Okay, so who's bringing what to the Arkansas par-taaay?

stream

I'll definitely be bringing these CDs:

Kind of Blue (can't wait to hear this on K-horns and nice SET amps!)

Domenico Scarlatti, Complete Keyboard Sonatas, Vol.2 (great, great piano for reference)

Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds, Live at Luther College (great acoustic guitar stuff)

Dave Matthews Band, Crash (really good reference CD for showing off a system's dynamics)

Possibly a SRV CD or two, just because I can :)

-Jesse

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Andy, in all that I have been doing lately... plus our wedding scheduled for the day before you're called up... I haven't been able to respond to your email about building those special Klipsch versions for the amphitheater. Unfortunately, the time was too short to fit in the custom units for the three-day festival this spring where the equipment will be provided by a friend in the business. I would definitely like to build something like that after this summer season.

As a vet, I am sure this call up has some mixed blessings... but, knowing you, I trust that it will be a kick-***-start to a new adventure and an enrichment of your life as a "You Are There" historian. I will respond further to your email... which is in my bulging "To be Answered" archive. Please stay in touch with me... and with the Forum where scads of minds have enjoyed your wit and twice as many ears have benefited from your wisdom. HornEd

PS: After seeing the proposed schedule, maybe I should ditch this wedding thing and head the Klipsch motorhome for Little Rock! 3.gif

PPS: It's a good thing my "Swiss Miss" hasn't got in the habit of reading this Forum... yet! 2.gif

Oops, I thought I had lost the previous post and was substituting this shorter one... ahh, the joys of senior citizenry! 14.gif

Andy, on the day you report my "Swiss Mrs." and I should be winging our way to our honeymoon in Tahiti. May 3rd is also my birthday. Although life has been too full for me to respond to your last email, I am indeed interested in re-creating those enormous Klipsch outdoor classics in the finished amphitheater. Keep in touch! I had hoped to have an expanded exchange of email on that horn-delicious project. 3.gif -HornEd

I take the magic football, form a non-profit institute to study it (just like they did with the Dead Sea scrolls) and charge global defense, pharmaceutical and food companies annual dues of $1 million each to join the research!

looking forward to this gathjering, no ticket yet, but getting ready to push the button!

3.gif

On second thought, I form a non-profit institute, then open dozens of brokerage accounts and sell short all options of all stocks and indexes of all global defense, pharmaceutical and food companies and all precious metals and other commodities in all global markets. I release the magic football and issue a press release telling the world what I have done. I collect a Nobel Prize for Peace, sell multi-million book and movie deals and close out short positions worth $1 billion. 3.gif6.gif9.gif

HDBRBuilder:

I'm hoping the ARMY will be in one of those "hurry up and wait" modes to give you an extra week when it is actually time to show up for duty. One year is a long time to be called up. If it turns out that you can just drop by for a visit, that will be fine. If not, we'll crank some tunes in your honor and share a word of thanks for your service to the country. Also, hope the mission to which you are assigned keeps you at Ft. Sill and not abroad.

Max:

Thanks for the URL on the "man test". Good stuff, eh?

Ed:

Showing up in Little Rock would be a great adventure for newlyweds in a motorhome. If you've got the time to work in your schedule, there are some beautiful spots to see.

RayCanales:

You can indeed drive from Texas. The gathering will be at my house in Scott, Arkansas. This is just about 8 minutes from the airport in Little Rock. Saturday, May 8th, 10:00 a.m. "Be there, or be square." It will be fun for sure.

Jesse,

I would build them just so you and everyone there could hear what RF-7s are capable of. If you like the results, you could just keep them and pay me whenever.

I wouldn't bring them unless you had the original shipping cartons. Taking a ding or a bash isn't worth the risk.

Dean,

That sounds like a plan.

I know some people around here will gasp at this, but I'm not too afraid of my RF-7's taking a couple of dings (as long as they aren't 8-inch gashes or anything). I bought these speakers to play for me, and to work for me :) They don't have any character without a few dings and scratches, so it doesn't really bother me too much. I won't ever be selling them anyway.

However, falling out of the back of my Jeep while on the highway would be another matter :) Dings/scratches don't really matter at this point anyway, since they already have a couple of nice ones from moving in and out of dorm rooms for 2 years.

-Jesse

Okay if I come where can I stay ??

If I fly in on the 8th the earliest I can get there is 11am so I'm thinking that would be a hassle and kind of screw up the day. I hate being rushed. If I fly in the 7th(my birthday) the wife may get upset but its doable I would arrive at 8:42. I can handle the $234 cost of the flight but hotel, car rental and all would hit my finances pretty hard.

Any help from AK local would be appreciated

Craig

Dean,

You will be my B!tch 2.gif

Read my edit above are you driving ? I wonder if I can pack my amps and have them as luggage ? I can get two night of hotels for 100.00 and if you are driving I will cover the hotel cost since you would save me the need for a car. But I would need to get from the air port.

Hey I have a thought when are you headed out ? I could just drive to your place the night before and we could drive down together the rest of the way !

Craig

----------------

On 4/8/2004 8:14:41 AM NOSValves wrote:

Okay if I come where can I stay ??

If I fly in on the 8th the earliest I can get there is 11am so I'm thinking that would be a hassle and kind of screw up the day. I hate being rushed. If I fly in the 7th(my birthday) the wife may get upset but its doable I would arrive at 8:42. I can handle the $234 cost of the flight but hotel, car rental and all would hit my finances pretty hard.

Any help from AK local would be appreciated

Craig

----------------

Craig and Dean,

Glad it will work for you to be here. We'll be happy to pick you up at the airport. Arkytype has offered lodging in his home. We can confirm all that. Just send me an e-mail or pm and we can get that arranged. Sounds like you and Dean may have your room arranged by now. Just let me know.

Hard21,

The Klipsch Forum gathering will be at my home in Scott, AR on Saturday, May 8th, beginning at 10 a.m. It's just five miles off I-440 in East Pulaski County. We'll be e-mailing directions and contact info to all those planning to attend.Hope you can make it.

Daddydee,

Actually this is a complete spur of the moment on my part to go ahead and come. I have been mulling it over for weeks. I think its a great B-day present to myself. I'm waiting for Dean to give me his details I think I may just drive to his place and then to your and skip to $230 flight cost. The Arkytype sounds interesting but if were driving I think Dean and I can split the cost of hotel I will just wait for Dean to respond.

Craig