Softest member?

Colin

According to a Stereophile survey, female stereo heads are quite rare (http://www.stereophile.com/showvote.cgi?115). Many respondents claim they have never met one. How can there be so many female musicians and singers and so few lady stereo nuts? Their ears are more sensitive than ours? Why is it that females are not enamoured with high-end home movie and music reproduction systems? Do they know something that we dont?

Now that we have a female avatar, how many female members does the Klipsch forum have?

3.gif

This could be a wrong assumption, but it would seem logical to me that a womens audio peak would be when they are late teens early 20's. I say this because after they get married, their priorities change. They start thinking about having a baby, buying a house, buying things for the house, going on vacation, doing this doing that. Audio would be put very low on their list. After having kids, they don't have time to appreciate audio. Too busy chasing kids around, and being a mom. At least I know that's the way it is in the m00n household. My wife just does not have time to sit, relax and just listen to music.

Again, just speculation.

When I sold my KLF-30's it was to a female. On the phone she sounded at least 30 or so, maybe older. Anyway, her and her husband already had Heresies and K-Horns and were adding some KLF's. It did surprise me that she was the one who was doing the buying and was interested in speakers and such.

Mace

I knew quite a few females who were into audio when we were teenagers. They had some really nice systems too. My guess is they tend to lose interest later in life for all those reasons m00n mentioned while boys will just be boys. One of those unfortunate things. I wish my wife would show more interest other than how much money I'm spending. She was looking over my shoulder during my last post and now wants to know what a "Blueberry" is.6.gif I told her it's a small round fruit they put in pies and muffins.

I've noticed that of the people that list their age here, many (dare I say most) are in their 40's give or take a bit. Is that my only qualification to be here? LOL! What happened to us? Is it that the high freqs (or are we just plain freaks) in our hearing are gone and only Klipsch does it for us? Or does it have to do with money?

"She was looking over my shoulder during my last post and now wants to know what a "Blueberry" is. I told her it's a small round fruit they put in pies and muffins."

You're lucky Gary, I told my wife exactly what a Blueberry is and Paypaled Mark. I'm afraid to go to sleep tonight. I seem to have lost my Kevlar underwear.6.gif6.gif

Rick

1. Because women are smarter.

2. Self-proclaimed 'audiophiles' are generally geeks and don't get out enough.

3. Most well-equipped audio systems do little to compliment the overall decor of the room. One of the biggest reasons that Bose is so successful, aside from marketing.

4. Men can often drift off during one-on-one conversations with women, yet they will sit absolutely still and listen intently to two (or more) inanimate black boxes as if their life depended on it.

5. Men are incapable of caring about or offering advice on which belt/handbag/shoes/blouse/etc., yet they will research and spend hundreds of dollars on wires that hook up the cd player.

6. See #1

Now, Colin, now what kind of female audio enthusiast is going to pause in tube rolling long enough to investigate a post entitled "Softest member"? -HornEd

PS: At least you'll get a few responses from those among us looking to avert performance anxiety. 3.gif

----------------

On 3/21/2004 10:03:06 PM Frank Speaker wrote:

I've noticed that of the people that list their age here, many (dare I say most) are in their 40's give or take a bit. Is that my only qualification to be here? LOL! What happened to us? Is it that the high freqs (or are we just plain freaks) in our hearing are gone and only Klipsch does it for us? Or does it have to do with money?

----------------

We do have a few youngins on this forum. I'm 23.1.gif

----------------

On 3/22/2004 1:32:01 PM nicholtl wrote:

Lancestorm - high five, I'm 23 too!

Dr. Who - wow, just one year left until you reach the age where you wonder how you EVER lived before 21.
----------------

nicholil - you are only 4 years older than I, how did you become $o $uce$$ful $$$? I want advice!!! Drugs? Stocks? Lawsuit? .com?

Gary LMAO on that one. I hope I don't get caught myself. Either way life will go on.

Why do women not have stereo systems? Not to be a...you know the word but I cannot spell it...Most women can not figure out the remote so hooking up even a plug and play stereo system is out of the question. My wifes idea of closely reproducing the actual sound is the only right way to do it...GOING TO SEE A LIVE PERFORMANCE.

Nicholti - man, I never had a system like that at your age, but I probably would not want to go through whatever you did to get it. There is not much that comes easy anymore. Even if you born from a rich parents, most of them give money ILO love. Of course at 23 you cold be heavily into debt???