"Conditioning", and diminishing returns with capacitors

Deang

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan,

Think about your common sense thinking here. The US goverment does not make these components or use enough of them to support a exclusive run just for them. If some major manufacturer was indeed making these for the US goverment they would surface on the open market. It's not like this is top secret stuff here these companies would market them through normal channels also. The US Military does not use "Paper in Oil" caps at least in the sense that were talking about any where is my Bet !

Craig

----------------

On 3/29/2004 4:36:44 PM Guy Landau wrote:

Is it some sort of competiton, who says the last word?
----------------

Is there some point to your post ? I think Ryan and I are having a very civil discussion here and your not as usual helping or adding a thing but smarta$$ remarks.

Gentlemen,

My eldest brother joined the Navy in 1968,after two tours of combat (attached to a Marine Corp operation)he served out his "lifer" tenure (30 years) working in supply and logistics.His work required an extremely high level security clearance "Classified".He is currently working with a group providing specialized support services to NASA of a secure nature.I share this biography only to lend credibility to my source when I say that I know for a fact that the United States Navy and the United States Marine Corps still procure and thus I would assume, use, paper in oil capacitors for something but I do not know the specific details of their applications.NASA makes some rather interesting tube purchases as well.I will inquire as to any possible incident of their interest in PIO caps.

Analogman

Analog,

While your at it find the source !! I bet were talking huge cans that could never be used in audio gear and prohibitive for speakers. They may very well use some type of PIO but I bet they are not the type were discussing maybe large motor run caps or something ?

Craig

Nothing to eat no crow about yet ! "He said she said" really means nothing I would like some real proof where are they sourced who makes them. What are these secret weapons ? I bet there the same type as used in the crossovers Bec makes and they are not PIO caps. If PIO caps were still made anyone could buy them. Excpet for the few audiophile types (Jenson and the like) there are none anywhere to be had.

Craig