EICO vs. modern tube integrated

richieb

----------------

On 4/25/2004 3:46:34 PM paulparrot wrote:

Jazzman,

It's only logical that if you were thrilled with your Moonies you wouldn't be actively hunting for replacements. If they are that sublime, you should have Moonies in every listening room. IMHO you're protesting too much to be convincing.

Anyway, good luck with your search.

Klipsch out.

----------------

PP, I re-read jazman's post several times and I can't see where he mentioned 'replacement' could you quote that part please? Just because a person has more than one system doesn't mean he is required to have the same type amp(s) in each one...or refrained from using different amp(s) in a single system.

When we go out to eat, I really prefer steak, but that doesn't mean I don't eat chicken from time to time! 2.gif

I am not trying to get into an argument here, just the opposite, trying to put out a 'flame' war.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 4/25/2004 12:25:54 PM NOSValves wrote:

Just did a quick search for "Leak Tube" on aBay and Audiogon. eBay pulled up 1 single "mono" 12 for $1795 with preamp 2 required. Nothing on Audiogon at all they must not be to plentiful.

Craig

----------------

Again, trying to understand both sides of the comments. Could jazman actually trying to be helpful?

If I am searching for something on the internet, I often change my search criteria when I am looking for an item. Just because something is not readily available today does not rule out it won't be available in the near future. Looking a past listings and the time frames involved is quite helpful (to me at least).

Of course, YMMV, IMHO, and all that jazz! 2.gif

Edster,

I'm sure your intentions are pure but really be realistic you know just as well as I the history between Jazzman and I do you not ? I feel that his intentions are never as they may seem. The guy has hated me for near 2 years now do you really think he has changed that opinion? I think its best if he does as we have been doing ! He doesn't post to me and I do not post to him. If he persist what will happen will be his own fault not mine.

Craig

----------------

On 4/25/2004 3:58:47 PM NOSValves wrote:

Jazzman,

This is a true warning of total concern for you. As of the last few months you have avoided me and I have avoided you. This is turn has let us both to exist on this forum in complete harmony. You have broken the Ice here. I request once more that you refrain from posting to me in any way, shape or form and I in return will do the same for you.

enough said

Craig

----------------

As usual, it does not matter that what I said is true. Your statement is not supported by the facts. A more complete search would have been in order. Try it, and anyone else who doubts what I posted. Does it matter who points it out? You will continue in denial. I generally ignore your ill formed and ill informed posts. You surely will continue to attempt to flame anyone who questions anything you post that lacks veracity. (Refer to the scope trace thread where someone attempted to correct you AND share knowledge with you.)

Now, I'm going out to enjoy some of this wonderful California weather.

Klipsch out.

----------------

On 4/25/2004 4:10:57 PM paulparrot wrote:

How many mother hens are necessary, anyway? Just because Dean is on vacation doesn't mean he's given up his position.

----------------

Perhaps that is where some of the problems lie...anyone who tries to bring moderation to the personal attacks, or who doesn't agree with your position is a 'mother hen'...well that is OK by me. It seems that more that one 'mother hen' may be required.

----------------

On 4/25/2004 3:46:34 PM paulparrot wrote:

Jazzman,

It's only logical that if you were thrilled with your Moonies you wouldn't be actively hunting for replacements. If they are that sublime, you should have Moonies in every listening room. IMHO you're protesting too much to be convincing.

Anyway, good luck with your search.

Klipsch out.

----------------

More parrot droppings!

Is there a community college in your area where you can enroll in a Logic course before you attempt to use the word "logical" again?

As state above, I going out to enjoy some wonderful California weather.

Klipsch out.

----------------

On 4/25/2004 4:18:34 PM NOSValves wrote:

Edster,

I'm sure your intentions are pure but really be realistic you know just as well as I the history between Jazzman and I do you not ? I feel that his intentions are never as they may seem. The guy has hated me for near 2 years now do you really think he has changed that opinion? I think its best if he does as we have been doing ! He doesn't post to me and I do not post to him. If he persist what will happen will be his own fault not mine.

Craig

----------------

I am as well aware of the history of the participants as anyone on this forum. I personally have found that, upon occasion, it is good option 'turn the other cheek' and admit the data presented may in fact be valid.

I have had a little 'feud' going on with one of the guys in the marketing department where I work. IMHO he is a pompous ^ss. He and his personal assistant were trying to put together a Power Point presentation but were having a hard time coming up with suitable graphics. I swallowed my pride and provided what they were looking for. I haven't had an official 'atta boy' yet, but I know the personal assistant was highly appreciative.

Sometimes assistance comes from sources that are least expected.

Edster,

His post above says it all. The truth about the thread about scopes is almost laughable! In fact someone with complete knowledge told me to leave the thread because it was all flame bait and bunk !! Old Jazzman knows nothing of that subject at all.

Jazzman,

I once again I ask that you do not post to me for ANY REASON WHAT SO EVER !!! Any civilized human being would honor this request.

Craig

----------------

On 4/25/2004 5:40:53 PM NOSValves wrote:

Edster,

His post above says it all. The truth about the thread about scopes is almost laughable! In fact someone with complete knowledge told me to leave the thread because it was all flame bait and bunk !! Old Jazzman knows nothing of that subject at all.

Jazzman,

I once again I ask that you do not post to me for ANY REASON WHAT SO EVER !!! Any civilized human being would honor this request.

Craig

----------------

Then I humbly suggest you practice what you preach! 2.gif

Yeah, it'a a shame. Paul has really been on good behavior lately. Craig too. Now this. It's too far into spring to write it off to cabin fever. I wonder why these guys all decided to revert to the old, pre-shutdown behaviors. Re-reading the thread it looks it went to pieces after the "chicken bones" remark. Maybe there needs to be another vacation.....

Personally, I'm doing better with email exchanges now, turns out there's guys out there who have a lot to contribute but are so tired of the flame wars and attacks they don't want to post here anymore. Too bad.