richieb

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 4/26/2004 10:15:09 AM sheltie dave wrote:

I inferred that someone implied that I smelled bad, but I got so confussed with all the multiple copying in the responses, I can't remember who implied what I inferred. I'll climb back in one of Fini's consoles and go to sleep again.
----------------

9.gif

My rebuilt Hf-81 is a nice sounding amp, I don't find it bass shy at all with the K-horns. However, it pales IMHO against the 299c with 7591s which in turn pales against the 299c modded with SED "Flying C" El-34s and the NOS change in output coupling cap value.

I haven't used any of them since I got the Blueberry though. I'm thinking that I would like to find a nice pair of Corns and use one of the Scotts for an upstairs sytem and mayby build another pair for a garage system with the other. The Eico is still for sale as well as the 299b that is at Kelly's.

Rick

----------------

On 4/26/2004 10:53:10 AM 3dzapper wrote:

My rebuilt Hf-81 is a nice sounding amp, I don't find it bass shy at all with the K-horns.

----------------

I am running all Bugle Boys EL84 and the rest are all Mullards in my HF-81 and I don't have a bass bone to pick. However I should A/B it with my Adcom 535-II+PS Audio IV combination.

• Moderators

This is a great example of a helpful and interesting thread being completely derailed.

We have had several complaints from regulars on this board who are concerned personal attacks and threats such as this are compromising the integrity of our forum.

Flame wars will no longer be tolerated. Take it to the private forum, or keep it to yourself, please.

Threads such as this will be immediately closed. If they continue, I can only assume the abusers simply want attention; therefore, entire threads will be deleted--although that would be a shame because many of these threads contain genuinely helpful information from people who want to discuss audio and audio-related topics. I will apologize in advance to those people. If the attention-seekers continue to cause trouble, they will be banned.

I have been monitoring the ProMedia section of this forum for over 3 and a half years, and have strived to make it a pleasant place to be. I have now been assigned the rest of the forum topics, so I will be monitoring closely. My goal is to make the Klipsch forum a place where a brand new member would not hesitate to ask a question for fear of being attacked in any way.

Thanks everyone for your cooperation. Pease feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.