Authorized Online dealers?

nautam

First of all, Love the Klipsch stuff. Just put together a klipsch system for my girlfriend and it is absolutely amazing. My Parents want me to do the same for them. When looking online, prices seem to be much cheaper than purchasing from a local dealer. I realize that some places are not authorized, selling refurbs, no warranty, etc... I was really wondering if there are any authorized Online dealers of Klipsch equipment. I have to travel about two hours to find a decent dealer that carries what I want. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FYI

My next setup will be 2xSF-25's, 2xRCX-4's, 1xRW-12, 2xRS-25's, and a Denon 2803S receiver.

Mike

Klipsch doesn't have any online dealer officially..... they ban every single one as they can. The only thing you can do..... drive to the dealer and get them in once.

Sometimes I don't understand why......... majority leans towards selling every single thing online to save the reseller/store's costs but Klipsch blocks this huge market.

Most of my room's stuff came from internet directly(only some Klipsch speakers are not...... I went all the way to Manhatten then they ship all the way back to here...). Even my laptop backpack calculator..... except the foods in the fridge 3.gif

Let me throw in my 2 cents worth.

I don't know what SF-25's are, since the rest of the speakers in your list are Reference series ( and no Synergy, which in that case I would assume you are talking about SF-2's ) I am guessing you are talking about RF-25's. Great speakers. The 2 RS-25's you listed are perfect matches for surrounds. I would not use 2 RCX-4's for front and rear centers. I would use RC25's, as that is the voice matched speaker to those fronts and surrounds. The RW12 sub is a great sub for the price, the RW10 is what Klipsch recomends for that system, but you can never have too much bass right.

The Denon AVR2803S reciever is good, actually at the store I work for we have that reciever hooked up to a RF25/RC25/RS25/RW10 system and it is a great match. HOWEVER, you may wana look at a Denon AVR3803 as they are being replaced by the newer AVR3805 so they will be going on sale, probably for about the price as the AVR2803 would run ( $700-$800 I guess ). That way you have video upconversion to component video, as well as 110 watts per channel versus the 90 watts of the 2803, and 7.1 channel over 6.1 channel. In which case instead of running a 2nd RC25 for rear center, go with a set of RB25's or RB15's, either should work fine. Hope this helps.

Actually, Klipsch does have a few authorized online dealers (3-5). However, you should be able to get close to internet pricing from your local dealer if you get to know him well enough. That is actually better anyway, because then your parents can hear (and see) what they are buying and compare models close to each other in pricing, size etc.

I see that you live in Michigan as do I. There are a few of us on this forum that live in Michigan and may be able to give you the name of someone to talk to at the dealer closest to you. Where do you live?

David

The simple reason Klipsch (and many, many, many, many other hifi manufacturers) don't allow online sales is because they understand that their dealers need to make a profit. If they allowed online sales, the local hifi shops would drop them like a rock, because they'd be forced into competing with e-tailers for business, cutting their profit margin on Klipsch speakers to a point where they were not longer worth carrying.

You, the consumer, complain, but I, the small-town dealer, am eternally grateful.

----------------

On 4/1/2004 2:42:10 PM Griffinator wrote:

The simple reason Klipsch (and many, many, many, many other hifi manufacturers) don't allow online sales is because they understand that their dealers need to make a profit. If they allowed online sales, the local hifi shops would drop them like a rock, because they'd be forced into competing with e-tailers for business, cutting their profit margin on Klipsch speakers to a point where they were not longer worth carrying.

You, the consumer, complain, but I, the small-town dealer, am eternally grateful.
----------------

Griff, how bout a picture tour of your shop?

• Klipsch Employees

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><?xml:namespace prefix = w ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" />

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Klipsch Lawsuit Settlements Include Lifetime Ban for Defendants

Indianapolis (April 1, 2004) -- Klipsch Audio Technologies, a leading manufacturer of loudspeakers, today announced it has concluded its lawsuit against unauthorized companies that were selling Klipsch products over the Internet. The web sites named as defendants in the lawsuit are Crazyeddie.com, 50TopSellers.com, AuthorizedElectronics.com, TheBestPriceStore.com, and HomeTheaterPhiles.com.

According to Mike Klipsch, executive vice president and chief operating officer, Klipsch accomplished everything it set out to do with the lawsuit including securing a lifetime ban that prevents web sites, their owners and any future businesses they own from ever selling Klipsch brand products. He said that this lawsuit combined with the companys zero tolerance policy on transshipping should significantly reduce any unauthorized sales of Klipsch brand products.

Going after people whose business practices include deceiving unsuspecting consumers and illegally capitalizing on the Klipsch image is not easy and it is very, very costly, Mike Klipsch said. We spent over six figures without even stepping into a courtroom, and even that doesnt come close to the millions of dollars worth of revenue we chose to give up by terminating dealers that transshipped Klipsch products.

In January, Klipsch reported it had terminated 16 dealers that represented $5 million in business executing its zero tolerance transshipping policy throughout 2003. The company recently terminated two more dealers for transshipping violations bringing the loss of business to a grand total of $6 million dollars. Mike Klipsch said that Klipsch would continue to enforce its zero tolerance policy and give up millions more in revenue if that is what it takes to stop the transshipping and prevent the unscrupulous procurement, promotion and sale of Klipsch-branded loudspeakers by unauthorized resellers.

Klipsch first announced that it was filing suit on January 5 seeking an injunction to prevent the defendants from inducing authorized dealers to transship Klipsch products, interfering with the contractual relationships between Klipsch and its authorized dealers, infringing on Klipsch trademarks, illegally using Klipschs copyrighted materials, and otherwise competing unfairly with Klipsch. Klipsch alleged that all of the defendants removed the official Klipsch serial number labels from the products and went as far as to attach counterfeit labels.

Mike Klipsch said that within two weeks of filing the lawsuit, crazyeddie.com had closed its doors and the other four web sites had completely removed Klipsch products from their offerings. He also said that about 20 other web sites that were infringing on Klipschs copyrights and trademarks voluntarily removed the brand from their pages, presumably to avoid being named as defendants in a future lawsuit.

(More)

Klipsch Lawsuit Settlements Include Lifetime Ban for Defendants

2-2-2-2-2

Specifically, Klipsch obtained a consent decree from Syris Holding Corporation, the parent company of the web site HomeTheaterPhiles.com, that not only enjoins the company, its owners and any associated parties from now or in the future engaging in any of the activities identified in the original complaint, but Syris must disclose the name and contacts of the dealer or dealers that supplied them with Klipsch products.

In a second settlement, the web sites 50TopSellers.com, AuthorizedElectronics.com, and TheBestPriceStore.com agreed not to sell Klipsch brand products or otherwise use Klipsch trademarks and copyrights in connection with their businesses.

The default judgment against Crazyeddie.com will include the same general provisions as the other settlements. Crazyeddie.com, its owners and any associated parties will be enjoined from now or in the future engaging in any of the activities identified in the original complaint.

In concert with filing the lawsuit, Klipsch retained the services of NetEnforcers.com, a brand protection company that assisted Klipsch with shutting down more than 125 auctions by unauthorized dealers using third party web sites such as Ebay and Yahoo. Mike Klipsch said Klipsch plans to continue its relationship with NetEnforcers.com for as long as it is needed and he indicated that more lawsuits would be filed if necessary.

A family-owned business since 1946, Chairman Fred Klipsch and Vice Chairman Judy Klipsch direct the vision and management of Klipsch Audio Technologies, one of Americas first audio companies. Today, Klipsch is a leading global manufacturer of high-performance loudspeakers and other entertainment products for consumer and professional markets. The Klipsch Audio Engineering and Technology Center and worldwide headquarters are located in Indianapolis, manufacturing facilities in Hope, Arkansas, West Coast Distribution Center in Fullerton, Calif., and wholly owned subsidiary Klipsch Europe BV in the Netherlands. The company and its employees are committed to developing products that create the most engaging, emotional and dynamic entertainment experiences.

(30)

SOURCE: Klipsch Audio Technologies

WEB SITE: www.klipsch.com

• Klipsch Employees

Cox, GoodGuys is a dealer in your area...they can be seen online as well. If you buy from them online, your product will come from your local store.

What has been stated about the dealers is right. We do all we can to protect our dealers and product line.

I think klipsch should at least make an effort to help people that don't live near a dealer. Say give them a certain id number so they could call up a dealer and have them send them some speakers. This of course would be a bad deal for the customer because it would be hard to bargan with them. But at least they could score some klipsch's legitly. May be the consumer would give klipsch their zip and phone # to verify it. I think this would make for a better way of doing business. Some people just can not get to a klipsch dealer, and would love to.