La Scalas wanted

pet68

La Scala has always been built of birch plywood. Finishes available are raw/unfinished, clear lacquer, or black lacquer. Some owners finish them to furniture quality with various stains and finishes. John Albright has got a pair finished beautifully and has recently posted some pics.

La Scalas were offered with a stained finish in the mid to late 80's and I believe it was a walnut stain. The wood veneer was still Birch but I am pretty certain they were walnut stained. Back then; you could get raw birch, lacquered birch, walnut stain or black finish options. I believe they had Series AL crossovers as well. I have not seen them for some time but I have a friend who has a set. I am not sure if he would part with them but I'll ask him, as I know he is currently using his Polk SDA SRS 1.5's in his current set up do to a WAF issue.

Every few weeks there will be a nice pair that will come across Ebay or Audiogon. These that are in that state of elegance are easy enough to pick up because their prices are high compared to the run of the mill Scalas. There isn't alot of competetion from other bidders.

I have a pair of walnut stain vintage 80's in good condition. If you want, I can send a photo. You can contact me a Rockysdad@optonline.net. I bought them in 1986. They do have a few small scratches in them, but in very good shape. I may be willing to part with them.

John

The US Navy Exchange in Yokosuka Japan sold Walnut stained La Scala's in the 80's that were shipped directly from Klipsch. They were still the birch plywood models just had a stained finish. See the post above me this is the guy I commented about earilier.

Pet68 has not responded as of yet. I will entertain offers. I may be persuaded to sell for a good price. They are mid 80's LS-BLS W/S Walnut Stain La Scala's. I have enclosed a photo of my speakers. I also have the original manuals with the registration cards attached.

post-14875-13819253475494_thumb.jpg