow custom ordered new Klipschorns from Hope made from clear plexiglass and installed them in his college residence!

Anyways, sounds like a terrific system. Hope its in a house, not an apartment. No way in an apartment will you be able to use even a tenth of the bass potential of that RSW-15. Good luck, and enjoy!!!! 9.gif

Yes.. Set the sub about 1/2 to 3/4 volume wise... also set the lower x overs too in the rear. Get good interconnects from your pre amp to this unit, and experiment in front, in the corner, in phase, out of phase.......etc where you like it. Actually, the manual is pretty detailed. And, always turn on the power AFTER the volume is down...turn the volume down BEFORE turning the sub power off.

----------------

On 3/5/2004 10:04:29 PM Thors1982 wrote:

I am getting my RSW-15 tomorrow, I know i have mentioned it a few times. This is the last time i promise(don't hurt me)

Every one needs to congradulate me :-)

----------------

Congratulations. That was hard because I'm so jealous.2.gif

----------------

On 3/5/2004 10:04:29 PM Thors1982 wrote:

----------------

Grats Thors, I'm looking forward to waiting for you leap into Hertiage series or higher and higher 9.gif

Try the Pirates of Caribbean..... I got it for a while but didn't have chance for watching it yet 14.gif . However I watched earlier it was amazing sound(cleaner movie that has no dirty language as wel 3.gif )

You really like to show off that picture don't you ear...I think I've seen it in three... or wait maybe four different threads in like the pas month.2.gif pssst... I would be flaunting it too if I had that kind of setup.

Hey, congrats on the sub

Thanks again everyone

and.... Just finished watching U-571 and Fight Club.

OMG, I know many people say the SVS have more impact than the RSW-15... but dear god almight how much do you need. I think this sub is going to be the end of my house :-)

I don't even have it up all the way.... I am scared :-)

Anyways, the sub was well worth the wait, I enjoyed my system for many many many months without a sub, I watched so many movies in amazment at what I missed the first time I saw them. Now I get to do it all over again, with the subwoofer.

BTW, I am on spring break.... muwahahahahaha, 7 more days of subwoofer action here I come!!!!

----------------

On 3/8/2004 3:38:13 AM Thors1982 wrote:

OMG, I know many people say the SVS have more impact than the RSW-15... but dear god almight how much do you need. I think this sub is going to be the end of my house :-)

I don't even have it up all the way.... I am scared :-)

----------------

my point exactly-

i have the volume on my RSW-15 set at about 12 o'clock, and the sub out level at about +4dB (to provide a sub signal that is strong enough to activate the auto on at low volume,and it reduces 'noise')

i don't need any more bass!

now-my room/other speakers/and receiver's bass management account for excellent bass response, so that has something to do with it, but the RSW-15 is an AWESOME sub!

congratulations!

avman.