$60 upgrade worth considering

greg928gts

I recently went to my doctor for a physical. Apparently when you turn 40 the inspections get a little more personal. 6.gif I digress.

Anyway, he told me I had a lot of wax build up in one ear and offered to irrigate. I came back a few days later and got my ears irrigated for $60.

The sound quality of my system is much improved.

Greg

Yeah, I've heard about 50!!

Parrot - no I haven't made the trade yet. I'm the one holding things up. I have some problems with having only normal looking things! The chassis are currently being chrome plated. Once they come back to me I've got some copper screen to put on them and then they go to Jeff to be built. I hope to have them by June of this year and I'll provide a detailed report to the forum. I'm pretty excited about this!

I only hope this forum is still around for me to be able to share this with in June.

Greg

The first time I had the ears done, the doc showed me what came out.........It was less than attractive. Funny how we cram Q-Tips in our ears every day, I guess it's like packing a cannon but it never comes out. Seriously, some people have more wax than others, and from what I've read, know one really knows why.

Some audio guy somewhere claimed he has his ears done once a year. Who knows and probably who cares.

At any rate, if you have never had it done, check it out, certainly couldn't hurt anything.

Mark

It has been a long time since I had this done, but I had it done frequently when I was a child. The difference in hearing, at least to me, was amazing. What is also amazing is the actual volume of "less than attractive" junk that we can have in the canal. I will be making an appointment tomorrow to have this done. Do not know why I did not think of it before seeing this thread.

LOL!

The doc had me do the Debrox the night before to loosen the dried up wax. Now that I've had that cleaned out, regular use of Debrox will probably keep them clean. But for those out there who have never had their ears cleaned out, the Debrox may not do it.

It depends though, you'll need to have the doc take a look in the ear canal to see. I use Q-tips regularly, so I had been jamming the wax into my ear canal for many years.

I didn't notice an improvement right away, it took a week or so for me to really notice. Not a big difference, just noticeably clearer.

Greg