Which AV Receiver with KLF-30's

glr

IF you are going to use a GOOD-to-GREAT sub with your system, you should look for a receiver that allows for a 40Hz roll-off-to-sub bass management setting(vs.80Hz etc.)

i can say from first-hand experience that a sony strda777ES works great w/KLF-30's, but they are only available used.(do a search on the web if you are interested)

other than that,the integra(by onkyo) and the upper-end yamahas(RXV-series)work well, or aragon electronics available ON THIS WEBSITE.also alot of bb'ers like harmon/kardon and denon.

good luck!

avman.

i use a pioneer elite vsx-55txi as a pre/pro with outboard amplifiers.... it sounds fantastic with my KLF-30's!!!!

when i first got it home, i tried it powering the speakers off it's internal amps..... the sound was very nice..... when i hooked up to my carver professional ZR1000 it improved greatly.....

i still use the surround back amps of the receiver to power speakers in another room..... it does a great job!!

1.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I just bought the new Sony digital receiver STR-DA5000ES, And let me tell you they sound great with klipsch speakers. The STR-DA5000es is a perfect match for klipsch speakers. The horns sound smooth. Almost tube like sound. I'm useing KLF-30'S up front 20's rear.

I have a denon for sale. That sounds good with my klipsch's i don't know about yours. I couldn't imagine it sounding bad with any speaker to tell you the truth. I am with fish you just arent' going to find a super good receiver for stereo. Denons and harmons come the closest in my opinion and sound awesome for dvd concerts but cd playback you need seperates. I get good results for music with both my receivers but you can't beat seperates with a stick. By the way the denon has preouts for the front three channels. Absolutely amazing on dvd concerts.

I have the DENON 3803, and I think it sounds great with my 30's, of course seperates may be nicer if you can afford? Plus like you have probably read, the 3803 is now replaced by the 3805 (10 watts more) so you may be able to get the 3803 cheap?

Joe,I have the 3805,I've had the 3802/03,all good w/Klipsch.The difference in seperates is big time on music,don't ask me why.With seperates my 7's sound better than I ever thought they could,truly amazing.

----------------

On 3/24/2004 8:32:49 PM polcat wrote:

Hi, I just bought the new Sony digital receiver STR-DA5000ES, And let me tell you they sound great with klipsch speakers. The STR-DA5000es is a perfect match for klipsch speakers. The horns sound smooth. Almost tube like sound. I'm useing KLF-30'S up front 20's rear.

----------------

polcat-

i am VERY interested in hearing how sonyES digital amp-equipped receivers sound on horns.

one of maybe the four or five receivers i would 'consider' to replace my STRDA777ES is the strda9000ES.

i want to hear what the digital amp sounds like.

i have been EXTATICALLY pleased w/my 777ES.(TRULY one of if not THE BEST receiver sonyES has ever made!!)9.gif

avman.