SVS has arrived

I was expecting the UPS guy to deliver my SVS PC+ 2039 today so I waited out on the driveway with a beer in hand. It finally arrived and I have had some time to play and so far this thing is simply amazing. I've decided to set all speakers to "small" and have it crossed over at 80Hz and let the bad boy handle the low stuff. These settings have really released the strain on my mains and now they sound so much better.

After going through some DVDs to put the SVS through some hell, I put in LOTR the Balrog scene. I've watched this several times in the past but now I'm feeling and hearing things I didn't know existed. I was leaning back into the sofa with my legs resting on the coffee table and at some points I felt my bouncing around on the table.

Also, I used to really dislike the Denon's 5 channel stereo mode when listening to music. But now, for some reason (speaker settngs to "small" and addition of the sub) I love it. I won't listen to music any other way. It used to sound "cluttered", just too much sound. It seems to have separated and the sound field has expanded.

Oh, and get this, my fiance bought it for me. I just proposed to her last weekend and since I dropped so much coin on the ring she thought I should get something. This one's a keeper

Anyway, I thought I'd post a couple pics of the addition. Don't make fun of my TV, I'm moving soon and have a 51" HDTV that will get hooked up in the new place.

post-14757-13819254922588_thumb.jpg

Yup - have had an SVS 20-39 PCi for three weeks now and absolutely love it (though it lacks the power yours does). Glad to see another SVS fan - the Balrog scene in LOTR IS my favorite "sub" exercise movie segment. I concur with your experience!

Popbumper

----------------

On 5/10/2004 11:16:32 AM jfmacken wrote:

Nice... I am expecting my pb2+ in the mail today as well! I also couldn't help but notice the NES- sweet. Maybe you could find some crazy 20 hz bass in some old school NES games;)
----------------

No, back in those days, they were good from about 100Hz-5kHz 9.gif Subwoofer would never come out of standby!

I've already found some old nes games to have bass easily in the mid-30 hz range. Some dipping down below 30. By the way, just got my pb2+ and I am really impressed! It was really interesting playing super metroid- the rain/thunder atmosphere in the beginning had some nice 18 hz bass! Gonna check out LOTR first thing in the morning:)