to replace the Heresy's

I lost my beloved Heresys to a house fire.

Insurance folks can get me SF-3's as replacements but I never heard them (3 hours to a store that MAY have them in stock). The layout appears similar (bass only goes to 37 not 20 dcb) What expert reviews can I get.

OR I can keep futzing around with ebay & buy a 25 year old set of Heresy's (shipping is a b*tch).

What say you?

Later,

Peter

They still make heresys! If you can't talk the insurance company into getting you a new pair, go with ebay or maybe even this forum can help. Some here were recently selling a pair or two.

Welcome to the forum. I found this place a year ago after a chimney fire sooted up my cornwalls (luckily no damage). Good luck!

BTW - Don't even think about settling for the sf-whatevers! They ain't heresys!

Welcome and sorry to hear about your loss. You need to get the insurance company to at least give you replacement value for them then you can decide on what Klipsch to replace them with. heritage series or at least the Reference series dont settle for anything less. Bill

Welcome, sorry to hear about your house/speakers. You should be able to get a direct replacement for your Heresy's. Try going to the dealer locator on the Klipsch website and look for a Heritage series dealer closest to you. Then I would recommend getting a quote from them and feed that back to you insurance carrier. I am no expert in this area but I believe most policies are written for replacement value but you will need to double check on that. If all else fails try the auction sites like E-bay or Audiogon. Just because its older does not mean its bad. Mostly youll se cosmetic issues but sonically they are usually very sound. Ive had my La Scalas for 20 years and they still perform like a showroom set. Heresies are still made today. I believe they are about $600-650 ea. You may be stuck for a deductible but I would not recommend settling unless you get a direct replacement particularly since its available.

J4.Knee, boy you have been out of circulation awhile I take it. The Heresy II that is currently available retails in the $1100 - $1300 range. There may be some discounting on this but I doubt you will get them new for less that $1K a pair. Someone can correct me if I am wrong. La Scala's are like $4K a pair, Belle's $6K, and the Khorns $7.5K, inflation you know.

$1100-1300 each wow I guess I have been out for awhile, I don't normally look for retail heritage items, there is an abundance of used for reasonable prices and speaking from personal experience heritage speakers last dang near forever. I remember when you could get Heresys for $600/set.

Klipsch SF-3s are not as good as Heresys. Either the insurance company is ignorant or they are trying to screw you (or both). I wouldn't settle for anything less than another pair of Heresys -- whether it be new ones or used ones (is the same condition as what you had).

Does your insurance policy provide replacement cost coverage, or just depreciated value. If it covers replacement cost, make them buy you a pair of Heresy IIs, the current equivalent of what you had. Otherwise, make sure they give you enough to buy a good pair of used Heresys, including shipping. Shipping Heresys is not that big a deal. I have shipped several pair without significant problem. The plywood construction makes them much less prone to damage than most current stuff.

Well, fellow Klipschers, here's the update the up shot the news for the insurance folks AFTER copying & faxing ALL of YOUR replies to my post:::::

I will be getting a pair of Heresy II's to replace my po' lost Heresys...

So, my friends, it pays to reply & add your 2 cents (or more)!!!

My gratitude & thanks!!!!

Later,

Peter