Okay, so who's bringing what to the Arkansas par-taaay?

stream

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Dean,

Are you still willing to do that crossover replacement for my 7's at the gathering? If so, I'm still willing to bring them. It would be a good opportunity for a lot of people to hear a "before and after" example. It would also be a good opportunity for me :)

-Jesse

I don't regularly fish, but here is a King Salmon from Lake MI last summer.

king.jpg

Oh yeah, size 12 shoe. King was about 28 lbs., I think. Not bad for a rookie. You should have seen the looks at the cleaning station. It was tasty. But you should have seen the one that ran under the boat and got off the hook! ("Yea, right.")

post-10956-1381925379319_thumb.jpg

Uhg. I can't afford to build two sets, it's too expensive.

I think I already know what it's going to look like though. It should look the same with the exception of showing a little bit more attenuation in the frequency response at the horns resonance point. Overall, it will sound cleaner -- but the plots won't show it.

If a few people commit to my Heritage crossovers, I might have enough money to build a set to bring to Indy with me -- then you can have the pleasure of butchering them in front of everyone.2.gif

----------------

On 4/28/2004 8:21:37 PM NOSValves wrote:

Trey,

You like to Fish ? I'm headed to Northern Ontario the last week in May for a week of hauling in the big ones ! This is from 2 years ago.

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/Fish.jpg" border=0>

----------------

There's nothing quite like the classic, analog strike from a big game fish! Digitized, it somehow looses something! 9.gif

Too bad some of you anglers are't gonna be hanging around Arkansas to do some top-notch fly-fishing for trout. Arkansas holds the world's record for Brownie hybrid trout. A number of other world's record fish were caught here, too. Even the Crappie are fun on a flyrod in these parts...lots of "fight" in em for their size, too! Arkansas also has one of the top-ten large-mouthed bass lakes in the world...Lake Millwood. Many don't realize how much Arkansas has for anglers. Another thing...Arkansas is one of the few states that allows taking of fresh-water game fish with a speargun...so even the SCUBA divers around here enjoy bringing up something for supper. Just out of Hot Springs is Lake Ouachita which has some sizeable hybrid striped bass in it! Divers know where they are...on a warm bright sunny day...just about 60 feet down is where they tend to run...only problem is that is about where the treetops in the old riverbed areas of the man-made lake start to be seen...so you gotta be careful for all that broken Stren from baits snagged in tree limbs when you go "striper hunting"...it ain't no fun for a diver...getting tangled up in Stren! You can see it as long as you don't touch it, though...thanks to the silt that clings to it until it is knocked off. One thing about those baits snagged in those tree tops is that you can fill a tackle box with deep water baits in no time flat while diving in that lake! The suspended silt layer is normally encountered between 40-60 feet down unless a sudden temperature change has the lake "turning-over".

I'm terrible with PMs, always check the email box. Sorry it took me so long to respond.

Looks like Debbie got tired of hearing me gripe about Craig bailing out on me and decided to come along and share the driving time with me. So, some of you will finally have the pleasure of meeting Deangsgirl.

Dee,

OK. I think I got the schedule now.

Snipe Hunting

Fishing

Eat Hubcaps

Hunt for Diamonds

SCUBA Diving

and Andy will show us how to catch......."Strippers"?

Should we get vaccinated? The S.O. told me not to bring home anything that she couldnt listen to or cook.

Terry