BB Discount : Synergy or Reference?

cjjackson85

----------------

On 3/9/2004 2:34:20 PM cjjackson85 wrote:

I work in the Best Buy in Twin Falls, ID. I've been working there for 5 months and I only found out about my Klipsch accomodation about 2 months ago. I'll ask my boss how long you gotta work before you get your employee accomodations. I know that you have to work for 30 days before the store discount kicks in though. You've all pretty much convinced me to get the best Reference stuff up front first then the rears later. I do get a discount on recievers so that could always be my next piece.

----------------

So how far exactly does the discount extend to? If you can get discounts on Reference stuff, then does that mean you can also buy receivers that aren't carried by BB?

PS - Ever see the Polish brothers' movie about siamese twins called "Twin Falls Idaho?"

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be so sure about that Griffinator, while on an accomodation sheet provided by Best Buy in the store it does say we are limited to the Synergy series. I however had a fellow co-worker of mine order a Klipsch setup within the last 2 months. He told me all I gotta do is talk to someone over the telephone then I'll get the hookup with Reference Series. In addition to that I have another bud I know at another smaller audio shop who agrees. You may be correct though. Either way, I'm going to get a hold of Klipsch later today (3/10).

----------------

On 3/10/2004 2:39:47 AM cjjackson85 wrote:

Don't be so sure about that Griffinator, while on an accomodation sheet provided by Best Buy in the store it does say we are limited to the Synergy series. I however had a fellow co-worker of mine order a Klipsch setup within the last 2 months. He told me all I gotta do is talk to someone over the telephone then I'll get the hookup with Reference Series. In addition to that I have another bud I know at another smaller audio shop who agrees. You may be correct though. Either way, I'm going to get a hold of Klipsch later today (3/10).

----------------

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!

I really, really, really, really, really wish you hadn't said that.

I probably coulda suffered a few more months over there to get Refs!

14.gif14.gif14.gif14.gif

more 'monopoles' are best for surround dribble!

bull$hit!

it depends on the environment/which surround speaker model/placement as well,and personal preference.

i say try some klipsch rear surrounds and compare them to monopoles and see which YOU like better.

avman.11.gif2.gif

----------------

On 3/10/2004 2:03:26 PM avman wrote:

bull$hit!

it depends on the environment/which surround speaker model/placement as well,and personal preference.

i say try some klipsch rear surrounds and compare them to monopoles and see which YOU like better.

avman.
11.gif2.gif

----------------

well put....to each his own...and own your own...

----------------

On 3/10/2004 2:03:26 PM avman wrote:

bull$hit!

avman.
11.gif2.gif

----------------

I bet you will like the wider sound if you ever stepped into a theater. That monopole only goes so far it can be pretty closed in leaving huge gaps. Even in small rooms. Well put AVMAN you da man. The old quadraphonic sound would be better with mono's. I am liking the bipole,tripole for concerts to to hear the croud around me not just part of the crowd there and over there. I don't know but i would think someone could invent something better eventually in time. It is the 21st century. But i wonder at times how successful celestion speakers are with guitar amps and man they are tuff to beat. And the old ones are just great. They suck so bad that their great they break up just right with distorted cones. A whole different forum but it is just the idea of evolving. You would think klipsch would evolve from their heretage line. Mayby they have It's just owning a classic seems tougher. Like a muscle car. My bad they still make heretage's. But you should catch my drift a. It's evelution baby! 11.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Rocks in my head...don't think so. I was just thinking that if he can get stuff that bestbuy doesn't sell (RF-7 for example) they might also be able to get the aragon stuff. Being that it is thru Klipsch and all.

edit: Oh crap i didn't see the post where he said he called Klipsch etc...maybe I do have rocks in my head3.gif

• 1 year later...

Actually, if you "KNOW" who to talk to at Klipsch, you can work at BB and get the dealer accomodation on ANYTHING with Klipsch written on it.

I work for a Klipsch dealer. We carry all the Reference Line stuff and can special order Heritage stuff.

A BB opened up 30 minutes from me, and they pay way better than where I work now, so I was considering leaving and going to BB. I talked to my Klipsch rep about purchasing some Reference or Heritage should I ever have the money, and was curious if I could still have the employee accomodation on them even though BB doesn't carry those lines. His exact words to me " I'll hook you up bro. All you gota do is e-mail or call me ".

I even have a list of Aragon employee accomodation prices that he sent me. Too bad they SOLD OUT of ALL ARAGON from their warehouses. Replacement models for all amps and Stage One will be announced at CEDIA, at least thats what he told me. Will be October before they have any in stock.