Cornwall prices

bdc

Edit: Oops, $975

I sold a pair of birch Corns a year ago for $850, and just sold a pair in walnut for around $1100. Depends on condition, and the market in which they're being sold (i.e. physical location). They're a bear (and expensive) to ship, so it's attractive to buyers to be able to pick them up.

Are you looking to buy?

I'm not necessarily looking to buy, though I wouldn't pass by the oppurtunity if one came up, but I've been looking around on ebay and I've seen them sell from around $500 to over $1000. I wasn't sure what the "normal" price was for one.

Well, they're all "used," and the price on the secondary market fluctuates with the demand. There's really no such thing as a "normal" price. I've seen them go for as low as $3-400, and as high as ~$1800. If Garymd were to put his zebrawood Cornwalls up for auction, I'm certain they'd top 2 G's.

Gary,

Not a forum member here (yet!), but a good guy. He's in Fresno, and drove up to San Jose for the exchange. I drove about 200 miles (round trip) to deliver them, in the parking lot of "Harry's Hofbrau!"

I certainly would not let my rare '62 Vertical Cornwall II's go for less than $1500 that is for sure. As stated alot of it is condition and desireability, the exotic finishes would obviously draw more money as do the Cornwalls with the vertically placed horns.

They are going up - but they are still a deal. In good condition - even at $1500, they are still worth the money.

Best speaker deal EVER.

I have been looking for a beat up pair with good drivers of old school I's or II's (mostly as long term emergency spare parts) and have noticed the increase in prices. I used to think that it would be cheaper to just buy a beat up pair for spare parts, but now I'm thinking I would be better off just buying the parts.

Rats, fini, clipped and shorn, beer battered rats!!! If I knew you were at Harry's Hoffbrau in San Jose, I would have bought the brew... and sandwiches too!

Great unloading of some fine hand-rubbed cornwallians! Did he notice the indentation on the veneer where you formerly kept stroking them? Such a groove thing. Congrats on a great leap toward Khorns funding!!!

Have you thought of building "false walls" in the middle of the room to avoid digging the books out of the corners? You could display the family school-art collection on the backside.

Any thoughts as to when the fini factoids of Khorn vs. Cornwall ear-satz opinions from assorted fini hits & his mrs.? -HornEd

Looks like they need some veneer work on one side but not to awful overall if you could get them for less than $500 and you are near enough to avoid shipping costs I would say you could have a deal. The veneer could always be redone, as you know they are going to sound good even if they don't look perfect. I did not notice if they have the grills or not.